Awoo.

BOOM REVIEW: Not sure if I can post this, but...

RLS Legacy

... I've been a Sonic fan for a while now, and was among the many droves of people who were disappointed with Sonic Boom (the games, not the show which, incidentally, I think is brilliant).

Now, apologies if this kinda thing ain't allowed (I'm interpreting 'written works' as including reviews), but I've recently begun contributing to freelance game review site - which you've probably never heard of - GameSkinny, and one of my inaugural pieces is a 7000-word analysis of Rise of Lyric, with an in-depth look at its development, its successes and failures on many fronts, including the story, as well as some amusing anecdotes and a final assessment of the game's merits.

Here's the link:

http://www.gameskinny.com/1l170/sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-wii-u-review-gotta-bomb-fast

In short, I'm quite proud of it, and though it may come across to some as a whiny diatribe, I mean every single word written in it. So, where better place to hear the thoughts of fellow Sonic fans than TSS? I'd really appreciate it if people would take a look - I'm not assuming people have the time to read the whole thing - and offer their own views, as well as constructive criticism. Always gratefully received.

Thanks in advance, everyone, and Happy New Year!

• Thumbs Up 2

I find that it's very difficult to make text reviews entertaining in their own right, but you did a very good job! Comprehensive, engaging analysis spiced up with some genuine wit that keeps the review fun to read. Awesome stuff, man! Props!