Awoo.

The SSMB 100

Patticus

Screw popularity (except when it comes to MM2 Wily's Castle, its popularity made me hate it), when a quality game is deserving of my attention, I'm going to give it to it, whether it has a million fanboys or only six other fans in the entire world.

More (not less) people need to enjoy games that are good! I will spread Disgaeaism to all!

Yet i'll bet half the voters put it at the top because it was so popular. :\

You know what should have been first?

Sonic '06.

run away!

But really, couden't you people think of ANYTHING better?

fucking sky sancuary, angel island, death egg, sandopolis, and MOTHERFUCKINGLAUNCHBASE.

And everyone thinks MJ did the soundtrack, even though he was fired before he finished and they made a NEW soundtrack. I'll bet that's why half of you voted for it.

bitchedybitchbitch.

• Thumbs Up 1

More (not less) people need to enjoy games that are good! I will spread Disgaeaism and Personaism to all!

I'll do my best to do likewise for Golden Sun :(

And the Tales series I guess!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ahha! Thanks to the wonders that is the PM system....

Here is my list!

I voted based on how much fun each title game me, and how often I replayed it.

1: Little Big Planet.

2: Terminator Skynet

3: Diskworld 2: Missing presumed. (PC VERSION!)

4: Roller Coaster Tycoon (the very first one without any expansion packs, PC Version)

5: Resistance: Fall of Man.

6: Star Trek Bridge Commander (The game alone is brilliant... but the modding community... wow...)

7: The War of the Worlds (PC Version)

8: Command and Conquer (Tiberium Universe)

9: Command and Conquer (Red Alert Universe) (I seperated them because they play quite differently these days, especially each ones 3rd chapter).

10: Streets of Rage 2 (Mega Drive version)

11: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

12: Red Faction (I've got number 3 today... who knows if this shall replace my present favourite?)

13: SplatterHouse 2 (mega drive)

14: Final Fantasy 10 (sorry but based on my own rules it goes here)

15: Singstar (PS3 Version)

16: Valkyria Chronicles (This would be higher... but I've not played it enough to justify that claim).

17: Time Crisis.

18: Worms 2 (PC Version) (what can I say, I loved that level creator)

19: Civilisation 4.

20: Spiderman and Venon: Maximum Carnage.

21: Resident Evil 4 (It had to go in, replayed it too many times for it not to go in).

22: Batman (Mega CD, (Specifically, the driving game).

23: Fallout 3

24: Pass

25: pass

• Thumbs Up 1

Posting lists? Here's mine - six of them (in italics) didn't make it, the most disappointing of which was Ico - I thought it was the most likely to make it. I thought Sonic & Knuckles would make it also, but I guess more people voted them as one game.

I voted according to how fun the games were, how memorable, and if they changed the way I thought about games.

1. Metal Gear Solid.

2. Sonic & Knuckles.

3. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.

4. Super Mario World.

5. Sonic the Hedgehog. [Original 16-bit]

6. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

7. Phantasy Star IV.

8. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.

9. Shadow of the Colossus.

10. Pokemon R/B/Y/FR/LG. [1st Generation]

11. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. [aka - SMT 3]

12. Super Mario 64.

13. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

14. Sonic the Hedgehog CD.

15. Civilization IV.

16. Ico.

17. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

18. Super Mario Bros.

19. Starfox 64.

20. Guilty Gear X2. [aka - Guilty Gear XX]

21. Starcraft.

22. Silent Hill 2.

23. Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

24. Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

25. Thief: The Dark Project.

Actually, did the original Super Mario Bros. make it on the list? I don't remember seeing it. If that's the case, then seven didn't make it. Also, the Thief series saw the list. I didn't vote for Thief 3 because I only played the first two. If the third is well loved, then I'm glad to see it there. Original FPSes need recognition. And if you haven't played anything Jedi Knight and like lightsabers, pick that up.

Edited by Badnikz
  • Thumbs Up 1

But really, couden't you people think of ANYTHING better?

fucking sky sancuary, angel island, death egg, sandopolis, and MOTHERFUCKINGLAUNCHBASE.

Two really good games smooshed together to form one ubergame? Sounds good to me.

And everyone thinks MJ did the soundtrack, even though he was fired before he finished and they made a NEW soundtrack. I'll bet that's why half of you voted for it.

