Awoo.

What ever happened to Disposable Heroes Comics? Pre-Ordered issues and no response at all

kimplix

Edit: I've placed a dispute down, so i'll wait till Wednesday. If nothing, then I'll call PayPal to sort out a cash back

So awhile back, Disposable Heroes Comics (or DHS) had their site down refraining to update it entirely. I let this slide for awhile, but now that it's been weeks, their site is still down.

What also censors me is that their EBay page is whipped out too with nothing on for sale. They're not responding to posts, their buyers page is getting many negative votes and many people are contacting PayPal for money back on pre-ordered issues. Seems to me that they've done a runner of our pre-ordered comic money. Even their Facebook and Twitter pages last updated on December 19th and their FB comments are filled with so many questions among this situation.

569b960eb7f7e_ScreenShot2016-01-17at13.2

Does anyone actually know what happened to them? I may consider contacting PayPal and to get my money back from my 8 pre-ordered issues.

Article from Bleeding Cool (explains much more in detail): http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/07/disposable-heroes-are-missing-in-action/

I concur with getting your money back! It's a shame really as I usually buy from them on Ebay. Last time I did was late November. I usually back-and-forth between them and "a-place-in-space" for my stuff. Which is an ebay shop I highly recommend!

This also makes me glad I don't pre-order comics :P Especially when there isn't any real need to. I usually just wait till release then buy them. Comics don't exactly sell out quickly

Thanks for the advices. But before I call them, I've placed down a dispute to see if everything does well. If by Wednesday they do nothing, I'll call PayPal

• Thumbs Up 1

Well if you've started a dispute via PayPal you'll have to follow their procedures. 

Odds are you'll win. Buyer always wins when they've failed to mail stuff.

16 hours ago, Hogfather said:

Well if you've started a dispute via PayPal you'll have to follow their procedures. 

Odds are you'll win. Buyer always wins when they've failed to mail stuff.

That's true, but another problem is that I received 2 issues and that bumps down to £22.00 entirely (each issue is £2.75).

So it's 50/50 chance. Still, I could just order them again once my pay comes on the Friday or the next.

• 2 weeks later...

An update

After waiting 10 days, I finally got my money back in full (even if it was suppose to be £22.00 that I stated too. So basically, I got 2 comics for free). This is an amazing night to see it back entirely ^_^

56aa6d33b7a98_ScreenShot2016-01-28at19.3

Now to find another comic supplier that I can place my pre-orders on.

1 minute ago, kimplix said:

An update

After waiting 10 days, I finally got my money back in full (even if it was suppose to be £22.00 that I stated too. So basically, I got 2 comics for free). This is an amazing night to see it back entirely ^_^

56aa6d33b7a98_ScreenShot2016-01-28at19.3

Now to find another comic supplier that I can place my pre-orders on.

Forbidden Planet is usually a good place to get comics from.

10 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Forbidden Planet is usually a good place to get comics from.

That's currently on list, but I may do either A Place in Space or Ace Comics Economic if prices vary.