Awoo.

The SSMB 100

Patticus

I guess you chose 96 'cos it was midway between 92 and 100?

When there are multiple titles with the same number of points and votes, they sit at the same ranking position, which is determined by the first position after the last one recorded. So say there are four games sitting at 92nd, I count an invisible 92nd, 93rd, 94th and 95th for those 4 games, but they sit at 92nd jointly. The next games up carry one from where they left off, at 96th, which is what happened here. It's inconvenient but gets the job done.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... how many votes did they all get then? 7 each or... less?

Wasn't each game given points based on where they were on each indivdual list, meaning it's not so much how many votes, instead it's how many votes and how highly it was voted in each list.

• Thumbs Up 1

No game in the top hundred has received any less than two votes. Positioning was based primarily on point acquisition and refined through the number of votes each title got, so a game with 9 points and 3 votes would be placed more highly than one with 9 points and 2 votes, though both would be fairly close together anyhow.

• Thumbs Up 1

No game in the top hundred has received any less than two votes. Positioning was based primarily on point acquisition and refined through the number of votes each title got, so a game with 9 points and 3 votes would be placed more highly than one with 9 points and 2 votes, though both would be fairly close together anyhow.

Oh... Terminator Skynet (my number 2 choice)... didn't make it did it... sigh...

Whoever else voted Resistance Fall of Man has very good taste indeed!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh... Terminator Skynet (my number 2 choice)... didn't make it did it... sigh...

252 games didn't make it, man, a lot of favourites fell for lack of votes. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

...Jake? search.gif

Lawl, I can't even remember which Mega Man games I voted for, but I'm pretty sure they were restricted to just MM5 and MM8.

• Thumbs Up 1

Assuming I'm not misreading the explanation of the results released today, that means that someone else voted for the game that topped my list.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also who else voted for Megaman 9 because they are awesome.

That was me :D

But so far thats the only game that was on my list that appeared.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 games from my list at #96, haha. I'm way out of touch with the rest of the board. :S

So far so good though. Be interesting to see how we go from here.

• Thumbs Up 1

... wiped from the listings through accidental button mis-pressings (one had 5 points and 1 vote, the other 6 points and 2 votes, neither close to the top hundred).

Ha ha ha. It didn't happen to be my second place voting of Baldur's Gate II did it? I know not many here have played it. :P

But otherwise, schweet last placers.

I voted Guilty Gear XX #20 on my list. I also voted a Thief game at #25, but it wasn't this one. Good to see them up there though.

Edited by Badnikz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ha ha ha. It didn't happen to be my second place voting of Baldur's Gate II did it? I know not many here have played it. :P

Nope, just checked, that game's still there.

Next lot of results at midnight tonight (or whenever I go to bed).

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a surprising dearth of racing games in the top hundred games. Less than a handful made it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Voted for none of those but glad to see Thief made it.

Also obviously there's not much driving games there because they're all boring faffle. Except Rollcage, which is divine. And which I forgot to vote for. Arse.

Edited by Flint
  • Thumbs Up 1

None of the games revealed so far were on my own list, infact the only ones from those I've actually played are Soulcalibur, MGS2, Megaman9 and MMZ3.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm of the opinion that everyone should atleast try all of these games so far, despite just scraping in the top 100, they're all quality.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay Snowboard Kids! I'm so glad that made the list. It's pretty low down, but it's there!

So, only one of my games has made the list so far. I have a feeling some of them didn't make the cut, but I'm happy so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm of the opinion that everyone should atleast try all of these games so far, despite just scraping in the top 100, they're all quality.

I've got a whole life of game buying ahead of me, so even if I take my time I'll probably get there eventually.

Maybe I'll start to like FPS again someday.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a rather varied group of games too, which is pleasant to see. I wonder if the other batches of results will be similar.

None of my votes are in there, though I did briefly consider MGS2 before dismissing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, Partners in Time. I thought I forgot to put something on the list <_<

Now I know.

Didn't I put MMZ3 down on the list?

Also who else voted for Megaman 9 because they are awesome.

I also voted for Megaman 9. Go me!

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a rather varied group of games too, which is pleasant to see. I wonder if the other batches of results will be similar.

Well... we'll just have to wait and see, won't we? Some batches are chock full of variety, others are pretty homogeneous. Our game list is like a box of chocolates - delicious and sometimes chewy.

• Thumbs Up 1