Awoo.

22 years of Knuckles, Knuckles &Knuckles!

Rey Skywalker-Ren

Indeed! Ever since I played Sonic 3 for the first time, Knuckles has been my favorite Sonic character, and I love him in all his forms, whether he's a serious guardian and rival to Sonic, a treasure hunter with a derpy voice, or a big dumb teddy bear (because something about Boom! Knuckles just looks so huggable) with a heart of gold. Even outside of personality, Knuckles has always been one of the more consistently fun side characters to play as, in my opinion. I'm just hoping SEGA gives him more love in the future.

Happy 22nd birthday, Knuckles, and here's hoping for 22 more!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Happy Birthday Knuckles. The excellent echidna, the awesome ant eater, the mole in control ?

Knuckles has always had such a special place in my heart He's always been a favorite of mine, I love his design, personality, and set of abilities. If I could have anyone with a major and playable role in the games again, it'd be this guy. 

I just wish he'd be taken more seriously in the games. I don't mind if characters poke fun at him on occasion or being used as a punching bag or whatever, he can take it; but his appearances for the past few years have just made him out to be nothing but a joke, and Boom Knuckles hasn't helped me feel any better. At the very least in Lost World he tells Sonic he could have done things better at the end of the game. So at least we know there's still a fire in his heart. Maybe someday he'll be playable and show that Sonic who's boss. So I'll keep my fingers crossed and enjoy his appearances in the older games until things get better in the present. Maybe I'll play some Sonic & Knuckles today.

Much love to my cool and strong echidna friend. Keep training because your next appearance will be great. I hope.

tumblr_nhrmreKkAY1u39x62o1_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

Happy Birthday Knuckles, even though your character hasnt had a good role in like 15 years in the main games youll still be one of my favorite characters with the most untapped potential!

• Thumbs Up 3

Happy Birthday Knuckles!  (raises up a glass of grape juice in cheers and eats a chilidog)

Now I gotta play some Sonic 3 Complete again

Happy birthday Knuckles!

Now stop chuckling. It goes against your better judgement. And your theme song.

• Thumbs Up 2

About time main Knuckles got some recognition, I think that's a statement most of us can get behind.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Hyp3hat said:

Absolutely my favourite joke in Boom, with devastating implications to the canon.

If you're implying the fact that Knux can read ancient text in Zero Gravity then I'm afraid to say that Boom is an entirely different entity. Also Knux might just be joking about how he can't read.

1 hour ago, True Detective Soni said:

If you're implying the fact that Knux can read ancient text in Zero Gravity then I'm afraid to say that Boom is an entirely different entity. Also Knux might just be joking about how he can't read.

He embraces his shortcomings like a boss B)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, True Detective Soni said:

I've never played any of the Riders games! Touche :)

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, True Detective Soni said:

He can (I think?) read the stuff in the episode where he'd made temporary mayor. So either he was joking, or he pretended to know what the paperwork said for an entire episode.

And since I kind of really like Knuckles to not be an idiot (loved the times where he was the one who could read Ancient Babylonian in Zero Gravity), I'll roll with "I can't read" being a joke. Hardly anything anyone ever says in this cartoon seems to be meant seriously, anyway. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Speedy said:

I'll roll with "I can't read" being a joke. Hardly anything anyone ever says in this cartoon seems to be meant seriously, anyway. ;)

Pretty sure that's the point in a simple comedy, the jokes aren't too be taken seriously. Kinda kills the point of comedy if you took everything seriously. :P