Awoo.

IPS 4.1 Update Thread

Chris

6 hours ago, Chris said:
  • Clicking the header of the forum will now return you to the forum index. This hasn't been a feature since IB3 so I'm not sure why it's being reported as an issue now, but it's changed by request. The home button for the website on the navigation bar will still act as normal, but is tagged more clearly.

It still sending me to the main page of the Sonic Stadium site instead of the forum (using Sonical Retro).

13 minutes ago, I'm Dan said:

It still sending me to the main page of the Sonic Stadium site instead of the forum (using Sonical Retro).

The change was made on the base 2015 theme only. Retro isn't getting any changes until I rebuild the theme from scratch later this week (it's functionally broken - moreso than I expected when I'd disabled Catfish).

1 hour ago, bmn said:

Looking at it again, the settings I suggested don't produce the right result. These settings should do the job:

streamprefs.thumb.png.eb1d20c9ff6d8e747d

Its Close, but its still bringing up topics that I've never posted in before. anyway to adjust that in a setting?

10 hours ago, goku262002 said:

Its Close, but its still bringing up topics that I've never posted in before. anyway to adjust that in a setting?

Those should actually be the right settings - the page isn't correctly ignoring non-foillowed content. Reported as a bug. [link]

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Awesome. also another bug I'll report then. whenever you are in the main status page and try to click on the "Home > Status Updates" on the very top it sends you to this link which is a error:
http://board.sonicstadium.org/?app=core&module=status&controller=

Thanks, reported. [link]

(Note about report links: they're mostly for my own benefit, as they can only be seen by IPS' clients. Bugs tend to be fixed for the next maintenance release - e.g. 4.1.5 to 4.1.6 - or the one after that; a timeframe of between a week and a month usually)

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I dunno if it's just my phone acting up, but Tapatalk has refused to work since the update. 

Tapatalk is a third party application to my knowledge, but I'll see what I can do to get it working again. Do you get any particular error or just no function at all?

5 minutes ago, bmn said:

Guessing you are testing the video linking, so how do you go about it now since "insert other media" is not functioning?

31 minutes ago, Chris said:

Tapatalk is a third party application to my knowledge, but I'll see what I can do to get it working again. Do you get any particular error or just no function at all?

*Goes to test it to make get the error message right, since it didn't work with any passwords regardless of being correct or not*

*No need to log in, it works perfectly*

...Oh.

Must have been a connection, never mind. 

After midnight last night for me, when it turned to 2016, the only times it's displaying for me now is '1 Jan 2016' for everything rather than 'Just Now' or 'X minutes/hours ago'.

Not too sure if this is a problem, or meant to happen.

The box for posting replies to threads or even editing posts still isn't loading for me, just the file attachment/insertion bar.  Firefox user here, had to open *shudder* Internet Explorer to post this.

7 minutes ago, JezMM said:

The box for posting replies to threads or even editing posts still isn't loading for me, just the file attachment/insertion bar.  Firefox user here, had to open *shudder* Internet Explorer to post this.

Empty your cache.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Empty your cache.

Ah awesome, had seen people posting the issue around yesterday but not any responses.  Thanks.

So does the spoiler tag not work anymore in the statuses? Because I typed the "code" to tag a spoiler yet it just came out as plain text.

3 hours ago, I'm Dan said:

So does the spoiler tag not work anymore in the statuses? Because I typed the "code" to tag a spoiler yet it just came out as plain text.

Spoiler tags also don't work for me in posts.

I can't get a video to appear in status updates. Can only post the link.

11 hours ago, I'm Dan said:

7 hours ago, BenderTheQuiet said:

Spoiler tags also don't work for me in posts.

I can't get a video to appear in status updates. Can only post the link.

http://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2-bmn/?status=768714&type=status

If you're having any issues, please clear your cache if you haven't done so since the update, and try again.

• Thumbs Up 1

After some investigation, this is a bug with the spoiler tag (not the button) affecting users without a specific permission (in practice, all non-staff on the forum) [link]

As a stop-gap, I'll add the spoiler button to the editor in the status widget.

Update: The "Content I Follow" bug in activity streams has been marked as fixed in the next version, which should be available in the next week.

• Thumbs Up 2

Some changes for today:

• New sidebar on posts! It's been rearranged and shortened, but some of the information that used to be displayed won't be now (namely console tags). You'll find those in your profile! [Sonical 2015 only right now]
  • The awards have been adjusted so that you can now favourite specific awards in your profile. Up to 8 can be favourited and will have a display priority, but the order when displayed is based on when you received the award.
  • Thumbs Up 4

I like that when I highlight a part of someones post, a "quote this" tab will appear. Makes life much easier. :)

• Thumbs Up 1