Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

On 3/7/2016 at 2:49 PM, Detective Hogfather said:

9 hours ago, Marcello said:

So I had some Chinese today and I thought my fortune was quite fitting here:
YC6UNrE.jpg

Oh god, the game is gonna be strait up trash.

37 minutes ago, KHCast said:

...how the fucking fuck do you get that...from a fortune cookie that in no relates to the quality of the game? Unless you're just joking, but with this topic, I can never be sure who is.

I'm going to assume he implied that our lack of information right now will be a better state to be in than the inevitability of us finding out that the next game will be complete and utter shit, but there is absolutely no evidence to support that whatsoever. We know absolutely nothing about this game. How the fuck can we judge the quality of a game that we haven't even seen a single bit of gameplay, or screenshots, or even a confirmed concept/idea? The only thing we MAY know is that there's a good chance it'll have Classic Sonic instead of Modern Sonic because of all the Classic Sonic merch we've been seeing. Beyond that, absolutely nothing else.

And to top it all off, this shit came from a fortune cookie. Are we seriously that thirsty for new Sonic info?

C'mon Aaron, I know you made that fortune. First the Chili Dog Icecream, now this? Nice try, buddy!

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

It says a lot when fans are so impatient that even a fortune cookie is somehow new info.

It's not new info.

It's tasty.

Unlike Boom Knuckles, who only sounds like a fortune cookie.

*Unsure if a lot people would get the joke by now*

• Thumbs Up 9

All you guys talking about Fortune Cookies has made me imagine Aaron in a Mandarin scenario.  

"A true story about fortune cookies. They look Chinese. They sound... Chinese. But they're actually an American invention. Which is why they're hollow, full of lies, and leave a bad taste in the mouth...  My twitter followers just destroyed another cheap Sonic knock off: Pogo Bunny.

PogoBunny--article_image.jpg Loyal fanbase, I know this must be getting frustrating, but this season of terror is drawing to a close. And don't worry. The 'Big One' is coming: your graduation."

Ruby buddy, you should totally make Mandarin videos now :-p

• Thumbs Up 5

Sorry folks, AAUK was the boy you wanted there.

Also, the thirst is so real, you're listening to cookies. If this is what's happening in late March, June should have some hilarious routines going on. Or frightening.

• Thumbs Up 6

13 minutes ago, GeneHF said:

Sorry folks, AAUK was the boy you wanted there.

Also, the thirst is so real, you're listening to cookies. If this is what's happening in late March, June should have some hilarious routines going on. Or frightening.

I guess this is what happens when the most recent major Sonic game release turns out to be worst selling Sonic games known onto SEGA's financial reports and an entire year of no major Sonic release, the crave has pretty much been neurotic. It's bound to happen with people jumping onto any announcement to see what's next for Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, True Detective Soni said:

I guess this is what happens when the most recent major Sonic game release turns out to be worst selling Sonic games known onto SEGA's financial reports and an entire year of no major Sonic release, the crave has pretty much been neurotic. It's bound to happen with people jumping onto any announcement to see what's next for Sonic. 

People are letting their impatience cloud their judgement.

I'm all for news on the next game too, but I'm sure SEGA has good intentions behind the silence. They're not manipulating an entire fanbase because of a game they haven't even confirmed is happening.

• Thumbs Up 4

If we had news to share, we'd share it, lol. Honestly, like I said, patience is a virtue. I know about long stretches of nothing that are somewhat boring with an odd amusement along the way. It's called driving up Florida's Turnpike from South Florida to Gainesville. I guess only fellow Floridians will appreciate that, but whatever. Just kick back and enjoy the ride. It'll be a fun one.

Definitely for all of you. Not so much for me.

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh, I'm perfectly fine waiting. I'm just saying why people are getting pretty antsy nowadays.

I think that's a lesson for anyone that loathes what Aaron does, do something else in the meantime until an actual game announcement comes out. Getting all buttmad about it isn't helping anyone and honestly saying stuff like "Posting memes is ruining Sonic's identity, you're treating Sonic as a joke, you should get fired" is unnecessarily hostile. People really shouldn't get all worked up over video games.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SSF1991 said:

People are letting their impatience cloud their judgement.

