Awoo.

The SSMB 100

Patticus

Anyways, Darn. I voted for Worms Armageddon (You worms 2 people really should've voted for this one, then the franchise would've been better placed. XD) and for Civvie 4. Civ is one of those games I can play for hours, it's so addictive!

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyways, Darn. I voted for Worms Armageddon (You worms 2 people really should've voted for this one, then the franchise would've been better placed. XD) and for Civvie 4. Civ is one of those games I can play for hours, it's so addictive!

I've never played Armageddon, it never appealed to me, it just looked too much like Worms 2 so I avoided it.

• Thumbs Up 1

It took out all the useless weapons, added online multiplayer and had a killer single-player campaign. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Games games games

We like games with karts

Games games games

Kill undead for hours

Games games games

With Wiimotes and DLC

Games games games

We love them!

We love them!

The SSMB 100

JOINT 69TH THRU 61ST

• 69 | 09 pts | Beyond Good & Evil
  • 69 | 09 pts | Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
  • 68 | 09 pts | StarFox 64
  • 66 | 10 pts | Deus Ex
  • 66 | 10 pts | Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • 64 | 10 pts | Mario Kart 64
  • 64 | 10 pts | New Super Mario Bros.
  • 63 | 10 pts | Diablo 2
  • 62 | 10 pts | Left 4 Dead
  • 61 | 11 pts | Banjo-Tooie

ssmb6961.jpg

Tomorrow: 56-51

Truly this is fast becoming a battle royale of the mightiest gaming heavyweights, where legends are crushed and remade like cars being recycled.

• Thumbs Up 1

TaT was the only game on this section of the list to appear in my list, moderately high up. It's a great conclusion to Phoenix's part of the series, although parts of the last case grated a little bit. And I really don't see what people get from Diablo, it looks really samey.

• Thumbs Up 1

Banjo-Tooie? Meh.

New Super Mario Bros.? Disgusting.

I didn't vote for StarFox 64, but it's a good game to make it on the list.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hooray! MarioKart 64! Now there's a game I voted for! Probably the best MarioKart game out there. =D

Also, props to the people who voted for Banjo Tooie. Not as good as the first, but still pretty damn good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trials and Tribulations was my #10. Other than Banjo-Tooie (eew), I have no comment on most of these. They seem to have placed about right.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trials and Tribulations, like Metroid Fusion, was on my list but not too high. Love that game ^^

Also played all those games except BG&E, Diablo II and Deus Ex.

• Thumbs Up 1

And I really don't see what people get from Diablo, it looks really samey.

The insanely addicting and ridiculously massive fun of excellently made combat combined with the great talent tree system and the wonderful promise of always having a chance finding something even better to wear and use against the demons behind the corner. Add great story with fantastic acting (together with a wonderfully lore-filled manual), and the idea that no playthrough is exactly the same because of randomly generated levels and creature encounters (outside some special areas and monsters). And then there's the multiplayer for all those who enjoy it.

Essentially, a shiningly perfect example of how to make a hack n slash game.

Diablo 2 is fantastic, the expansion makes it one of the best games ever. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought so.

Also voted for L4D (recent as it may be, its impact as a co-op game is so great that it's the greatest online game I've ever played), Beyond Good & Evil (the sheer wonder of the atmosphere and brilliant world design makes it a truly standout adventure) and Deus Ex (in my books the third or fourth best game ever. 'nuff said).

Edited by Flint
  • Thumbs Up 1

Voted for Pheonix Wright :)

Also, New Super Mario Bros (beside the awful name) is heavily overrated. I finished the main game in, like, a week

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, New Super Mario Bros (beside the awful name) is heavily overrated. I finished the main game in, like, a week

I always thought the disappointment was pretty universal :(

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Voted for Pheonix Wright :)

A WEEK? A week is a long time. I was expecting you to say 3 days. I loved it. Had fun with it, which is why I voted for it. That's the only game on today's list I've voted for.

Oh and Mario Kart 64 is better than the original Mario Kart???!!! Blasphemy!

• Thumbs Up 1

I also voted for NSMB. It's a great game. There are a million fantastic games out there that could be considered crap for being short.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always thought the disappointment was pretty universal :(

How was New Super Mario Bros. a disappointment? I can't think of anything to complain about except how easy it was (and doesn't it have roughly the same number of levels as the original Super Mario Bros., and yet nobody critises that for being short.)

And the list looks really good so far, a couple of game I voted for have already appeared, so I'm looking forward to whats still to be seen.

• Thumbs Up 1

and yet nobody critises that for being short.

Yeah, because NSMB was released 20 years later. We have far higher expectations, and games should be getting better, not staying the same.

Infact, NSMB was released 10 years after SMW, which is much longer.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

NSMB was intended as a simplistic return to Mario's roots in order to appeal to adults who will have had a NES or SNES with Mario in their youth, but not much else since. A more complex game could've been off-putting for the audience Nintendo was aiming it at. As it stands, the game was bought and enjoyed by well over 5 million people across the globe, and that's sort of reflected by the number of votes and points it garnered here. If you can't deal with that, you're treating this event far too seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not a big deal since I love NSMB anyway. I just can't see the quality of NSMB being compared with that of games like SMB3 and SMW.

Which will likely beat it anyway. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

They only want you when you're triple-A,

When you're not that great,

They just hate.

They read a 'good' review and let you go,

Say they'll let you know,

So come on.

The SSMB 100

JOINT 56TH THRU JOINT 51ST

• 56 | 11 pts | Megaman ZX Advent
  • 56 | 11 pts | Pokemon (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
  • 56 | 11 pts | Kingdom Hearts II
  • 56 | 11 pts | Halo 3
  • 56 | 11 pts | Halo
  • 55 | 11 pts | Street Fighter II
  • 54 | 11 pts | Sonic Advance
  • 53 | 11 pts | Starcraft
  • 51 | 12 pts | Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  • 51 | 12 pts | The Legend of Zelda

ssmb5651.jpg

Tomorrow: 50-41

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol, played all of those except StarCraft and MGS4 (the latter of which I REALLY WANT TO play)

Voted for Pok

Wow, I'm really surprised Pokemon R/S/E made it this far. Also for once theres more than one of my games in this list. Yay

• Thumbs Up 1