Awoo.

12 weeks of Sonic Games

Rey Skywalker-Ren

Thinking what Im thinking?

5tTEFEW.gif

SONIC GAMES!!!

Welcome to the 12 weeks of Sonic games! So youre probably wondering: what is this? What does it do? Well this is kinda a not-event where you play a Sonic game listed for this week, you finish it, post your ending and you give a short review of what you felt about the game as you were playing it. It doesnt need to be a long review, just something more then 1 sentence. Also for each day of the week for the game there will be daily challenges which are completely optinal, which means you dont have to do them if you dont want but they are there to add more replay and more fun to the game. I will be listing games that are easily assceable to people and games I think most people have. If you have suggestions for games other then what I have, please feel free to status message me. (also I talked this over with one of the mods and they said it was OK)

FAQ

I dont have a console. How can I play the games?

Alot of these you can get on Steam. The games listed are also all emulatable. So anyone can easily get the game.

Are you going to do 3D games?

Aside from Sonic Adventure, if more people suggest them I will list them as bonuses but I really dont want to do 3D games unless its the Adventure games. Its mostly because I want to make this a event anyone can join

Do I need to get all the chaos emeralds?

No you do not for this event

Sonic Adventure/Sonic 3 and K etc: Do I need the true story to finish?

No you do not need to get the true story to finish here. You can play as anyone and post the ending here.

Wait I have to write a review?!

Yeah image only posts arent allowed and I want to hear peoples thoughts on the game. Dont worry, your review only needs to be more then one sentence. Daily challenges though you dont not need a review but rather list whatever you did for the challenge or if you want list tips on how to complete the stage.

Do I have to play as Sonic?

No unless the game is Sonic only, you dont not need to play as him to complete the event. There will be challenges on the characters, which you dont have to do, but you can use whoever you want.

What if I hate the game listed?

Well... you dont have to play it and if you ask me nicely via status or PM ill let you play a game that is LIKE it. 

Sonic Generations??

It might be listed as a daily challenge unless more people ask for it to be in the actual event.

Anymore questions you can either ask in this thread, PM me or status message me. Also I do want to let you all know that there MIGHT be someone else that will announce the games on some weeks to rotate... MAYBE. So if you see someone else doing so, thats why. So when I tell you to, watch out for there posts. So without further adoo lets play~! The fgame for this week is

Sonic_Advance_Coverart.png

Daily challenge for today: post times for Neo Green Hill Zone

Spoiler

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_1_Genesis_box_art.jpg

Sonic 1 was the game for Jan 5 - 12 

Daily challenge for 1/5: post your times for Green Hill Zone

Daily challenge for 1/6: Finish any Green Hill Act with more then 50 rings 

Daily challenge 1/7: complete Green Hill, any act, with 20 rings or less. 

Daily challenge(s) for 1/8: Post your best times for any Act of Marble Zone OR Clear all 3 Acts of Green Hill Zone with the lowest score possible.

Daily challenge 1/9: finish the first special stage with more then 40 rings

Daily challenge 1/10: post your times for any act in Scrap Brain Zone

Last daily challenge 1/11: Post times for any act of your favorite stage in the game and explain why you like that stage

• Thumbs Up 9

Oh... no 3D games... little disappointed. But I can see why.

I might consider it, but I think I'm gonna be a bit too busy to actually finish any of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, hey, Sonic 1 as the starter! I'll be playing this several times this week anyway (thank you, mobile), so I'll write a review as soon as I finish it next. :P

Great topic idea, Mikyeong!

• Thumbs Up 2

SHIT I FORGOT! You can play any version of Sonic 1 you want: moble, gamegear, genesis etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

Best time from you gain control of Sonic in act 1 and ending when you hit the capsule in act 3? Or are we talking per act?

Trust me, I am a speed demon with this one.

21 minutes ago, Adamis said:

Are there badges to win ? :P

Right, that's what I was going to ask....

Nah man, its just for fun. Badges I dont want them to be a thing here. 

Also Tails, Knuckles, Amy etc in Sonic 1 are also OK for this event as well :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, here's my times on Green Hill Zone.

mrVgMsf.png(Act 1)

6qbEqX1.png(Act 2)

KAFZ9jk.png(Act 3)

Yeah, I lost a life in Act 3, stupid spike glitch! And yeah, I ain't very fast, but I haven't play this game in a long time. I've saved on Marble Zone Act 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heres my Green Hill times. Suprise I chose Tails for this event (i did say you can play Sonic 1 with any character haha)

m1y6Ybn.jpg

c0ZiwQl.jpg

ghV8EEc.jpg

and i still suck at this game but nontheless im having fun :D

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

Heres my Green Hill times. Suprise I chose Tails for this event (i did say you can play Sonic 1 with any character haha)

Oh, I know. Gonna continue it as Shadow probably xD

4 minutes ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

What is the purposes of this topic? Can someone tell me?