I'm all for news on the next game too, but I'm sure SEGA has good intentions behind the silence. They're not manipulating an entire fanbase because of a game they haven't even confirmed is happening.

I have no doubts that SEGA means the best. I just think the silence after what was not one, but two, colossally shitty games and said games doing incredibly poorly in sales is ill advised.

The comparison I can think of is where AMD is getting their asses handed to them by both nVidia and Intel, with them not really releasing any new GPU's beyond rebrands in the past couple years, and Bulldozer being an incredibly bad family of CPU's. So right now they're talking up their new CPU and GPU families as being vastly superior to what they currently have, and giving actual information in albeit small amounts.

By all means, I still firmly believe that SEGA should have shown whatever projects they're working on now, not just Sonic. Give us a reason to have faith that SEGA's learned from their mistakes, and are heading off in a good direction. We haven't really gotten that so far other than "we're sorry, and we'll promise to do better". I mean, I can believe that's the case that they'll try, but we haven't really been shown how they plan to do so.

Maybe this July, we'll finally get something substantial here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still placing my bets that we'll get the first tease by April at the earliest.

22 minutes ago, True Detective Soni said:

I'm still placing my bets that we'll get the first tease by April at the earliest.

*shakes head*

May at the earliest. I'm not confident we're getting anything beyond Big's Fishing Adventure 3 and further teasing by Arron.

3 hours ago, GeneHF said:

If we had news to share, we'd share it, lol. Honestly, like I said, patience is a virtue. I know about long stretches of nothing that are somewhat boring with an odd amusement along the way. It's called driving up Florida's Turnpike from South Florida to Gainesville. I guess only fellow Floridians will appreciate that, but whatever. Just kick back and enjoy the ride. It'll be a fun one.

I can agree that the path between Port St. Lucie to Orlando can be VERY boring on the turnpike 

9 hours ago, AAUK said:

Apparently I was retconned.

So sorry, I should have double checked before submitting the post. The wanted/missing posters were a nice touch, it was great to see the lost characters show up in a modern game, even if it was just as an Easter Egg of sorts.

Still kind of sore that Generations 3DS wasn't the handheld history romp that was reported early on after the reveal. Would have loved to see Sunset Park as a level with a Nack/Fang encounter on the train. Alas it wasn't to be.

That and what happened to Mecha Sonic in Sky Santurary..dude was MIA.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, GeneHF said:

Hate to tell you Gene, but this is nothing compared to what lies ahead for you.

Nothing.

</ManiacleLaugh>

• Thumbs Up 6

7 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I just think the silence after what was not one, but two, colossally shitty games and said games doing incredibly poorly in sales is ill advised.

Well seeing as how the people that advised them to take their time and all were fans...

Besides, after what happened in 2014, taking their time to work on the game and making sure they have something to present that is in good quality is something they need to do. They just can't take any chances.

The comparison I can think of is where AMD is getting their asses handed to them by both nVidia and Intel, with them not really releasing any new GPU's beyond rebrands in the past couple years, and Bulldozer being an incredibly bad family of CPU's. So right now they're talking up their new CPU and GPU families as being vastly superior to what they currently have, and giving actual information in albeit small amounts.

Except, yet again, AMD had no restructure,or a disaster of a game that came before it. Almost every single one of the comparisons I've seen so far are apples and oranges. There are more things to consider than just "SEGA's being silent" and people keep forgetting what led up to this in the first place.

I still firmly believe that SEGA should have shown whatever projects they're working on now, not just Sonic.

Except they have. In fact we knew a lot about these games months ago. Even when they were silent on Sonic, they were still releasing many games in 2015.

Give us a reason to have faith that SEGA's learned from their mistakes, and are heading off in a good direction.

They have given you a reason. They're not rushing their games anymore, which was one of the reasons why some of the games turned out the way they did. This is exactly what people kept suggesting to SEGA in the months following Rise of Lyric's release. Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice was also delayed for this reason. In fact Aaron even made a SEGA blog post about it, noting that the team was making sure that the game was in good quality, when the delay was announced.

• Thumbs Up 9