Awoo.

Archie Sonic Online - Fan Made Archie Sonic Continuation - NEWEST ISSUE: Sonic The Hedgehog Online #253

Ryannumber1gamer

That was really entertaining. Felt good to read a brand new issue of a Sonic comic after what feels to me like almost a year of nothing.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

28 minutes ago, Sean said:

That was really entertaining. Felt good to read a brand new issue of a Sonic comic after what feels to me like almost a year of nothing.

I did not realize til now that it has been around a year since the final issue of the comics released. 

Anyways, 248 was a nice surprise as it does well at continuing where the Pre-SGW universe left off. I like that Cream was helpful in this issue as the comics (Even the reboots) often under use, so her assistants here were appreciated. Also, I was surprised seeing Emerl here. I wonder what havoc he and Metal will cause. Hopefully, Sally is deroboticized soon (Though the next issue's cover suggest this might be sooner).

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh well, I read it last evening and it was purely awesome! The fact how much effort is put into this thing really tells how passionate you're about this! ^_^

I really keep wanting for more. This is actually feeling like an issue I could really see myself buying, reading and enjoying as a real deal. I hope you keep on doing your best.

I think it's pretty okay to take your time since the stuff you deliver and how you deliver it is just so awesome. I loved the way some scenes were drawn and the colours felt like straight from the original book. The story captured the feel and it was pretty nice to see you were already gesturing towards the Endangered Species remake with that deroboticizator (hope that was typed right). At least I think it was something about that, since "the original cop-out" was talking about that robot-plant playing part into the process..?

Plus that last page sneak peek made me all hyped! I might explode for all of this hype I've been experiencing! :D

• Thumbs Up 4

On 12/23/2017 at 11:01 AM, LargoDELLZ said:

ASO’s Sonic The Hedgehog - Online #248 has just released! Link to read down below:

http://archiesoniconline.com/?comic=sonic-the-hedgehog-online-248-page-1

This is a nice read! Liked the balance between Team Freedom and Team Fighters facing their own battles, and that cover art looks really cool! The expression partially reminded me of Yardley's art style.

Looking forward to the next one!

On 12/23/2017 at 1:13 PM, GentlemanX said:

Hope you guys enjoy the issue! Everyone worked super hard to get this out here for you and I think they all did a bang up job!

That was...really good. Like, surprisingly so. I honestly figured it'd come out feeling like a fan comic (considering, y'know, it is), but the writing, the art, the inking, the coloring...it really, truly felt like a legit Archie comic. VERY well done. Kudos to you and the rest of your crew.

Special props to @Drawloverlala and her amazing artwork. I expected great things, but man, I thought for a second there Ben Bates was working on this thing. Fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Fist Bump 1

Quick thought about "Mobius Legend"

Spoiler

Prelude: Nice straightforward excuse what happened. I do wonder if Sol World shouldn't count as "sub-dimension" but I have no serious arguments anyway.

Chili Dog: Perfect, 'fluff' story, little to comment, little to praise. Just a proof you can make a comic.

Trigger: Blaze & Elise? Ok,  that's random and gets random-ier. But characterization is top notch, someone had balls to make pick Elise and try to make her cool....Ow wait, she wore Sanic t-shirt. Worst story ever.

New Domination: Yay, Metal! Pretty cool, but let's be honest: it hypes the story that ISN'T coming, and that slightly cheapens its value as nothing else interesting happens.

Maiden's Heart: Look at Amy & Sally relation (from one side anyway). Pretty standard, no surprises here.

Invaders from Beyond: Same problem as with Adam. Marauders are coming, get hyped...except they aren't coming. And without that story is rather bare.

Regrets: I should like it best since it's pretty much stand-alone story, with substance. The problem is I really don't feel Scourge in this story. He feels kinda... how to put it... intentionally less charismatic? Makes me wonder if the writer just doesn't like Scourge/Fiona shipping. Also tiny complain about art, his chest scars look kinda odd.

Don't Forget: Silver meeting classic Sonic was kinda funny. I didn't get it at first, seemed like a random look at Silver's different stories. But now I see it shows how sad his life is, always fighting for a better world, losing his friend and allies and the saddest part is, he doesn't ever remembers then. It's actually kinda touching.

Disturbed: Shadow 06, huh? Every artist did fantastic job, coming very close to Archie standard, but this story is my personal favorite art-wise. My favorite panels are 'victorious' Omega and last panel with Mephiles. Story is well written, but I feel it just repeats the exactly same thing game already said. Although in better fashion, so maybe that justifies it's existence.

