Awoo.

The Posters and Cover art topic

Klinsy

Kinda surprised we don't have a topic for this already, unless I missed one.

Anyways, this topic is dedicated about talking about posters and cover arts for thing and what makes them so good ... or bad.

Mega_Man_1_box_artwork.jpg

You know who you are

Anyways, let me get to one of my favorite posters:

latest?cb=20140305193535

This poster doesn't even tell you the movie's name but it sums up what it's about completely.

It's Captain America's shield, mostly devoid of color and full of scratches, but it's not outright destroyed.

This tells you that Cap is going to have a very very hard time, but he will stand firm and not be broken.

Easily my favorite poster from the MCU.

• Thumbs Up 1

One poster always stuck in my mind, even as a kid. FOR SCARING THE EVER LOVING CRAP OUTTA ME.

The_Shaggy_Dog_(2006_movie_poster).jpg

The Shaggy Dog.... The 2006 one, to be precise. I never saw this movie and probably never will because this poster kinda traumatised me as a young boy. Tim Allen's eyes on a dog uncomfortably close to you... I felt scared to go into any Disney Store at the time because of how much I hate this freaking thing.

Makes my heart skip looking at it, still... *shudders*

• Thumbs Up 5

17 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

One poster always stuck in my mind, even as a kid. FOR SCARING THE EVER LOVING CRAP OUTTA ME.

The_Shaggy_Dog_(2006_movie_poster).jpg

The Shaggy Dog.... The 2006 one, to be precise. I never saw this movie and probably never will because this poster kinda traumatised me as a young boy. Tim Allen's eyes on a dog uncomfortably close to you... I felt scared to go into any Disney Store at the time because of how much I hate this freaking thing.

Makes my heart skip looking at it, still... *shudders*

Oh my god, this is a really scary poster... I'll have nightmares... Well, if I were you, I wouldn't have watched this movie, too. xP Fortunately, I have never heard about it.. until this unlucky day. :P

Actually that Mega Man poster makes me feel scared too... :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a good poster for a bad movie:

smb_app_poster.png

No seriously, how awesome is this? The Super Mario Bros surfing on a mattress in an ice cave whilst being chased by angry goombas. Why couldn't the actual scene in the movie be this cool?

• Thumbs Up 1