Awoo.

*(What If Sonic Remained In A Band?)*

Chris Knopps

Basically giving Sonic a "real-life job" in the form of having a band would be interesting, a bit like superheroes having a day job, but without any secret identity. But even though I like that in superheroes, I don't think I'd dig that in Sonic. To me, it feels like his character should be more whimsical and not cluttered with details like that, if that makes sense. I like how simple and straightforward, yet engaging Sonic is - it seems to work well for a video game mascot. I feel he should just be all about fighting Eggman and saving the world and running and stuff, I guess :P

The other problem is that I feel like it's rather stereotypical, like, all cool dudes have to have rock bands, right?

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Basically giving Sonic a "real-life job" in the form of having a band would be interesting, a bit like superheroes having a day job, but without any secret identity. But even though I like that in superheroes, I don't think I'd dig that in Sonic. To me, it feels like his character should be more whimsical and not cluttered with details like that, if that makes sense. I like how simple and straightforward, yet engaging Sonic is - it seems to work well for a video game mascot. I feel he should just be all about fighting Eggman and saving the world and running and stuff, I guess :P

The other problem is that I feel like it's rather stereotypical, like, all cool dudes have to have rock bands, right?

Gotta admit, Sonic was born for a guitar.

I think it wouldn't be an good idea to be honest. Sonic's entire personality is based on him being a free spirit and an adventurer. He doesn't get tied down with real life jobs or such, he goes where he wants to go and when he wants to do it. On top of that, Underground tried to run with that idea while keeping the story at the time in check and sort of just turned it into a really cheesy series in general, that I honestly can't even get through without cringing at some of the things (Sonia's voice is like nails on a chalkboard). It could be an interesting twist if he had a real job, but I always assumed that he sort of just went by from reward money for stopping Eggman's antics, and usually ended up just crashing at Tails' place when he needed a rest from adventuring.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I think it wouldn't be an good idea to be honest. Sonic's entire personality is based on him being a free spirit and an adventurer. He doesn't get tied down with real life jobs or such, he goes where he wants to go and when he wants to do it. On top of that, Underground tried to run with that idea while keeping the story at the time in check and sort of just turned it into a really cheesy series in general, that I honestly can't even get through without cringing at some of the things (Sonia's voice is like nails on a chalkboard). It could be an interesting twist if he had a real job, but I always assumed that he sort of just went by from reward money for stopping Eggman's antics, and usually ended up just crashing at Tails' place when he needed a rest from adventuring.

Technically Sonic should have his own place somewhere since you have to think about WHERE he stored his biplane before meeting Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see how Sonic's freedom clashes with being in a rock band. For a 15 year old rebellious teenager, wanting to form a rock band is right up his ally. I personally believe that he and Vector tried to form a band at some point before Sonic 1, but it just didn't work out or didn't last for whatever reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

hmm what if Sonic stayed with a band?  like this?  *p*

i__m_in_the_band_by_joeadok-d4crto2.pngPicture by JoeAdok

well.. XD i think it would have been nice anyway.. knowing how lucky Sonic's franchise has been with the soundtracks and music... it possibly would have left us with many good songs and music if the franchise had Sonic with a Band as a main feature in its early days.. 

maybe the plot wouldn't have bee so different.. but i guess the music would have been nice, or nicer anyways!

• Thumbs Up 1