Awoo.

The SSMB 100

Patticus

haha, I thought that we were sending in a top 100. XD That should make things a lot easier.

Edit: Quick question, would Commander Keen entries be ordered by the story arcs, or by his series? I'm asking because episodes 4 and 5 (Subtitled 'Goodbye Galaxy') are basically two halves of the story, and were sold together.

Edited by ButterGerk
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know. How would other people like that series to be counted?

Games with expansions all go under the umbrella of the original game name, maybe Keen should simply be under the one name.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, the first three games, and the goodbye galaxy games look a lot different. There was a BIG change in graphical capabilities, and they play differently. I would say that's enough. Not only that but most people played the later games.

Compare This: commander-keen.jpg

to this Commander_keen4.gif

Edited by ButterGerk
  • Thumbs Up 1

I decree that Commander Keen shall be counted thusly now and hereafter:

Commander Keen in Invasion of the Vorticons (This covers episodes 1, 2 and 3)

Keen Dreams (This covers episode 3.5)

Commander Keen in Goodbye, Galaxy! (This covers episodes 4 and 5)

Commander Keen in Aliens Ate My Babysitter! (This covers episode 6)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hooray. :)

I'm nearly there with my entry, just got a few more to place on the list. I have a suggestion though, can we have a topic in the VG Discussion to post our lists to the public when the results have been calculated? (With the proviso that we have to wite a couple of sentences/a paragraph to describe why the game was put where it is).

Edited by ButterGerk
  • Thumbs Up 1

No way could I do a top 25. Is a top 10 acceptable?

• Thumbs Up 1

No way could I do a top 25. Is a top 10 acceptable?

Sure is.

For clarification:

Smash Bros. games are counted separately.

Non-main series Pokemon (Mystery Dungeon etc) are counted separately but I might just lump Time/Darkness together to make my job easier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Done mine. Was thinking of putting ET for the Atari at number one for shits and giggles

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy hell that was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

I learned some things though. Apparently I'm a platformer and RPG lover, with a classic Sega fetish. The only shooters or fighters on my list are the wacky or clever ones. Next gen games like Bioshock and Fallout 3, or certain Nintendo games like the best Metroids weren't even considered, because I never played them. I hope it shakes up the ballot a bit, but I seriously doubt it.

I made a top 50 in order to do this, but I'll only send 25. It'll be in the mail, Ashur. ;)

EDIT - Sent.

Edited by Badnikz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice lists so far fellas! 169 unique titles submitted thus far. Isn't it exciting?! I wonder who'll win!

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice lists so far fellas! 169 unique titles submitted thus far. Isn't it exciting?! I wonder who'll win!

Michael Jacksons Moonwalker of course!

This sounds interesting indeed, I shall scribe my list asap, and it'll include some... gasp... PC games! That are not the Sims or Half bloomin' life.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sent mine in. I had a total of 75 games to choose from. The hard part was cutting out 50 of those. At first it was cake, eliminating games that would NEVER be on a top 100 list, like WarioWare Touched and Spyro: Season of Ice. But that quckly changed when I had to cut off Yoshi's Story, Aerofighters Assault, and uh, a few other N64 games. At that point, I didn't want to do this list anymore. But I got over it, and proceeded over to the ranking process, which wasn't too special. And that's about it.

Hint: Pokemon Gen II isn't on there. *banned*

• Thumbs Up 1

Depending on the number of votes I receive by the end of the voting period I shall be entering the Top 10, 5 or 3 titles in the vote into a Hall Of Fame. Future SSMB 100s will see other games placed alongside them, and it might make it more interesting if H.O.F. titles are also prohibited from entering future events in the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

This sounds interesting indeed, I shall scribe my list asap, and it'll include some... gasp... PC games! That are not the Sims or Half bloomin' life.

Will one of them be Solitare? :P

But just out of wondering, when the results are posted will we get to see who voted for which game (if this isn't an anonymous poll?) or what games didn't make it into the top 100?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hint: Pokemon Gen II isn't on there. *banned*

Thank god I'm not the only one who didnt put that. *Banned as well*

• Thumbs Up 1

Nobody will know who voted for what, and I am hestitant to post how many points each game got. We'll see.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Rayman 2 doesn't make the final cut, shit's gonna get real

We should do other top lists, like films, albums, Italian restaurants, etc

• Thumbs Up 1

That was my intention, but this event is just to gauge how the forum reacts. The more people participate, the more variety of future events there shall be! Films, TV shows, albums, singles, music videos, books, sports, cars, there's a lot we can cover, and if interest is high enough we could delve into individual genres (comedy, sci-fi, drama etc). They won't all be Top 100s though, obviously we'll scale back depending on the size of interest or the genre.

• Thumbs Up 1

What about the Bust-a-move/Puzzle Bobble games? Are they each counted as one? Same goes for Bomberman, which many of it's games are pretty similar.

Edit: Oh, and Arkanoid/Breakout/Blast Thru/Win Brick/etc. They're all the same game, but have been called differently with each new release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkanoid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakout_clones

Edited by Emerl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nobody will know who voted for what

Unless we want to reveal it ourselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unless we want to reveal it ourselves.

You can do that if you'd like once the lists have been unveiled, but not until! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Wouldn't be too successful though. We are on a video game forum, therefore everyone can easily participate in this and thus you get loads of replies to this. On the other hand, every single other hobby will be pretty much a niche thing of various sizes.

(plus SSMB's music list would be so depressing :( )

Edited by Flint
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm all for a top 100 of masturbation techniques.

Now seriously. I shall do my top 25 tomorrow, since I actually have the time to do it then.

• Thumbs Up 1