Awoo.

IPS 4.1 Update Thread

Chris

Post any funky errors you get here and we'll try to address them. Keep in mind that Sonical (Retro) is acting weirdly and Catfish (Retro) is disabled entirely for the moment.

We're aware of some weird issues with mobile browsers. Issues with console browsers though probably aren't going to be fixed in the near future (I'm looking at you, Wii U).

Also if you're having issues, please try clearing cache and cookies first and see if that helps.

• The topic was pinned

Are there options to the new Discover page? Like, to change how often you want to receive new content, whom you want to see new content from, etc?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Kurisumasu no Klonoa said:

I'm getting this error when viewing the forum post from "Sonical Retro."

rEf3rqc.jpg

Well, the custom Sonic skins were made for IP.Board 3.0/3.1 and I assume we have upgraded to version 3.4.9 which puts the custom Sonic skins out of date. Use the Invision Power Default skin temporarily for little to no errors, until you the admins update the skins.

You can change the skin from the bottom of this page.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Merry Merry Yuigahama said:

Well, the custom Sonic skins were made for IP.Board 3.0/3.1 and I assume we have upgraded to version 3.4.9 which puts the custom Sonic skins out of date. Use the Invision Power Default skin temporarily for little to no errors, until you the admins update the skins.

You can change the skin from the bottom of this page.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. It's all the sudden not a issue though, it's back to normal.

• Thumbs Up 1

The icons for code are all messed up. Linking is a cog, quoting is a paragraph, code is a smiley, emoticons are the hyperlink chain etc.

I finally managed to fix the issue Marcello mentioned above by clearing my cache and cookies. It's still a major glitch however.

• Thumbs Up 1

lol, right after I delete that part since I saw you got it working xD

My post was about some having problems making replies in topics and status updates, even though they could make new status updates.

• Fixed some spacing and coloration issues on 2015. Hopefully this makes it easier to read some text on the discover page and in the newly revamped user profiles
  • Clicking the header of the forum will now return you to the forum index. This hasn't been a feature since IB3 so I'm not sure why it's being reported as an issue now, but it's changed by request. The home button for the website on the navigation bar will still act as normal, but is tagged more clearly.

I'm sorry this process is a tad slower than we had originally hoped; it's hard to foresee all of these issues on a testing environment.

Small thing, but the banner leads to the main TSS page versus the forum's home page. Was that an intentional change? o3o

Also, the button to insert a text url into a post leads instead to the emoticons.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay so how do you get it to mimic VNC then? because playing around with this stream thing is troublesome, I just want to view topics that I've posted in.

How do I disable that browser notification thing on firefox? thats going to give me a headache.

13 hours ago, goku262002 said:

Okay so how do you get it to mimic VNC then? because playing around with this stream thing is troublesome, I just want to view topics that I've posted in.

How do I disable that browser notification thing on firefox? thats going to give me a headache.

Create new stream > Ownership > Content I have posted in > Save. Access via the search button > Activity > My Activity Streams. The menu layout is sbject to change to make this easier to find.

Right click > View page info > Permissions > Show notifications

15 hours ago, Haalyle said:

2015-12-31.png.43dce20950c5232e3e84455a9

The '(' is missing when looking on the front page when (pic), (vid) etc are used. Not a huge problem.

Reported to IPS as a bug. [link]

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, bmn said:

Create new stream > Ownership > Content I have posted in > Save. Access via the search button > Activity > My Activity Streams. The menu layout is subject to change to make this easier to find.

Thats what I thought too but it shows posts and statuses, not just topics. I mean something in the vain of this like before:
unYFW7P.png

That layout, can we mimic that?

With the intention of keeping this topic to bugs and functionality issues, I'd like to reiterate (since the last time we did a larger scale content patch) that we're not redesigning the forum layout or reinventing how the data is displayed. If there is a particular page or feature change that was expanded on that you dislike the layout of, I'd suggest giving it some time and adjusting.

I understand that changes can be frustrating, but we're not about to spend hours (if not days) of time creating new pages that would break on every content update and require rebuilding. The retro skins are a current example of that - built from the ground up on IB4 but completely and functionally broken by content updates.

Edit: As a further example, we slated a one hour duration for the update earlier - it ended up taking two hours with one skin having extensive work to keep it functionally viable and another having a quick patch job that inevitably failed. Things break, a lot.

I didn't ask for you guys to change it back Chris, I just want to know how I can mimic the VNC layout above in this otherwise messy and cumbersome activity stream.

Spoiler

Spoiler test

Editing

Okay, so for some reason the Spoiler button has the image for "Left Align" instead of the eye icon from the previous version.  Everyone having trouble with the spoiler tags, please use this icon.

d1768048e28d3f95aa15f248fb32728d.png

Was hoping that would come out bigger in the post.  Higher resolution screenshot here.

• Thumbs Up 2