And all of-pannels are cute. It may seem like I'm not impressed, but it's far from it. For a test run, they all work really well and make me hopeful for the future.

As for actual 248

- Art is good (only Nicole looks iffy on one panel), Drawloverlala should be getting calls from IDW any minute now.

- Story is, let's be fair, everything we expected will happen. Nothing really to complain about (characterization is good) , but no fireworks either....

- ... with one obvious exception and I'm really mixed about. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome Emerl is here. Are we getting Sonic Battle adaptation? Or maybe Eggman will be keeping him as replacement for Sally? Are we now for big epic battle or for a tiny skirmish that is beginning of bigger arc? I don't know and I'm looking forward to find out.

It just seems that his appearance is overshadowing Mecha Sally, you know the whole point of this arc? Makes me wonder if writers want to close this arc ASAP and move to the  other stuff. Also, my pet peeve: don't put the biggest twist of the story on the cover. It's usually done to draw readers, but I don't need extra motivation to get my Sonic fix. (Then again, I don't like bland covers that tell you nothing about the story... forget I even said anything).

Still, I'm super hyped. This is really close to Archie-quality. I dare to say that in some ways I like it better than start of Reboot (I'm looking at you #255)

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Reveal hidden contents

Prelude: Nice straightforward excuse what happened. I do wonder if Sol World shouldn't count as "sub-dimension" but I have no serious arguments anyway.

Chilli Dog: Perfect, 'fluff' story, little to comment, little to praise. Just a proof you can make a comic.

Trigger: Blaze & Elise? Ok,  that's random and get's random-ier. But characterization is top notch, someone had balls to make pick Elise and try to make her cool....Ow wait, she wore Sanic t-shirt. Worst story ever.

New Domination: Yay, Metal! Pretty cool, but let's be honest: it hypes the story that ISN'T coming, and that slightly cheapens its value as Sonic else interesting happens.

Maiden's Heart: Look at Amy & Sally relation (from one side anyway). Pretty standard, no surprises here.

Invaders from Beyond: Same problem as with Adam. Marauders are coming, get hyped...except they aren't coming. And without that story is rather bare.

Regrets: I should like it best since it's pretty much stand-alone story, with substance. The problem is I really don't feel Scourge in this story. He feels kinda... how to put it... intentionally less charismatic because the writer doesn't like Scourge/Fiona shipping. Also tiny complain about art, his chest scars look kinda odd.

Don't Forget: Silver meeting classic Sonic was kinda funny. I didn't get it at first, seemed like a random look at Silver's different stories. But now I see it shows how sad his life is, always fighting for a better world, losing his friend and allies and the saddest part is, he doesn't ever remembers then. It's actually kinda touching.

Disturbed: Shadow 06, huh? Every artist did fantastic job, coming very close to Archie standart, but this strory is my personal favorite art-wise. My favorite pannels are 'victorius' Omega and last pannel with Mephiles. Story is well written, but I feel it just repeats the exactly same thing game already said. Although in better fashion, so maybe that justifies it's existance.

And all of-pannels are cute. It may seem like I'm not impressed, but it's far from it. For a test run, they all work really well and make me hopeful for the future.

Spoiler

As the writer for Regrets, I appreciate the feedback.  I don't really have anything against the Scourge/Fiona pairing, but I wanted to try and tackle the relationship from a more realistic angle.  Sonic is the charismatic one, and Scourge, being his literal opposite, is shown to rule people through fear.  Even though Fiona genuinely has feelings for him, the euphoria is starting to wear off after his recent escape from prison.  Still, she's gone too far to turn back on her decision.  And I agree with 248 being a simple "going through the motions" story as setup for the real climax.  But as the writer for the upcoming 249, I personally hope and believe that it will blow 248 out of the water.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

6 hours ago, SonicWindAttack said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As the writer for Regrets, I appreciate the feedback.  I don't really have anything against the Scourge/Fiona pairing, but I wanted to try and tackle the relationship from a more realistic angle.  Sonic is the charismatic one, and Scourge, being his literal opposite, is shown to rule people through fear.  Even though Fiona genuinely has feelings for him, the euphoria is starting to wear off after his recent escape from prison.  Still, she's gone too far to turn back on her decision.  And I agree with 248 being a simple "going through the motions" story as setup for the real climax.  But as the writer for the upcoming 249, I personally hope and believe that it will blow 248 out of the water.

