Awoo.

Alan Rickman dies, aged 69

Big Panda

Despite Snape being his more iconic role, I actually know him more from Die Hard.  Not a movie I love, but one that is pretty nostalgic for me because of all the times I've seen it on TV as a kid.  He was a great actor, and it's sad to see him go.

Rest in peace.

So many celebrities dropping like flies in these recent months.

Very sad to hear. His characters always had an endearingly deadpan charm. His Prince John was great, having achieved the commendable task of raping Maid Marion and making it look hilarious on purpose.

First Bowie, now Rickman.

I had no idea that he was the one who played as Snape in the movies, (that act was really good) and hearing about that now makes me sad. :( 

I give my condolences to Alan's family and friends, and may his soul Rest In Peace!

anigif_enhanced-21499-1452777389-7.gif

Bowie and  Rickman both died at 69? Okay that's one hell of a coincidence. God this upsets me how the year always seems to start off with news like this. 

Man, This just keeps getting more and more depressing with each passing day. First David Bowie and now Alan Rickman. :( I really enjoyed his performance as Snape in the Harry Porter movies and now he's gone...

RIP Alan Rickman

This one hit me pretty hard.

Harry Potter was a huge favorite of mine growing up. I didn't really care for Snape much just reading the early books but Alan Rickman brought him to life. He owned that role. He stole every scene he was in with how intimidating he was despite just being a bitter teacher in charge of something as simple as Potions. Seeing his character and his relationship with harry change over the course of the series was fascinating, and Rickman nailed it every step of the way. He really was an excellent actor.

I also loved him in Die Hard, but I'm not as emotionally attached to that as I am Harry Potter.

• Thumbs Up 5

Daniel Radcliffe said this about Alan.

Embedded image permalink

Such a sad day to see a great actor pass away, I wish for the best to his family and colleagues :(

• Thumbs Up 4

Sadly, I don't know much about Alan Rickman aside from his role as Severus Snape. However, when I did see him on screen, I enjoyed it. May he rest in peace... :( 

7 hours ago, The Ultimate Loaform said:

First Bowie, now Rickman.

I had no idea that he was the one who played as Snape in the movies, (that act was really good) and hearing about that now makes me sad. :( 

I give my condolences to Alan's family and friends, and may his soul Rest In Peace!

anigif_enhanced-21499-1452777389-7.gif

Not just that but they both died from cancer. What are the odds?

While I'm not really a Harry potter fan and kind of never really paid attention to his character, I do feel sorry for this that did love him and it is saddening to hear he died. May he rest in peace.