Awoo.

ARTWORK: Can Mightyray draw? Let's find out.

MightyRay

5 hours ago, HylianBran said:

Your good at drawing! But how do you get that good? 

Thanks. To get where I am, I needed a lot of practice, perseverance, humility and the ability to observe. All art takes time to develop. Mind you, as an artist I've still got a LOT more growing to do.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mightyray said:

Time for some vent art... cause I'm a pleb.

Well...now what

This is really nicely drawn and I'm a sucker for melting effects. I think vent art can be a nice way to get something out of your system while also creating something that others can enjoy and maybe even relate to, and I think your more emotional art tends to be very interesting indeed.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a surprise for one @Monkey Destruction Switch! I really liked your OC Avery so I drew him meeting a fan in Lap Snake from me Borris Worries a Lot book! I think they were both working out or something.

2u41vo5.jpg

Anyway I hope you like it and let me know if it's O.K. if I can upload this to my social media stuff. Thank you very much for your support Monkey and I hope you and everyone else has a lovely day!

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh my...I...thank you so much!!

He looks awesome, just like he's made out of bubble gum. I haven't done anything with him in a while, in part because of school, but I've gradually been feeling more inspired to do something with him once school's out. In fact, I was just thinking about him when I happened to go into this topic!!

Again, thanks, it makes me very happy. Of course, you can post it where you please; however, it would be nice if you could link to my DeviantArt, which is PaperEchidna (https://paperechidna.deviantart.com/). I don't hardly use it, but eventually I will, I suppose xP Thanks again!!

• Nice Smile 1

• 4 weeks later...

So true tho. I'd prefer Mighty and Ray. If it was just Amy, I'd have been like, REALLY? She was terrible in Advance, every game she's in it's just way more difficult. I'm psyched that they gave Mighty and Ray a chance. Especially Ray, cause if I'm not mistaken this will be his debut in the games

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually his second playable appearance. He started off in Sega Sonic the Hedgehog in arcades but never was playable anywhere else. Also, as an unorthodox Amy fan who wants to see how she could have developed if she would have been playable in a Genesis/Mega Drive platformer back in the day I'm actually very interested to see how Mighty an Ray play. It's not that I don't want Amy playable either, but the Mania team has a chance to both show what they can do in that style and treat fans to characters who have been requested for years. To me Mighty and Ray are a win-win situation.

And @MightyRay, I feel you with the obnoxious Amy fans. It's why I prefer the viewpoint of the #roomforonemore people who say add Amy with Mighty and Ray. Or in other words

latest?cb=20160618185223

Though as I said already, just because of my viewpoint I'd honestly rather see the Mania team put together a great experience with Mighty and Ray before tackling Amy just so they can earn the right to experiment with her. To me, Mighty and Ray are actually better in the long to get before Amy and that fans like you get to enjoy your favorite characters is just a plain old fashioned awesome bonus that needs to be celebrated, not attacked. I say tell those Amy fans to play Advance while they wait for her to be playable and let you enjoy Mighty and Ray while the Mania team earns the right to experiment with Amy in the original formula. Just leave your anger in the comic with Ray, that way if needed Knuckles can chuck it a way safely ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

I’d like Amy too but Mighty and Ray are fifty times more exciting to see. As well as having more potential for TaxStealth since they’ve never been in a mainline game before, leaving their abilities and the like to be to be fully-imagined by StealthTax, plus just the sheer fact these long gone characters are FINALLY back in grand styling, it’s exciting, especially as an Archie Sonic fan who really enjoyed Ian’s version of the two. Beyond that - Mania Adventures already implies a lot of fun moments between them and Sonic and co, especially if Knuckles’ reaction to the insanely innocent Ray is any indication.

• Thumbs Up 2

Frankly, Mighty and Ray make more sense in my opinion and I’m glad they got in.

Amy would be kinda hard to implement, using her Advance moveset would make her rather clunky tbh, I wish people would get over her already. She’s not getting in Mania, move on.