He might have been dropped by Sega to avoid any associations with potential paedophilia, but that doesn't mean his influence wasn't heavily present throughout the game's soundtrack. There are YouTube videos demonstrating the many similarities between tracks in the game and Michael Jackson's portfolio, so it's obvious that even without his direct involvement the game's music was very much modelled on his own. Nothing wrong with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

1. Half Life 2 (PC)

2. Halo 3 (360)

3. Portal (PC/360)

4. Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (MD)

5. Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)

6. Tetris (Multi)

7. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)

8. Team Fortress 2 (PC/360)

9. Gen 2 Pokemon (GB)

10. Halo 1 (XBOX)

11. Saints Row 2 (360)

12. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)

13. Ranger X (MD)

14. Left 4 Dead (PC/360)

15. ChromeHounds (360)

16. Soul Calibur 2 (XBOX)

17. Halo (XBOX)

18. Metal Gear Solid (PS)

19. Space Invaders (TT)

20. Command & Conquer 3 (PC/360)

21. Guitar Hero 3 (360)

22. Counter Srike:Source (PC)

23. Warhammer 40K Dawn of War

24. Call of Duty:World at War (360)

25. Crash Team Racing (PS)

15/25 and all my top 10 made it in, I'm happy with that. It turned out better than I thought. Allthough I bet I was the only one to choose Ranger X.

• Thumbs Up 1

My list. You know, I coulda swore I had voted for Deus Ex and Arcanum, but apparently not. Not really surprised except that Morrowind made it into the top 50-- e-high five to all of you who voted for it. A lot of my games were PC exclusives and western RPGs since I'm not much of a console gamer or jRPG fan so I didn't expect to see very many of them make the list anyway.

I'm disappointed by the lack of Daggerfall. You all oughta at least try it for a taste of one of the most complex computer RPGs made, it's free and runs on just about any computer.

1. The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall

2. The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind -- #49

3. Gothic 3

4. Two Worlds

5. The Lord of the Rings Online

6. Thief: Deadly Shadows -- #97

7. Gothic

8. Gothic 2

9. Baldur's Gate 2 -- #76

10. Baldur's Gate

11. Icewind Dale 2

12. Icewind Dale

13. Diablo 2 -- #64

14. Neverwinter Nights

15. Warcraft 3 -- #72

16. Neverwinter Nights 2

17. Arx Fatalis

18. The Elder Scrolls: Arena

19. Heretic

20. Hexen

21. Crysis

22. Unreal Tournament 3

23. Unreal

24. Starcraft -- #54

25. The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion -- #72

Yeah, no Sonic games. I'm a terrible person, etc. ^_^

Edited by Cipher
  • Thumbs Up 1

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Am I the only one here who hates how much everyone loves Sonic 3&K to death? I mean, other than the save system and graphic quality (not even very good sprites. Sonic is way too... plush looking. And they reused Tails' sprites.) it tottally sucked.

Yet i'll bet half the voters put it at the top because it was so popular. :\

You're a bad person and you should feel bad because of the way your twisted mind works. Why do you think it's popular? could it be because the game is FUCKING AWESOME.

Also Badnikz, I like your list.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who finds surprising only SRA made the top 100?

I find the first Rush a lot better in so many aspects.

• Thumbs Up 1

I personally hated Rush, along with Advance 2 and 3 - SRA on the other hand is an excellent game for having very fun levels, creative level design (seriously, it's great to have a final level that isn't the generic mechanical base or air fortress for once), and great vehicle mini-games, except for the submarine one, which is basically Sonic Chronicles's predecessor and is annoying to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

I personally hated Rush, along with Advance 2 and 3 - SRA on the other hand is an excellent game for having very fun levels, creative level design (seriously, it's great to have a final level that isn't the generic mechanical base or air fortress for once), and great vehicle mini-games, except for the submarine one, which is basically Sonic Chronicles's predecessor and is annoying to do.

I guess that's why didn't like it as much. I was never a fan of the whole pirate theme. I always loved Sonic for its Final Zones located somewhere on Space.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, if I had voted for a Sonic game it would've been Rush Adventure if nothing more than for the fact Sky Babylon was the most awesome stage in any Sonic game I've ever played.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, we're posting our lists are we? May as well post mine. I mostly ranked mine on personal opinion of how much fun they are to me, so you might think there are some questionable choices there, but it's my list so blah. XP The list is also changing all the time, especially the lower ones, so this may not be the right list now, but it was then.

So, without further ado, list! Bolded are ones that made the 100.