If Scourge wasn't charismatic, he would never swing Fiona 'to the dark side'. He shows his true ugly side when he's angry, say "Brand New Moebius".

Don't get me wrong, idea of Fiona having regrets over her burned bridges definitely has potential (shakes status quo, without going predictable path), but 8 pages is not enough space. New emotion come out too suddenly and thus look insincere.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, that's not necessarily true. Even in canon, Fiona was drawn more to the fact he was a bad boy and less by any other reason, so she could have totally overlooked things like Charisma. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Solicits for Sonic The Hedgehog Online #249 are now out!

stho_249_cover_by_theshadowimperator-dby

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ONLINE #249

The Mecha Sally arc reaches its long-awaited conclusion in "Against the Clock": Team Fighters has successfully returned to New Mobotropolis with the captured Mecha Sally, but Dr. Eggman still has a few more tricks up his sleeve—namely a new-and-improved Metal Sonic and an ancient war machine! As the battle rages on in the imperiled city, will Sonic have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save the day?! It's the action-packed climax you've all been waiting for, with a jaw-dropping ending you can't afford to miss! Featuring cover art from Sonic fan artist extraordinaire Drawloverlala!

Writer: SonicWindAttack
Pencils: CrimDa and Tim "J" Campbell
Inks: OohCee
Colors: Drawloverlala
Letters: Ian PK
Editor: The Shadow Imperator
Cover Artists: Drawloverlala (Pencils and Colors), elisonic12 (Inks)
StH-O Logo: DoNotDelete

(Credits are not final and are subject to change)

• Thumbs Up 9

Can't really get invested since I didn't read the pre-reboot comics, but skimming over these issues, I'm really impressed. Wish I had even half the talent to do something like this.

59 minutes ago, LargoDELLZ said:

stho_249_cover_by_theshadowimperator-dby

WOW, this cover looks IN-CRED-I-BLE, is there a raw version of this art?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Finally got around to reading the latest issue and honestly, I thought it was pretty great. I do feel there were some slight nitpicks, especially regarding the Genesis Wave (When Mega Man did a proper restoration after his wave, it faded from white) where usually while memories of the wave are wiped, lingering effects are actually still present (I.E - Mega Man, Proto Man and the Robot Masters being restored back to full working order when before, Proto Man had completely obliterated the Robot Masters and Rush),. I was half-expecting Silver to remember some small detail of what happened or Sonic referencing he felt like he just concluded some massive battle and felt drained (The Super Sonic and MM fight VS Eggman and Wily) only to chalk it up to being more exhausted than he realised with dealing with Metal Sally. I'm not sure if we're treating Worlds Collide like it isn't canon at all (Which I would dislike personally, I'd prefer just making it so Eggman didn't pull off his desperate final attack on Sonic) or it did happen but there's no reference to it.

Other than that, it was still pretty great. Didn't expect that certain robot to appear and I'm especially happy the witty comebacks between Orbot and Eggman are still in tact. Sonic finally giving Eggman some payback for Worlds Collide and 225-250 felt extremely satisfying too. 

I did have a question. Will Mina and other characters be appearing again at some point of the series? Again, a really small nitpick, but when Tails Doll was attacking Mobotropolis, I feel it might've been a good idea to place in some of the longer-standing characters who've appeared before in cameos to establish that unlike Post-Reboot Archie, they will still be here and accounted for. 

Anyway, great work to the team behind it as usual.

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Finally got around to reading the latest issue and honestly, I thought it was pretty great. I do feel there were some slight nitpicks, especially regarding the Genesis Wave (When Mega Man did a proper restoration after his wave, it faded from white) where usually while memories of the wave are wiped, lingering effects are actually still present (I.E - Mega Man, Proto Man and the Robot Masters being restored back to full working order when before, Proto Man had completely obliterated the Robot Masters and Rush),. I was half-expecting Silver to remember some small detail of what happened or Sonic referencing he felt like he just concluded some massive battle and felt drained (The Super Sonic and MM fight VS Eggman and Wily) only to chalk it up to being more exhausted than he realised with dealing with Metal Sally. I'm not sure if we're treating Worlds Collide like it isn't canon at all (Which I would dislike personally, I'd prefer just making it so Eggman didn't pull off his desperate final attack on Sonic) or it did happen but there's no reference to it.