Awesome comic regardless!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I really love Ray's expression in the last panel. A flawless and elegantly simple depiction of pure rage. I love your marker coloring in general...and your headcanon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you all for the positive reception regarding my comic! I won't lie I was rather worried about how it was going to be received. The next image is actually based on another artist's work. 

90rb45.jpg

One day I was goofing around the interwebs and I happen to find one of the coolest pieces of Sonic fan art in a while, or should I say Mighty fan art?

Link to DNH2031ART's awesome Mighty pic: https://dnh2031art.deviantart.com/art/The-boys-are-back-in-town-735977713 As soon as I saw Mighty rocking that badass black jacket I knew I had to draw it so I asked the artist DNH2031ART if it was O.K. and they said yes! So here it is! Mighty rocking a stylish black jacket and looking all the more cooler for it!

Please visit their DA page and tell them they're doing a great job O.K.!

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Fist Bump 1

I really love that Mighty. The pose, the expression, the jacket, the melting/ink effect - everything just adds to a strong impression of pure "cool".

• Thumbs Up 1

First suggestion off the 'What should I draw Ray doing?' list! @Dangerous WOO! engine suggested Ray playing Sonic Forces.

Gaming with Goths

I did a little experimenting with a more flat look trying to focus more lines. Sadly the goths watching Ray aren't impressed and would rather Infinite shut up or better yet Ray play something else.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 1

651h1s.jpg

This image was meant to be a poster to promote the SSMB RP was used but it never got past the sketch stage until now. I really love Shademon and Luminamon as digimon and hope to see them one day in an anime.

Enjoy!

• Thumbs Up 4

Time for more old RP stuff. This time it's a bunch of comfort reapers! These guys were planned to be rookie residents of the town of Inkblot but things fell through. Sonix the devil and Gracie the Penguin ended up being recycled as cannon fodder in my "The End of Delta" story. (Personally it'll always be called Mightyray's story party... *pouts*)

295a06h.jpg

'Paccie' from Phoenix Games 2004 shovelware pac-man rip off of the same name...

1z9hle.jpg

Gracie the Penguin from The Adventures of Scamper the Penguin! So cute... yet so useless.

20f5k6r.jpg

And SuperSonix the devil... another Sonic mobile clone made with love from Spain.

I might have some more stuff ready next week. Until then, see you soon! 

• Thumbs Up 4

Time for some more RP profile pics. This time it's Yaya and Pheobee!

2118ho6.jpg2128lyr.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Your stuff is really cool. I love giving all this love to unloved characters, and Saffron looks really cool and fierce-looking. Pheobee is also neat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Time for some Gears of War in this gallery!

Presenting Ayna!

This pic of Ayna was meant to be another poster for the S3 SSMB Heroes RP announcement but it was never finished. Until now. Not super happy with it... I had to simplify so much detail cause it would have driven me nuts if I tried to draw it all... but hey more humans! That's cool I guess?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Time for some more minor old stuff from the RP. Better colouring than moping I guess.

352j79s.jpgn1a248.jpg

The pink bunny girl on the left is Trixie, she was the star of the one of the worst platformers to grace modern times in Trixie in Toyland, apparently her character designer had high hopes for her and wished the higher-ups running the joint at Data Design Interactive actually let the folks making the game have more of a budget outside of shoestrings and oily rag fumes when I was looking for info on Trixie herself.

Lolita Globo the curvy lady on the right only appeared in Cryo Interactive's 2001 platformer Gift. She was stuffed into a chest by the bad guy and you had to play as Gift a red munted looking cross between a devil and muppet trying to set her free by finding seven garden gnomes...

I was pretty lucky with Trixie... I actually got her character surprising spot on at time before I really decided to dig deep with her... she's every bit the cheeky little brat she was intended to be by the creators. Sadly Lolita like many damsels was given jack shit so the power of head canon's had to make do. I pictured her being very sweet and understanding as well as being good with tarot cards.

Hopefully next post will be a treat for those who like old archie sonic villains....

• Thumbs Up 4

Your humans are quite nice. I especially like Lolita.

• Thumbs Up 1