Sean

Sonic Robo Blast 2

A running start would be necessary, though - I've stupidly died a few times trying to fly over it. It's actually not hard with Sonic at all, there are like only two really tiny platforms you have to worry about and once you make a 180 degree turn, the other small platforms are easy to land on 'cause they're so wide. Unlike in MM2, they aren't prone to appearing behind you or in quick succession, either.

ARGH. Got my first DRZ2 crash after a good 5 or so flawless runs. Obviously it's the one where I'm doing kinda good.

I finally got round to trying out traditional FPS keyboard + mouse controls. It can get a little confusing with Tails' flying, but damn it's so much easier and smoother to play.

You can change the control to your liking via the options screen. Once you set them to what you prefer, the game is awesome. There are a ton of levels to play and mods to download. There is also multiplayer which ranges from Deathmatch to beating the game with other players. While there are only 3 characters to play as, tons are available off the forums to download.

Overall, I would check it out. The game is also getting an update in the near future which should add quite a lot. Graphic changes, emblem system overall, and some level changes are sure to put a spark back into the game.

Oooooooooh boy, and I thought disappearing blocks in Mega Man were evil enough, disappearing blocks in Sonic would be HELL.

Retroactively funny.

Using the Doom engine does this game no favors. A Sonic game in an engine that precludes support for real sloped surfaces, where objects can only be sprites in a 3D (ish) world?

I hate this game. It's amazing as a fan project, but it's simply an abomination. The visuals and illusion of 3D is hideous, the game handles worse than any Sonic game ever, the music is... meh. The platforming and level design is laughably bad, and the bosses, gameplay and everything else sucks. Online play is its only saving grace.

Again though, it's amazing as a fan game, and I couldn't exactly do any better.

It's decent. It has aged pretty horribly. There hasn't been any new content (Excluding wads) for what? 3-4 years? It's decent for a fan game, but far from amazing. The online mode is pretty damn fun though.