I guess with the 25th Anniversary starting up, Mik here wants to start a small event where we play the older Sonic games and give our thoughts on how those games were. It's like a lookback on when the series started, I think.

• Thumbs Up 3

A review/discussion topic where we have a bit of fun while doing so. Kinda of a competition as well since we are posting game times, an event idea of sorts.

Hmm, might give it a try, though i wont be able to take any photo evidence of my end times. im going to be honest about it though. im not much of a speed runner anyay.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Soni said:

I guess with the 25th Anniversary starting up, Mik here wants to start a small event where we play the older Sonic games and give our thoughts on how those games were. It's like a lookback on when the series started, I think.

Pretty much this. It is something where we all we play the older games and have a little fun with it even maybe a little competing. And might sneak in some Sonic Generations haha

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, Soni said:

Wasn't there a topic like this? Called "post popular/unpopular opinions"?

4 minutes ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

Wasn't there a topic like this? Called "post popular/unpopular opinions"?

Eh, it's kinda different. The opinions topic is just a topic for people to dump various opinions on the series. This topic is a bit more stylized and has a focus, the participants play the game that Mik says and after playing it, we post our times and our thoughts based on the game we've played.

Interesting, I definitely will play as many games as possible. And now I also have excuse to review them

Here are my time of Green Hill

568cd788a6228_2016-01-0610.57.02.thumb.p

568cd79358906_2016-01-0610.57.37.thumb.p

568cd79812de9_2016-01-0610.58.02.thumb.p

Yeah, I had to edit them because original photos took too much space.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Haalyle said:

Well, @RipeFIN, you're faster than me. Did you change roms though? (And does that mean you had to play Act 1 twice?)

No, I played them with mobile version of the game. And I had to play act 2 twice because for some reason it did not took picture at the first time. Because of that I swapped from main game to the time attack so I did not have to play whole zone again.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, RipeFIN said:

No, I played them with mobile version of the game. And I had to play act 2 twice because for some reason it did not took picture at the first time. Because of that I swapped from main game to the time attack so I did not have to play whole zone again.

Oh, I see. Was just a bit confused, because I only really see that kind of timer in Rom hacks and such. Nice job, though!

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Soni said:

Eh, it's kinda different. The opinions topic is just a topic for people to dump various opinions on the series. This topic is a bit more stylized and has a focus, the participants play the game that Mik says and after playing it, we post our times and our thoughts based on the game we've played.

Keyword is kinda. Sorry mate,but I see no reason for this topic.

While often we prefer to keep discussion and content non-fragmented and in a single topic, on a rare occasion we think it can be alright to have a separate topic. In the case of the upcoming 25th anniversary, I think it serves the 12 week project neatly. It is currently undecided regarding the subject of awards, as inquired by Adamis, but if there will be such a system applied, then having a topic to separate this limited project from the usual topic can ease process and administration in those regards.

That being said, this topic will serve as a limited time project, so if you wish to participate in such an event (and possibly grab an award, who knows) then there you go.

As a final note, if you feel a topic should not exist, feel free use the report button. Above the content of the first post in a topic, it will say "Report post". If you report the first content in a topic, it will report the topic as a whole, contrary when reporting any subsequent post, which will report only that post in particular. However, as was stated by Mikyeong during the opening post, this topic has already been approved privately, and I hope my first paragraph helped explaining the purpose of the topic a little more. Enjoy!

• Thumbs Up 7

k3r2smZ.jpg

well i did it after 12 attempts to finish this game. how do i feel about Sonic 1? Well.... me personally, I still hate it. Mostly because it feels boring to me. However I never thought I would say this but playing as another character in the same game makes the game feel a little more exciting and adds more verity. If you want a more challenging experiance I would play the Amy in Sonic 1 hack, if you want a adventurous experience, I would play the hack starring Knuckles and I used Tails because hes kinda normal though he is very slow but he can fly. 

As a game on its own, its a pretty good game. Of course it is the first Sonic game that started the series, however playing it I am reminded as to why people used to love Sonic so much. When playing I notice that platforming as well as speed is everything and unlike the other games this game makes you rely on your skill level and how well know memorise to ensure a smooth sailing through your experiance. Also the physcics are there and I welcome this type of gameplay in any future Sonic game. I just wish that the game didnt bore me so much or else Id like it, but ..... I hate it. 

But despite my dislike for the game, I respect it for what this game is and as for what it is trying to accomplish, its a damn good game.

• Thumbs Up 3