Awoo.

Justice League Action: Your Super Friends Return To The World Of Animation

Klinsy

Getting tired of Teen Titans Go being the only animated DC show on TV?

Don't worry, the Justice League is getting another cartoon!

Justice League Action will be also bringing back a couple of familiar voices, Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamill as The Joker.

Kinda optimistic about it, hoping it doesn't turn out like Teen Titans Go.

• Thumbs Up 7

Really hope other DCAU voices are brought back.  Hopefully, Timm, or Dini had some hand in this, because I can see Timm's art style in there.  I'm not sure the 11 minute format will necessarily work (it's kinda been Sonic Boom's major pitfall), but I've got hope for it.

Cautiously optimistic about this for now.

I'm curious about the 11-minute format. While I haven't watched  many shows that handle it well, the ones that do (Steven Universe comes to mind) are phenomenal, so...who knows.

Lighthearted DC stuff is welcome considering the tone of most of the other stuff they put out. Let's hope it's actually written well. 

I really like how the designs turned out. Don't really get the complaints there.

• Thumbs Up 7

OOOOOOOOOOH

I like the designs quite a bit. Hopefully it'll be really good (though since I actually like TTG I'll probably like this regardless hehe).

doubt it'll top the old Justice League/Unlimited cartoons though those were amazing

Obviously, my opinion is more than a little soured by TTG. I won't pre-judge it however, and it already ticked two boxes for me with the voice cast, but then again, I like TTG's voice cast as well, so that isn't really saying much. Designs are alright, although I don't like how it's going to look like TTG because it makes the characters look like Children. TTG got away with it due to the fact it was teenagers and they might be that size, but the Justice League and especially Batman and Superman don't fit the proportions.

If they're anything like those awesome Plastic Man and Super Best Friends Forever shorts I'll be interested.

"James Woods as Lex Luthor"

If ever there were something that sold me on definetly giving this show the A-list try, aside from Hamill and Conroy returning, it's this genius bout of casting! Only one I'd consider better is Clancy Brown for obvious reasons.

At this point, I'll be surprised if Hamill ever retires before he absolutely has to. Hopefully that day isn't anytime soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

So at first glance, I'm not liking the visuals. Nor am I digging that it's an 11-minute series which CN has fallen in love with a few years ago. Then again I thought the same thing about Sonic Boom at first and that show is bae now. 

I think its meant to be like TTG. I like TTG to a extent. Then again i usually dont walk with a stick up my butt on most things. The show while not the TT i grew up with still has moments that blow me away. The night begins to shine episode was a glorious callback to the 80/90s. It made me happy. Or cyborg dating jinx. Again i liked the old tt but ttg has moments. *though when you look at the animation of the old tt it was pretty crappy, that hold early 00 thing where they tried to mimic animes style to sometimes bad extent. The movie being the most cringe worthy. Now Young justice. Now THAT was a show and THAT was some great animation.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I think its meant to be like TTG. I like TTG to a extent. Then again i usually dont walk with a stick up my butt on most things. The show while not the TT i grew up with still has moments that blow me away. The night begins to shine episode was a glorious callback to the 80/90s. It made me happy. Or cyborg dating jinx. Again i liked the old tt but ttg has moments. *though when you look at the animation of the old tt it was pretty crappy, that hold early 00 thing where they tried to mimic animes style to sometimes bad extent. The movie being the most cringe worthy. Now Young justice. Now THAT was a show and THAT was some great animation.

In the old cont., KF was dating Jinx by series' end. I think Cy dating Jinx is a reference to a certain well known flash video that I shouldn't mention by name or link to. Those sort of references are just up their alley.

27 minutes ago, Azul said:

In the old cont., KF was dating Jinx by series' end. I think Cy dating Jinx is a reference to a certain well known flash video that I shouldn't mention by name or link to. Those sort of references are just up their alley.

It isn't. It's a reference to exactly one episode of TT where Cyborg infiltrates the H.I.V.E Five during Season 3, and Cy/Jinx develop crushes on each other during the episode.

Honestly though, I still personally prefer Kid Flash/Jinx. 

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It isn't. It's a reference to exactly one episode of TT where Cyborg infiltrates the H.I.V.E Five during Season 3, and Cy/Jinx develop crushes on each other during the episode.

Let me have my fun man.

Just now, Azul said:

Let me have my fun man.

I don't understand how I'm ruining your fun? I'm just saying that it's a reference to the old series.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I don't understand how I'm ruining your fun? I'm just saying that it's a reference to the old series.

Ahh, you're not. It's nothing serious.

17 hours ago, Tom DeLonge said:

So much for retiring after Arkham City! ;)

Spoiler

He was in Arkham Knight as well.

Anyways, it's great to finally get news on this thing. I'm sort of on the fence regarding the art style, but I imagine that it will hold up better in motion. 

What I'm not a big fan of is the relatively short airtime. I've never been a fan of shorts as a way to present an entire series, as there are a lot of limitations there in terms of what you can do with the characters, potential themes and, considering this show's target audience, balancing all of that with the action elements that will be expected. That's not to say such goals are impossible with this format, the writers just need to be keenly aware of its strengths and it's weaknesses. 

Let's hope this is good regardless.

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Kid flash was annoying in the old show and still annoying in the new one. Jinx/cy is much more cute and fun.

If it does turn out to have a comedic focus, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. In fact, if handled well, I'm fully confident a comedic Justice League show could work great and be really funny.

I really hope Superman is portrayed as an adorable, truth-justice-and-the-American-way-loving dork. I'm not confident that will happen considering DC Comics' current tendencies, but I would love it. If they make him all about powerfulness and machoness or something like that, I'm gonna be ticked :P