Awoo.

Rs and Bs not showing up in status updates

Rey Skywalker-Ren

Hey there!

I noticed some time ago that when I type a status and the first word I type begins with a R or a B, it cuts off that letter on the front page.

9c741f08211a941df2a3a44ffcd483ce.png

that is how it appears on the front page. but when you click on my profile and look at it from there, it clearly shows what i meant

96d337e6cf31d0a80c19b92b22718be6.png

I first I thought the statuses had a aversion to Rs and Bs and I do agree with the statuses especially on Rs since them and Ls sound exactly alike to me, but I also do wonder if it is a glitch. It is not a problem for me, I was just a small question I had. :)

I also asked because I didn't want people to be confused with saying "Ed" is my favorite color, the coming up to me and saying "Ed is a character from Edd, Ed and Eddy, not a color!!" or take is a step further and say "Do you think Senator Ed is a color..... nice one Mikyeong".

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a known bug that hasn't yet been fixed by the forum developers. There's a bit of code that's meant to strip out HTML linebreaks (<br> - see a pattern here?) from the start of a status update on the homepage, but at some point someone misunderstood some of the finer details of the system and accidentally completely changed what it searches for.

Fix coming... whenever they get to applying the code I sent them a while back :(

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, bmn said:

It's a known bug that hasn't yet been fixed by the forum developers. There's a bit of code that's meant to strip out HTML linebreaks (<br> - see a pattern here?) from the start of a status update on the homepage, but at some point someone misunderstood some of the finer details of the system and accidentally completely changed what it searches for.

Fix coming... whenever they get to applying the code I sent them a while back :(

I understand. I do apologise for being a bother about a small detail haha

26 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Working fine for me.

Using knuckles skin.

It's because Knuckles likes R&B

• Thumbs Up 2