Awoo.

Archie Sonic Online - Fan Made Archie Sonic Continuation - NEWEST ISSUE: Sonic The Hedgehog Online #253

Ryannumber1gamer

9 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

I miss the main series. My first comic ever was Chaos and the Crown 

Yeah it was one of the first comics i saw, i had no idea what was going on the first time i read it, then  i started to go after previous issues to understand everything,

Needless to say it paid off. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, SonicWindAttack said:

Issue 249 is complete!  Expect it to come out sometime in the next few days! 

Praise be, the series is not dead! I was fearing the worst. I wonder what took it so long?

And besides that, I can't wait to see what wonderful effort went into this issue!

• Nice Smile 1

We're stil getting used to the process of making comics and various factors have led to delays. Multiple issues are still being worked on, so rest assured we're far from dead.

• Thumbs Up 4

You bastards just had to upload it right before I was leaving for important course. (Well, thankfully there is such thing as breaks.)

Story continues going through the motions. Last issue promised fixing Sally and big battle with Metal and Emerl and it delivered. Artwork is good, especially second part (Metal looks totally badass). First part had it moments two, mostly Eggman.

But other than that?... well it's nice we're free from any mandates and Sonic can cry as much as he likes. Comic can do anything now, use obscure characters, crossover with any existing IP, look at Lara-Su Chronicles and laugh...

Overall it's a decent conclusion to long arc, but lacks any surprises. I don't blame the writers, continuiting story started by someone else must be challenging task. It's just that I'm more looking forward what Archie Online will do next, now that it's free to do what it wants.

• Nice Smile 2

I'm in the minority here but I'm not sure I feel Sonic bawling his eyes out even if it is a serious scenario. Also the last few page's (While amazingly Drawn and having the spectacular touch of being left silent) felt kinda like they were too neat and tidy. Like Sally get's Deroboticized has a brief moment of shock and is then perfectly fine. I don't know maybe next issue will delve more into it but it felt too clean cut.

Now I don't want it too seem like I hated the issue. I didn't I enjoyed it a lot. The Action was tense, the plot was really well constructed and the Character work was great. I realize the problem's I had were mostly personal things and they didn't detract from the good.

I'd give it a solid 4 out of 5.

I never did understand Naugus' mentality about possessing Geoffrey to cure himself.

• Nice Smile 1

18 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I never did understand Naugus' mentality about possessing Geoffrey to cure himself.

It's been a while since I've read that issue, but didn't he possess Geoffrey to buy himself more time to find a way to stop his constant mutations?

• Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I'm in the minority here but I'm not sure I feel Sonic bawling his eyes out even if it is a serious scenario. Also the last few page's (While amazingly Drawn and having the spectacular touch of being left silent) felt kinda like they were too neat and tidy. Like Sally get's Deroboticized has a brief moment of shock and is then perfectly fine. I don't know maybe next issue will delve more into it but it felt too clean cut.

Now I don't want it too seem like I hated the issue. I didn't I enjoyed it a lot. The Action was tense, the plot was really well constructed and the Character work was great. I realize the problem's I had were mostly personal things and they didn't detract from the good.

I'd give it a solid 4 out of 5.

I suspect she may have to go around showing the world that she's no longer a robot. I also suspect that she remembers what she did during her robotic days, and that will play on her mind for some time. A few sleepless nights are coming... 

6 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Also the last few page's (While amazingly Drawn and having the spectacular touch of being left silent) felt kinda like they were too neat and tidy. Like Sally get's Deroboticized has a brief moment of shock and is then perfectly fine. I don't know maybe next issue will delve more into it but it felt too clean cut.

Keep checking back in for new issues. *knowingsmile*

• Thumbs Up 1

Was wondering, will Issue 249 also become a video like 248 did?

2 hours ago, Gamefreak3525 said:

It's been a while since I've read that issue, but didn't he possess Geoffrey to buy himself more time to find a way to stop his constant mutations?

IIRC, yes, that was the case. The Ixis ancestors constantly battling in his mind was causing his body to mutate and deteriorate. Taking over Geoffrey was a last ditch effort to keep himself alive. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Sheesh, that was freaking awesome!

It had the tension up, as far as I'm concerned anyway, even when the end results were kind of obvious. Still, it actually felt like something. I actually felt some tension due to the pacing and such, and it was written well as far as I know anything.

Art was amazing and I didn't mind about the tears, they were actually fitting for the storyflow, and, it was in context as far as I'm concerned, Mecha-Sally was pushing Sonic's buttons during the whole thing and at the same time she was going to, well, do what she was trying to do. It was pretty emotional considering the characters aren't all-knowing meta blobs knowing everything about the fact how they're considered as characters. 

