Awoo.

Moderation Feedback

Chris

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Honestly, while I like the cheeky British humor and all, we need to look through it from the eyes of a new member, and if they see the rules like that, it gives them the totally wrong impression of the board. Those rules are likely the first thing they are going to look at, and therefore their first impression to the board. If it's filled with snarky, cheeky humor that makes every mod sound like extremely strict, what kind of impression is that going to give? Humor is good, but being informative, and helping give them a nice welcome is far more important, and in the long run, so much more constructive than just a bunch of snarky remarks.

For example, we recently opened a Discord chat for SSMB Game Night, and on it, we have an entire channel dedicated to explaining our guidelines (I.E, no giving other people shit, no over 18+ topics etc), and we've written them in a way that's not trying to be cheeky or snarky. It simply states what the rules are, and what happens if it happens, or if they go too far. 

Dude, I get it but honestly you're going in circles here. @Chris kind of already said no to a total rewrite, a revision by @Roarey Raccoon (hope I got the right one forget that theirs 2 Roarey's) is probably the best we can ask for at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Dude, I get it but honestly you're going in circles here. @Chris kind of already said no to a total rewrite, a revision by @Roarey Raccoon (hope I got the right one forget that theirs 2 Roarey's) is probably the best we can ask for at this point.

I know Chris said that, but still it doesn't change the fact that is my opinion on the matter. Cheeky humor is all good, but you need to know when is the time and the place for it, and the member guidelines/rules is absolutely not the place for it, especially when it's meant to welcome the members, and get them caught up to speed, not tell them that if they are caught breaking one rule, the mods will be over them, and will be kicking them out of SSMB quicker than you can say gotta go fast. It's misleading, and totally against what the mods' current policy is on new members anyway, because generally, if a new member makes a new topic in the wrong place or whatever, the mods will just give them a quick reminder about the rules, and leave it at that.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with how the rules are written. I mean yeah they could benefit from being a little less out there but I think it's funny in the sense that people will understand them. 

And plus look at how the rules are written a lot of us talk like that in real life so it's kind of like trying to "relate to us" in a way.

• The topic was locked