Awoo.

Archie Sonic Online - Fan Made Archie Sonic Continuation - NEWEST ISSUE: Sonic The Hedgehog Online #253

Ryannumber1gamer

Finally remembered that Issue 2 was out today, and read it. Absolutely loved the stories on showcase. My favourite was definitely A Maiden's Heart. It explored an relationship that hasn't been explored much even in the New252verse, and that was really damn cool. 

If I did have one or two criticisms, Sonic seemed overly annoyed in the story, but it wasn't that huge a deal. Otherwise, really really good read, and mad props to everyone involved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Gonna be bumping this long dormant topic because some new stuff from ASO has arrived! So who wants some comic solicits?

tumblr_olp9g4zeH11ugzrvqo1_r1_1280.png

Spoiler

KNUCKLES: ENDANGERED SPECIES #1

Picking up where Sonic the Hedgehog #243 left off, Knux gets his long-awaited time in the spotlight in “Endangered Species Part Two: In Captivity!” The Dark Egg Legion has prevailed over Team Fighters, and now Albion’s rescuers need rescuing—fortunately Knuckles, Julie-Su and Saffron are up to the challenge. But as he battles a robotic duplicate of himself and his guilt over his actions as Enerjak, an even greater threat looms on the horizon! Featuring cover art from superb Sonic artist Drawloverlala, and pencils from Gigi D, the creator of the renowned Sonic fancomic “The Murder of Me!”

Script: The Shadow Imperator & TuxKnux
Art: Gigi-D, Tim “J” Campbell, ebettoran and Ian PK
Cover Art: Drawloverlala

(Credits are not final and are subject to change)

• Thumbs Up 8

• 3 months later...

Hey, I'm one of the writers for this project!  Glad to see it getting attention on some Sonic media sites.  Things have been quiet for quite a bit, but that's only because the team has been working so hard on the upcoming stories!  Mobius Legends #3 is nearly complete, and all the test stories in that one turned out great!  We can't wait for everyone to see them.  We should also be able to release a solicit for Sonic the Hedgehog Online #248 soon as well, and that's sure to grab some attention.

On 1/18/2017 at 1:04 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Finally remembered that Issue 2 was out today, and read it. Absolutely loved the stories on showcase. My favourite was definitely A Maiden's Heart. It explored an relationship that hasn't been explored much even in the New252verse, and that was really damn cool. 

If I did have one or two criticisms, Sonic seemed overly annoyed in the story, but it wasn't that huge a deal. Otherwise, really really good read, and mad props to everyone involved.

Thanks, I was the writer for that story!  I always thought that Amy and Sally's relationship in the preboot was underdeveloped.  I mean, Amy didn't even react at all when Sally slapped Sonic right in front of her, which is why I included a shot of her being angry in my story.  As for Sonic being overly annoyed, part of this story was taken from StH #239, and that's how Sonic actually acted in that issue, so there wasn't much I could do about that.  But I'm still glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you enjoy another story of mine that will be in ML #3!

I'll close this out with some concept pictures that were made in the early stages of this project.  This is NOT what's gonna happen in the final version, but it still gives a good idea of what you can look forward to with the upcoming stories.

Spoiler

test_01_by_tale3211_by_sonicwindattack-dadzlwv.thumb.jpg.331ad8b942561db2de5679ec2d5056b9.jpgtest_02_by_tale3211_by_sonicwindattack-dadzlwq.thumb.jpg.78ac3a0ec3f58521951356ca4246d3ee.jpgtest_03_by_tale3211_by_sonicwindattack-dadzlwn.thumb.jpg.00e06cb5819280f8f01d03956db057c5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

Ah damn. I'm jealous. This looks great. I need to hurry and start my comics soon. 

I really want to read this though.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

^ That cover's really getting me exited! It looks pretty professional-like for me.

The stuff you've already made in those "Legends" was pretty cool-looking and interesting storywise already, and to think this project doesn't really make money makes it even more astonishing how much effort makers put in this.

Gee, I'm getting more and more hyped. :D

10 hours ago, BlueSky said:

^ That cover's really getting me exited! It looks pretty professional-like for me.

The stuff you've already made in those "Legends" was pretty cool-looking and interesting storywise already, and to think this project doesn't really make money makes it even more astonishing how much effort makers put in this.

Gee, I'm getting more and more hyped. :D

Thanks!  Yeah, we're sure lucky to have a group full of such talented and hardworking people.  Everyone's put in a tremendous amount of effort for these stories, and it's paying off.  It's a project I'm proud to be part of, and I can't wait until you all can see what we have in store.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

i read the comics posted, they are pretty good. i really liked the artwork in shadow's comic, i couldn't even tell it was fake!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm rather curious if there's a chance the ASO team will decide to continue the Post-252 universe as like backup stories or something now that mainline Archie is cancelled and if it turns out that IDW's comic is 100% original rather than a continuation.

• Thumbs Up 2

They've said they're not planning to. 

Makes sense as most of them are pre-reboot fans moreso. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It is sad but understandable, as it is how @VEDJ-F said.

Maybe if someone gets interested/motivated enough that someone could try, but then again, while there's many who more or less enjoyed post-reboot universe, I'm not too sure if these fans would be as active.

Pre-reboot continuity had more years behind it so I suppose that made the fans more determined to keep it going. :huh:

"I could be wrong, so wrong" though...

As a writer for the project, I can confirm that there are currently no plans to make any stories for the Post-SGW universe.  Please keep in mind that many members of the team enjoy, and in some cases, prefer the reboot, but we simply don't have the time or resources to write for both universes.  Archie Sonic Online always has been, and will continue to be, a project dedicated to continuing the Pre-SGW universe, and that alone gives us more than enough to work with.  But I don't think the reboot is being completely neglected, as I have seen a project for it called "Sonic Ever After".  It's more of a zine than a full-fledged comic, but I believe part of it is about continuing the reboot universe:  https://soniceverafter.tumblr.com/.  And who knows, maybe some reboot-exclusive characters will end up in our project at some point, but for now please respect our decision to continue with our original plans regardless of what happens with the official comic.   

• Thumbs Up 5

• 3 weeks later...

These were shown on our Tumblr, so I figured we should show them off here as well.  Here are some preview panels for KES #1:

Spoiler

tumblr_ov060whDwF1vw4ssuo1_1280.png

tumblr_ov060whDwF1vw4ssuo2_1280.png

tumblr_ov060whDwF1vw4ssuo3_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 6

55 minutes ago, SonicWindAttack said:

These were shown on our Tumblr, so I figured we should show them off here as well.  Here are some preview panels for KES #1:

Hide contents

tumblr_ov060whDwF1vw4ssuo1_1280.png

tumblr_ov060whDwF1vw4ssuo2_1280.png

tumblr_ov060whDwF1vw4ssuo3_1280.png

Will KES be canon?

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Will KES be canon?

To our version of the story, yes.  It will overwrite the way Endangered Species happened in the official comic.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, SonicWindAttack said:

To our version of the story, yes.  It will overwrite the way Endangered Species happened in the official comic.

Ok thanks.

• 2 weeks later...