And that's something I love to see, some games are still a sore spot for me around that matter.

All the dialogue was interesting and delivered the story and right emotions and the pacing was awesome, so much stuff in so few pages, I feel the hunger for more of the story, but I do know and understand it will take its time. You're making amazing progress and that's all that matters anyway. That the stuff is awesome. So yeah, I'm not really that flat-knocked it's having a slow pace of publishing, it's a very well made fan thing after all. Really amazing. Thank you for all of this effort, I hope you can keep going on as well as you've already done.

I know the deflation of the words "amazing" and [especially] "awesome" are getting into a completely new level, so I'll change the language to French for getting more adjectives;

Fantastique! Magnifique! Meilleur que juste très bonne!

And now that I'm on the topic, it was awesome to see Antoine cameo, even when it was about that darn thing, gee Eggman's one psycho bastard, trying to torture others by harming their friends like that, blowing robots on their faces and turning them into robots, freaking psycho...

I'll never forgive that bloody bastard nowt will make me change me mind.

All in all, it was entertaining, and most importantly, interesting.

Something Sonic's been lacking in my eyes since from the sad death of Archie Sonic.

Actually...

Spoiler

... were there parts of foreshadowing some Neo Metal Sonic in the future or what? Like that data-copying of possessed Geoffrey and what Eggman said about free will and how it was questioned whether or not Metal would rebel with something like that?

At least some of the lines give me that sort of vibes... or does this go under that oh-so-lovable smiling style one Sonic writer has established well enough by now for others starting to use it as well?

But yeah, thanks again for all of the effort! For all of the creators and all of people part of making this possible! Awesome!

Just plain amazing!

Stocks are running low today! 😃

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

That was really good! And I mean, with wonderful art, great writing all around, everyone in-character, great expressions, nice story conclusion and perfect timing! I thought it kept track of continuity really well, plus giving us elements from the games like Amy, Silver, Metal Sonic and Emerl, focus on them, and obviously focus on the couple Sonally. It's a good conclusion (finally!) to the Mecha Sally arc. I also liked the cameo of the Secret Freedom Fighters. 

Now I wonder where the story will go from here...

One thing I disliked is how Sally is basically back to normal... 100%, I was hoping she would get the reboot redesign, that was awesome, and I'm sad she's now the same as in the original timeline, which I guess it's why you made this decision to keep her with this design, it's not supposed to be the reboot version, even though originally she was planned to get that redesign anyway, even without reboot. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

I'd rather keep the old design because the new one, despite its original pre-reboot intentions, is far too closely associated with the reboot, and it kinda wouldn't be fair for her to get the redesign while nobody else does. Plus, I still like her old look just fine.

• Nice Smile 2

21 minutes ago, Sean said:

I'd rather keep the old design because the new one, despite its original pre-reboot intentions, is far too closely associated with the reboot, and it kinda wouldn't be fair for her to get the redesign while nobody else does. Plus, I still like her old look just fine.

Weren't all the other Freedom Fighters on their way to their reboot designs anyway? Antoine's recovering from a face explosion and his jacket is destroyed, Rotor's getting into fighting again and maybe even in-shape, Bunnie got new cybernetics..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 8/24/2018 at 12:09 PM, GentlemanX said:

We're stil getting used to the process of making comics and various factors have led to delays. Multiple issues are still being worked on, so rest assured we're far from dead.

Not to worry. This was announced not too long ago and by putting a single issue out you've already done more and proven to be more organized than Ken Penders, a guy who was allowed to work on the official comic for years. You're fine.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 6

On 8/25/2018 at 5:04 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Was wondering, will Issue 249 also become a video like 248 did?

Yes, a video version of 249, as well as all subsequent issues, is planned.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!  I know it's been a while since the last update, especially for anything besides the main StH-O series.  But to show progress is being made, we have some pencil previews for our other stories!  The first is from Knuckles Endangered Species #1, and the second is from Sonic Universe Online #51, the beginning of the Bunnie arc!

tumblr_pgx739bzhv1ugzrvqo1_540.png

tumblr_pgpw0n3JJ41ugzrvqo1_540.png

• Thumbs Up 8

• 2 months later...

Sorry to triple post, but we have something special to show off!  Sonic the Hedgehog Online #250 will have multiple variant covers, and here we have the first among them.  Madam Monochrom from Tumblr generously offered to make a variant cover for us, and this the result!

cover_f_by_ianpk_dchzuim-pre.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1