Awoo.

David Bowie Dies at 69

Tara

It has been confirmed that influential rock and pop artist, David Bowie, has passed away age 69 from cancer.  I try not to make it a habit of making a topic every time a celebrity dies, but god.  This one REALLY tears me apart.  I love me some David Bowie.  His influential music, his androgyny, and just all around entertaining stage presence is such a huge inspiration for me.  He will be missed.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/david-bowie-dead-legendary-artist-854364

• Thumbs Up 1

Like I said in the statuses, I'm not all to familiar with his work or the person himself. With that said, my Twitter and some of you here clearly hold his work dearly. That, and he died from the same thing my grandfather (RIP) succumbed to last September, so I definitely feel for his family, loved ones and friends.

I'd seen the advert for his new album and thought "He doesn't look well at all." Now that's confirmed :-( I'm so sorry David Bowie, my Mum will be very upset. Your up with your friend Freddie Mercury now.

I love Mr Bowie, he always seemed to have his stuff together and his songs were great, you have no idea how sad I was.

I thought I was still in a awful nightmare when I saw this topic, but sadly, it's worse than a nightmare, because a nightmare is just a concept at the end of the day, this is reality.

R.I.P David, I will never forget you.

OGXjRDn.gif

I can't say he was my favorite artist ever (he might be if I listened to him more), but I still held tons of respect for him for being able to constantly reinvent himself and make good music every time. A true genius, I'm at least glad that he lived this long but it's still too early. RIP.

7Bni6MN.jpg

Ziggy played guitar...

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm a pretty casual fan of his. This news really threw me off last night. I hope his family is okay. 18 months is a long time to be battling cancer, and I know the grieving process is a lot different when you're aware of what's going on. This is allegedly the last picture taken of him, on January 8th.CYdZHyuVAAAokvL.jpg

I don't know much about David Bowie in general, but I know he was an absolute legend. And if that tells me anything, his pass will tear everyone up. I hear so much about his music, how great he is, etc etc... And soon enough, I'd start to feel like we lost something big.

I've heard rumors that he'd collaborate with Damon Albarn for a new Gorillaz album, but if this news is anything, we may not quite get it. Two big England artists making a great song together, just imagine it!

But in the end, it comes down to three simple words.

R.I.P David Bowie

I'm not a big fan of David Bowie, but I knew who he was and how much of an impact he made on music. I was upset to hear he had passed away yesterday...it's going to be another Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston situation where you forget for a moment they're gone and then it hits you. .__. Rest in Peace.