Awoo.

ARTWORK: Can Mightyray draw? Let's find out.

MightyRay

On 9/7/2018 at 9:37 AM, Sonic Fan J said:

I absolutely love that Klonoa and it makes me wish Namco would bring him back. Though I never played the games personally I love the whimsey, charm, and weight that fill every one of Klonoa's adventures and I feel you did a great job of capturing the adventurous and optimistic attitude of the Dream Walker.

He's getting a movie @Sonic Fan J:

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/12/24/klonoa-movie-producer-provides-update/

• Thumbs Up 1

It's gift time again! This time it's @Blue Wisps turn! I did a Christmas drive in 2017 so he's the first one in a long line to get his gift! He asked for the Cube Wisp and so it has been drawn!

fxugp.jpg

Hope you like it!

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

Wait what oh shit I didn't see this coming what free gift for me out of nowhere and it's free?

You're too kin-

21 minutes ago, MightyRay said:

fxugp.jpg

OH GOD

IT'S SO FUCKING CUTE

I love it. 

I love how it turned out. Looks so adorable.

Thanks man. I'm honestly surprised, never saw this coming. I don't know what to say. 

• Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Kiah, @PaulyBFromDa303, @SupahBerry, @SpinSlash165, @Sonic Fan J, @tailsBOOM! and @Emperor Robrainiac remember that status I posted about my old OC's I found? Well, here are some of them. There are a ton of them so I'm just going to post the ones that I'm going to colour in soon and the ones I've already coloured. One of the images has weird splotches on them, that's because I accidentally used it as a under layer to stop the markers from bleeding on tables and stuff. 

Spoiler

sqk3nk.jpge82t8i.jpg28ivp1x.jpg2jax8vt.jpg2cc4sw.jpg2h3v8f9.jpg2efs5g5.jpg280mbv6.jpg33tqnth.jpg15cbyur.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

Cute!  Something about the first one especially strikes my fancy (Honestly don't know what sets in apart from the others in my mind, but they all look good).

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice work. I have to say I really like your style of colored pencil shading.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, MightyRay said:

2h3v8f9.jpg

The face and head area in general for this character is giving me serious vibes of Inkling girl from Splatoon. (Which is a very good thing, you've drawn the face and head area really well!)  🙂

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you @Naean, fun fact she was made around 2010 a little while before our squid friends showed up! I was really trying to be more cartoony then and get away from the strict manga style I was perusing when I was a tween-teen.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love seeing these and the diversity of designs that you've played around with. I'm particularly partial to the first, third, and last ones as they all just seem to tickle my fancy in just the right way. Also, the second one,

14 hours ago, MightyRay said:

e82t8i.jpg

or this guy, for some reason gives me Megaman vibes. I could see him being called Pig-Man and firing curly-Q pig tails that lock Megaman in place and exposing him to boss room hazards. Of course that's just my imagination running away with me but, I would like to hear about the concept behind this guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

orange_blossom_by_mightyray-dcormtx.pngaura_from_skylanders__lost_islands_by_miscamper_the_little_penguin_by_mightyray-felix_and_his_magic_bag_of_tricks_by_mig

Time for some obscure stuff I forgot to post. Top to bottom: Orange Blossom from the 80's version of Strawberry Shortcake, Aura from Skylanders: Lost Islands, Scamper the little penguin and good old Felix the cat and his magic bag of tricks.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 1 month later...

You did well. To be clear, Momo is abnormally nice, compared to most reapers in media. She'll even carry messages from the departed to the living and use illusion magic to ease the living. :)

• Nice Smile 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woo! Time to post the rest of my Ray suggestions!

First off is @PaulyBFromDa303 suggestion, he asked for Ray being a DJ!

ssmb_ray_suggestion__first_time_dj_by_mi

Next up is @Kiah's suggestion, she asked to see Ray drawing!

ssmb_ray_suggestion__still_life_class_by

Then we've got @SupahBerry's suggestion seeing Ray during the events of Sonic Forces.

ssmb_ray_suggestion__ray_the_medic_by_mi

@Polkadi~♪ asked to see Mighty and Ray play!

ssmb_ray_suggestion__piggyback_fun__by_m

And last but not least @Jovahexeon Fitzroy asked to see Ray play Marvel vs Capcom 3.

ssmb_ray_suggestion__ray_gets_owned_by_m

Thank you for your support! If you wish to see more of my art please visit my DA or my Twitter! See you folks soon for my last suggestion batch and my last art post on SSMB!

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Fist Bump 1

• 8 months later...

Those pieces are awesome, especially Grimer - I'm impressed how well you captured him while still keeping your cute style.

• Fist Bump 1

Oh my God I remember this...

This ideas started last year...maaaaaaaan where has time gone. Thank you very much for including me in your project. Yeah you did say just Sonic characters but you included Kirby anyway too I'm flattered yeeeeah

What a way to make your farewell too. 

I'll still be seeing you here and there on Twitter though right

• Nice Smile 1