Awoo.

Archie Sonic Online - Fan Made Archie Sonic Continuation - NEWEST ISSUE: Sonic The Hedgehog Online #253

Ryannumber1gamer

I thought that was adorable. As a single issue finale, the events as they played out were all good. 

Obviously, the big issue is that said events had to be squeezed into a single issue. Moments that should have more punch or breathing room aren't given their full due. There's very little preamble and build up to it as well.

That's the unfortunate result of going this particular route but who's to say this would have been better or worse than the actual one that was cancelled, really? I appreciated it all the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, the issue definitely would have benefitted from being at least a 2-parter so things had more room to breathe, but they touched on most of the plot points that needed touched on to make for a decent ending. Honestly, considering the "official" Archie version was going to be one issue also, I can't imagine they could have done much better. Good stuff.

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately, due to the nature of our comic (volunteer, non-profit, etc.) we can't offer expected release dates. Rest assured though, work on STHO 252, SUO 52, and KES 2 and beyond is ongoing!

• Thumbs Up 5

9 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

Unfortunately, due to the nature of our comic (volunteer, non-profit, etc.) we can't offer expected release dates. Rest assured though, work on STHO 252, SUO 52, and KES 2 and beyond is ongoing!

Gotcha. I was worried that it was like, canceled or something. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, bit wasn't there a forums page on your site? Or am I just crazy?

We did have a forum, but it became too difficult to maintain in comparison to how little activity was happening there. We do have a public discord server that serves as its replacement.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I'd like to share with some of my own fanmade,unofficial ideas here of what if you have nothing against if you don't have anything in mind guys and gals...etc. Let's hope my own online history in this very forum not gonna disappear without any traces.

Edited by lucasdanielpeterrygal

You can, but it's probably gonna be for your own amusement, rather then helping them.

I seriously doubt they run out of ideas after couple of issues. They might have problem finishing out the script, but most likely it's done as well and they just can't get artists with free time.

It seems Ken Penders (infamous, controversial one of former Archie Sonic Comics writers) and Sega both ruined Archie sonic Comics after it seems Ken Penders saw a potential of Echidna Mythical,Ancient(cartoony,fictional,humanoid,anthropomorphic) Tribe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Endangered Species is very good. It goes without saying that it's better than the Archie version.

Anyway keep up the good work.

I think this interpretation of Endangered Species is the best thing you've got going now. 

It's funny because I just got done reading the one that actually made it to print. The timing is impeccable.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know that you guys also made a version of the original Sonic Universe issue 50(Sonic Underground ending). I liked it.

I'm surprised that you got to do an interview with Ian. It's interesting how according to Ian the Sonic Underground story never really made it to the script phase, and how Sega rejected it when Archie sent the cover to Sega for approval.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

That one was insanely well done. Great job on this.

14 hours ago, Kuzu said:

This was so damn good. 

Thank you!  As the writer, that means a lot.  Of course, that can’t compare to the insane work from our amazing artists, but I’m proud of it all the same 😊

Normally, I didn't care for Geoffrey and Naugus plot, but this one was very good. Can't wait for the next issue!

Also awaiting next chapters of Bunnie in Sonic Universe and Endangered Species.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 5 weeks later...

Reading these feels like "Hello old friend".

On 7/20/2022 at 6:12 PM, SonicWindAttack said:

Sonic the Hedgehog Online #252 is now live!

It was really good!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/20/2022 at 5:12 PM, SonicWindAttack said:

Sonic the Hedgehog Online #252 is now live!

I've always liked the idea that Sonic is this talkative cocky guy who never loses an opportunity to make a quip to his enemies, but when he gets serious, or something makes him really angry, he's just silent and focused. That's the vibe I got from him here, which is cool. Having Sonic use one of Antoine's moves (from the reboot anyway - tho it's obvs from Black Knight too) to attack Naugus with the Sword of Light really sells that Sonic cares deeply about his friend and is ready to put an end to the monster responsible for putting him in the hospital. That whole sequence is a great visual representation of their relationship and way more powerful than having Sonic shout "This is for Antoine!" or whatever. Elias acknowledging that he may kill Geoffrey but it's just "one of the burdens [he] needs to bear as king" is very Elias lol

I do have a nitpick with the grammar in one of Naugus' lines here: "The D'Coolette boy? The one who sacrificed himself to aid in the former king's escape? The escape I apprised to the doctor? Indeed!" It should be "The escape I apprised the doctor of?" 'Apprise' means inform or give notice. "The escape I informed to the doctor" wouldn't make sense either. It's a small issue, but it did undercut the intensity of the moment a little.

Since I feel bad being a pedantic grammarian, I'll finish with the obvious: the artwork and colours here are absolutely fantastic and the issue is awesome. Great job to the whole team!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Spoiler

This ending was so more satisfying and was indeed had a positive note Ian Flynn stated for Archie Knuckles and his lore.

• The fight with Thrash ending with Knuckles pulling a Naruto's talk-no-jutsu. However, it seems that Thrash's grandmother passed on.
  • Finitevus came back and took the Gene Bomb. That will bring some interesting plot twists if the ASO team does it right for an original story.
  • Knuckles revealed his experiences as Enerjak to everyone. Of course, they forgave him.
  • Some bit of "closure" between Julie-Su, Remington and Lien-Da: The team finally brought in some "antagonistic rivalry atmosphere" between the sisters that was hinted back in the Return to Angel Island arc (Julie was ready to headshot her sister with her gun when demanding the memory erasing chip), and Remington giving a reality check on leadership, resulting of Lien-Da's peg for being a leader brought down badly. At the end, Lien-Da looks like she is ready to cause more trouble as Grandmaster.
  • The artwork was so damn good that we have some interesting echidna designs for the NPCs. Saffron Bee and Gae-Na's designs were on point. Although, I wished the team gave Julie-Su a brand new design (I noticed that her cybernetic dread has a crack on it, thanks to Thrash) so it look like she can easily fit into the Sega-Sonic world. 
  • The Chaotix reunion... I really want to shed a tear.