Other than that, it was still pretty great. Didn't expect that certain robot to appear and I'm especially happy the witty comebacks between Orbot and Eggman are still in tact. Sonic finally giving Eggman some payback for Worlds Collide and 225-250 felt extremely satisfying too. 

I did have a question. Will Mina and other characters be appearing again at some point of the series? Again, a really small nitpick, but when Tails Doll was attacking Mobotropolis, I feel it might've been a good idea to place in some of the longer-standing characters who've appeared before in cameos to establish that unlike Post-Reboot Archie, they will still be here and accounted for. 

Anyway, great work to the team behind it as usual.

Worlds Collide never happened in ASO, we're picking up from Silver knocking out Mecha Sally in 247 without the Genesis Wave.  I know some people may be upset with that, but we decided it was the best way to move the story forward without editorial mandates slowing us down.  And yes, we do plan on bringing back all of the pre-SGW characters who were forced out of the official comic.  But I'm glad you enjoyed the issue for what it was, and hope you stick around for what we have in the future.

• Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, SonicWindAttack said:

Worlds Collide never happened in ASO, we're picking up from Silver knocking out Mecha Sally in 247 without the Genesis Wave.  I know some people may be upset with that, but we decided it was the best way to move the story forward without editorial mandates slowing us down.  And yes, we do plan on bringing back all of the pre-SGW characters who were forced out of the official comic.  But I'm glad you enjoyed the issue for what it was, and hope you stick around for what we have in the future.

I thought it was that the old universe was restoring itself after Eggman's interference; at least overtime, ehich could explain the characters in the Post-SGW slowly losing their old memories. Well whatever...

Anyways, I hope you do a nice job with 249 and that you stress yourself over it.

For simplicity's sake, we're picking up from 247 as though the crossover and reboot never happened. Ideas were tossed around to establish an in-universe reason, but it was ultimately deemed unnecessary and only served to muddle where we were in terms of continuity.

Besides the obvious change to the end of 247 where we're pretending the white out meant nothing and Eggman wasn't cooking up something with Wily, Endangered Species parts 2-4 are getting re-written (see the upcoming Knuckles mini-series #shamelessplug) and SU 50 is also being de-canonized, largely because we had other plans for SU 50 which for certain reasons are being changed. Endangered Species as published was just too much of a headache for our long term plans for the Knuckles material, necessitating a re-write.

For the record, I have plans for Worlds Collide. It's long term and nothing right away, but for those that enjoyed the story and wished it to remain canon - an idea is there and hopefully I'll get a chance to revisit it one day.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, GentlemanX said:

(...) and SU 50 is also being de-canonized, largely because we had other plans for SU 50 which for certain reasons are being changed.

That story too? Does that mean Metal won't be talking again? Should I forget about Nicole x Shard?

Other changes I saw coming and/or completely understand, but this one took me by surprise.

Again, we had other plans for SU 50 that are getting changed around, but the ground work had already been set for upcoming issues so "Forged in Fire" is still being de-canonized. I actually had it in tact during one of my earliest proposals, but plans changed and we couldn't get it to work. I love the story though, and you'll probably see aspects of it creep into our series proper down the line.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

On 1.1.2018 at 4:02 AM, SonicWindAttack said:

Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag now.  As the writer of this issue, I'm certainly nervous on how well I can deliver the Mecha Sally conclusion to everyone.  But I put my blood, sweat and tears into this script, and I'm hoping everyone will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.  I'm proud of the fantastic job our artists have been doing bringing this story to life, and I can't wait for you all to see it.

Don't worry, I'm pretty certain whatever you'll be thowing at me will keep me entertained. :D I really enjoyed the last one so the next one shouldn't make too different reactions if the spirit's kept about the same.

You guys have no idea how cool of a Christmas present you gave to me in form of the first ASO issue. You guys are just awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Well done to all involved, very much enjoyed the writing and the artwork. Looking forward to the next one. :), keep up the great work

Late to the party, but I was very impressed with the first issue. The Team Fighters half especially, since it often felt very much like I was reading an official Sonic comic.

That's not to say that the Team Freedom portion was bad in comparison. I thought both sides were handled well, though the slightly wonky artwork for the latter portion threw me off a little.

Nevertheless, even as someone who is more accustomed to the reboot, I'm very interested to see the future stories the team have planned, from the Mecha Sally conclusion next issue, whatever is in store for the big "milestone" issue, and beyond.

• Thumbs Up 1