1. Sonic 3 and Knuckles (Mega Drive)

2. Twinklestar Sprites (Neo Geo)

3. Pokemon Gen 2 (Game Boy)

4. Puzzle Bobble (Arcade/Neo Geo)

5. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64)

6. Mariokart 64 (N64)

7. Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (PC)

8. Snowboard Kids (N64)

9. Super Mario Bros (NES)

10. Dance Dance Revolution Supernova 2 (Arcade)

11. Super Smash Bros Melee (GameCube)

12. Yoshi's Story (N64)

13. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Arcade)

14. Bejeweled (PC)

15. Commander Keen in Aliens Ate My Babysitter! (DOS)

16. Tetris

17. Space Channel 5 (Dreamcast)

18. Ristar (Mega Drive)

19. Spyro the Dragon (PS1)

20. Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Game Boy)

21. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

22. Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire (Game Boy Advance)

23. Guitar Hero: World Tour (Various)

24. Mario's Super Picross (SNES)

25. Point Blank 2 (Arcade)

I'm surprised how many of mine didn't make it. Less than half! Well, that's just how I roll. ;P

• Thumbs Up 1

Ashurbanipal, can you slap me that list of mine through PM as well. I never saved it and I might as well join the fad of c/ping everything.

It's... curious to see No One Lives Forever and Arcanum in the specifically mentioned trashpile section. Mainly just wondering if only my votes managed to get them high enough to ensure special mention or if there's another person here with a great taste.

As for top 10, surprised to see two pok

• Thumbs Up 1

Ashurbanipal, can you slap me that list of mine through PM as well. I never saved it and I might as well join the fad of c/ping everything.

Will do!

It's... curious to see No One Lives Forever and Arcanum in the specifically mentioned trashpile section. Mainly just wondering if only my votes managed to get them high enough to ensure special mention or if there's another person here with a great taste.

There was no real reason for their being there other than that they're interesting and highly rated games that didn't make it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Same, never saved mine

Surprised to see Pokemon 4th Gen on there, thought most people weren't too fond of it. I never played enough to comment, pleased to see 2nd Gen

EDIT:

I could only do a top 10

1. Rayman 2

2. Sonic Adventure

3. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

4. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time

5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

6. Ecco the Dolphin

7. Tales of Symphonia

8. Wario Land II

9. Worms World Party

10. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Really shocked and appalled Ecco didn't make the top 100, considering how the majority of people here owned a Mega Drive and it was one of its most popular games. Shame on you

What position did it come in

Edited by TitanFifty
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank God, I thought I was the only one who didn't save their lists, Ashy baby you couldn't send mines as well could you?

EDIT: Thanks.

1. Banjo Kazooie

2. The Elder Scrolls IV

3. Grand Theft Auto IV

4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

5. Fable

6. Spider-Man (Playstation)

7. Monster Rancher (Playstation)

8. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

9. Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2

10: Bloody Roar 2

11: Zelda: The Minish Cap

12: Crash Bandicoot 2: The Wrath of Cortex

13: Ristar

14: Sonic the Hedgehog 3&Knuckles

15: Half-Life

16: Half-Life 2

17: Portal

18: Shenmue II

19: Assassins Creed

20: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

21: Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

22: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

23: Dead Rising

24: Left4Dead

25: Sudeki

So yeah, I have a pretty fine tatse in Games haha!

Edited by The Conductor
  • Thumbs Up 1

Still don't see anyone else who voted Golden Sun T-T

Also Ricky's list is awesome because he put Pok

• Thumbs Up 1

Still don't see anyone else who voted Golden Sun T-T

Also Ricky's list is awesome because he put Pok

• Thumbs Up 1

Golden Sun isn't bad but it's kind of average as far as JRPGS go.

That's just the thing, to myself and most of the people I know who've played it, something about it makes it far above average (probably the puzzles and magic system).

Golden Sun DS is the reason Nintendo won E3. For the people who haven't played/don't like it, I can understand perfectly why they thought Nintendo's performance wasn't so great.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow, votes for Discworld games? Fair play guys! I only ever had a demo of Missing Presumed but I liked it, and Discword Noir wasn't too great, but I'm liking the support for adventure games! Now if only one of you had voted for a Monkey Island :(

Also, amazed to see someone put Solstice on their list. That game beat the hell out of me as a kid, even with the cheat codes I royally sucked at it. But yay for the nostalgia you just gave me!

My list:

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 #12

2. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck

Edited by Covskin
  • Thumbs Up 1