Awoo.

Nikes New Shoes Sure Look Familiar

Badnik Mechanic

http://www.kicksusa.com/nike/ultra-xt-gym-red-black-white-team-red-819671-600.html

These have nothing to do with Sega, or Sonic, or anything, they are 'original' designs from Nike. However since Sega has never made an actual Sonic shoe, this is pretty close, all you need to add is a buckle.

Price? $120, so if they come to the UK expect to pay around ten thousand billion quid. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I am not entirely sure how I feel about these shoes. I'll have to look at them in person but from the image they don't look that hot. They don't look worth $110... but then again neither do some of the J's but people pay hundreds for those.

15 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Price? $120, so if they come to the UK expect to pay around ten thousand billion quid. 

A rough guess from my view if they do come to the UK would be around £75.00 for a pair. Still, they look amazing.

Perhaps Nike felt inspiration from Michael Jackson and Santa Claus too.

But yeah, these shoes are unmistakably Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Might be worth the price of admission if they doubled as Soap Shoes, injury risks be damned. Can you imagine how many people would wear those at a Sonic convention?

Since these are for Super Bowl (with a special Super Bowl design on the way), I'd laugh if the SB ad for these things involved Sonic (and if that was the thing 'some folks would be interested in' Aaron hinted at).

...holy hell, I'm making insanely stupid theories! I'm finally a real Sonic fan!

• Thumbs Up 7

You know, I always wanted something like this when I was younger. Looking at it for real now..it's not really everything I hoped it would be. Plus, it's way more expensive.

New Nikes are usually around that price-higher, so I'm not too worked up about the price. Though they look pretty ugly imo, so I wouldn't buy them lol

Admittedly, if these were released when I was a teenager, I could totally see myself getting a pair. But yeah, that price...

Also, one of the reviews that was posted for this is the best thing that I've read all day.

hello i bought these shoes for my son because he wanted to become a anime hedgehog and they turned him into one only now he is getting into all sorts of wacky antics with an obese man which i do not like but i still give 5 stars because the shoes make him go very fast so it is ok

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, mikeblastdude said:

Admittedly, if these were released when I was a teenager, I could totally see myself getting a pair. But yeah, that price...

Also, one of the reviews that was posted for this is the best thing that I've read all day.

Sounds like something out of the official Sonic twitter.

4 hours ago, Treacher said:

Might be worth the price of admission if they doubled as Soap Shoes, injury risks be damned. Can you imagine how many people would wear those at a Sonic convention?

I don't know about anyone else, but I do believe I'll keep count at the next Sonic Boom to see just how many of these there are...

I can already anticipate their being modified for "Sonic the Human" cosplays.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ever since 10th grade I've usually had red and white sonic like shoes. It started off just being a fucking nerd but you'd be surprised how many people just say "oh cool shoes" instead of "are those sonic the hedgehog shoes?!" 110 bucks is pretty steep, but I realistically wouldn't mind having these, I think they're fucking cool haha. Used to have these, and the second shoe is the one I currently have lawl

globe-mens-mens-globe-encore-limited-puz

seeley-mens-skate-shoe-redwhite-0100deaa

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

For those interested, these shoes are on sale for $40 right now.

Someone please buy these for me. Please. I gotta go fast. I will return the favor in.... Uh. Somehow. :unsure: ?

• Thumbs Up 2

I just ordered my pair today. Man, it was a good thing these were on sale. Can't wait for those shoes to come over to mah place!

• Thumbs Up 2

*sits and waits patiently for a pair of infamous lego boots to go on sale...* 

That is pretty awesome though! They look pretty sweet but would look more complete  with the yellow buckle :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

When does the sale end??

10 hours ago, Mayor D said:

"We do not ship to the UK"

farmer-bean-tableflip-o.gif

Do you have any friends in the US?? You could Paypal them the money, they could order the shoes and then send them to you. 

• Thumbs Up 1