Awoo.

New Year, New Something Something

Dreadknux

4 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Suddenly, NEW THEME APPEARS! We know that the recently-launched 'new' SSMB theme ended up breaking the moment IPB released a new version, so instead of trying to fix it I donned my designer's hat and decided to start again from scratch, on a new future-proof (I HOPE) set of skins. Welcome to SSMB, 2016!

As you can see, this is the new 'Sonical' theme. It's very blue, isn't it? And it has that adorable classic Sonic smiling/sneering at you at the top of the page there. Nice. I also made sure that this theme works in most browsers, devices and screen sizes (although WiiU for some reason has this odd bug that only affects the homepage - we think it has something to do with the dynamic widgets embedded in the page, and are looking to IPB for a fix - every other page is fine so if you're somehow able to make your way onto a forum or topic on WiiU you're good as gold).

That's not all. Every week on Sunday for the next couple of weeks we'll be releasing new character versions of this theme. Two Foxy will be released next Sunday. Oooh, exciting! Enjoy the new look SSMB, you guys. And a happy (belated) new year to you all!

Sweet! Can wait for Tails' and Vector's themes to return :D

I'm having issues with editing already. It doesn't seem to actually save my edits, so I'll have to be very careful with the mistakes I make until this is fixed.

Nevermind, it's just my tablet being a jerk.

DcCnD2H.png

Might as well make a new logo since everything else is new.:P

Anyways, can't wait for the themes, I want to see Big's beautiful face haunting me in the background everytime I read a post, thanks Dread!

• Thumbs Up 8

this theme is PERFECT

ever since nu sonical died I've pretty much exclusively used the ip board theme. Loving the JP Sonic 1 flair in the background

I really enjoy this theme, it's really nice on the eyes with the white and light blue with hints of the old Sonical blue here and there. It's really simplistic and clean haha.

Psst, we need a werehog one with midnight blue and white :y

• Thumbs Up 5

Absolutely brilliant! Great work on this, I love the "new" feel to it all.

Happy 2016, all!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes! It is always cool with a new, refreshing design. It looks great. I also very much look forward to try out the Two Foxy skin!

Dreadknux, you really found a sweet spot with this skin. Not too white, but not too blue either. If there's no Amy skin again then I'll stick with this great theme. =)

CAN A BROTHA GET A SHADOW VERSION OF THIS

This is really nice, I like the blueness of it.

I really love this new skin, it's very nicely done and very very easy on the eyes and you just can't beat that iconic Sonic 1 Sonic! ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

The new theme looks nice as a whole and the new colors are visually pleasant, but I think my favorite thing about the new theme is how a fair amount of layout/format elements from when SSMB was still running on IPBoard 3.0 (aka pre-2015 facelift SSMB) have been restored. The homepage layout, the textboxes (for both thread replies and status replies), the top-right header...very good stuff. The new Sonic webpage icon is neat too.

Can't wait for the character themes to make their return!

• Thumbs Up 3

tumblr_o0ntdxSIxa1ucapywo1_540.png

This theme is... classy. There's blue and white, and it's really cool!

Can't wait to see the character themes after this one!

Thanks for the new theme. It looks very nice. Can't wait for the other character versions of the theme.

Wow, this new theme looks AWESOME! SSMB is just getting better and better! :)

Great job! I can't wait to see the different character versions!

So much better than the old one. Way more colorful and blueish giving it a rather more "Sonicy" feel to it.;)

Keep up the good work you guys!

I really want a dark theme, but it'll be nice seeing Two Foxy for the first time since like...2007...so I'm looking forward to it.

Closest topic I can use for this

So on my tablet and smartphone; when I try to copypasta an image/gif link in the statuses and go to post it, it doesn't appear and essiencially leave whatever is supposed to be there blank. Any idea as to why it is doing that? The tablet I'm using is an iPad. 

Edit: Ok so I think that shows up when I'm inserting the image for the first time, when it asks me to remove formatting and I don't....I think? This is odd

You're Two Foxy for us, Dreadknux :P

Nice theme. Think I prefer it over Sonical. I like the Tails sprite.