Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

To those who think Aaron's last riddle is about Sonic Adventure 3:

Cay0JWGUEAAul_i.png

Madeon's first album (titled "Adventure") cover:

Madeon_-_Adventure_%28Deluxe%29.png

If I was a Sonic Adventure fan, I'd be more than hyped.

More stuff: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181906

Imagine that Sega wants to please all Sonic fans and develops Sonic Adventure 3 and Sonic 5 (this time as we truly imagined). How cool would that be...

EDIT: now I'm curious about that "The secret is inside the empire We can get it back". Apparently there's a Madeon song called Pixel Empire. Then... We can get (pixel empire) back?

SONIC 4 AS WE TRULY IMAGINED CONFIRMED! :D

about this whole mistery thing:

i actually think it might be a Sonic Adventure 2 remake??? i mean... where it says its gonna be the 3?

there is nothing about it.. (or maybe i'm skipping a clue) but even the music there "nonsense"

tumblr_inline_o2azet90jE1smgyfj_540.png

Line Dix: line 10

Et Douze:  and 12

its says "Shooting at the moon" and that's something that  happend only at SA2...(line 10 it says don't you think that i'm a runner but that its meh)

Besides Madeon's favourite game is Sonic Adventure 2 battle (he said it on Twitter)

but the Pixel empire thing.. it makes me wonder if maybe it has to be with the sequel of Sonic generations .. so at the end of the day.. i'm even more confused than before :D hahah

and about what whole mistery thing has caused on Sonic fans:

seriously! this is crazy :lol:  its like National Treasure, Da vinci code, and sherlock holmes together but with Sonic fans XD hahah

tumblr_inline_o1ok5iUnEw1s7c9qu_540.jpg  (image from AuroBlaze Tumblr)

i like what they are causing on fans... its very funny..!

even if the game won't be what we expected (or if it is) i hope this situation won't be forgotten.. XD haha

• Thumbs Up 9

11 hours ago, Tara said:

A reminder that the No SA3 Topics rule extends to this forum as well, so unless such a game actually gets announced, then we should probably move to safer discussions. Like politics or religion.  Or the cryptic Sonic social media stuff.

I think that's being too extreme against the title. Seriously, you folks need to lighten up on that instead of supporting this finger pointing and silencing movement.

People have unique demands, accept it. If they want Unleashed 2, jolly day, Generations 2, okay. Colors 2? Dandy. SA3? Alrighty then.

People singling out and bannIng selective things is the cause of half the problem between people in this fan base.

In a way, kind of reminds me of racial discrimination. It's like, everything's is fine, but wanna talk about this race or give that race something? nope.

• Thumbs Up 1

That "no talking about SA3" makes me wonder what sequel would Sonic fans prefer, Sonic 4 (a true Sonic 4, I mean) or Sonic Adventure 3. Does any poll about it already exist?

Just now, Detective-Dude said:

Sonic Adventure 3 is a very very controversial topic. If you go to the pinned No SA3 topics thread then you'll understand why we can't discuss it. Also try not to argue with mods, Not a good idea.

It's not arguing, just my thoughts on the matter as I see the ban everywhere, to the point it does feel like discrimination.

Controversial things happen. You just need a willingness to grin and bear stuff. Really it's my opinion the mods could do a fine job keeping things under control when the games brought up, if the willingness to do so was there, which they've shown they do have said willingness to keep the waters calm.

That's all. SA3 is the same as any other topic brought up really, and if you wanna be selective against that, you may as well ban character discussion as well, as I think that's the same, maybe worse than the topic of an Adventure sequel nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Detective-Dude said:

Sonic Adventure 3 is a very controversial topic. If you go to the pinned No SA3 topics thread then you'll understand why we can't discuss it. Also try not to argue with mods, not a good idea.

Do you mean this topic?

Not too much info about it, in my opinion. I mean, it's ok not to let people populate the forums with lots of baseless rumours topics, but not being able to mention SA3 in a topic that is about which possible Sonic game will Sega announce very soon? I'm sure there's a bigger reason.

Not a fan of Sonic Adventure, by the way :P

2 minutes ago, molul said:

Do you mean this topic?

Not too much info about it, in my opinion. I mean, it's ok not to let people populate the forums with lots of baseless rumours topics, but not being able to mention SA3 in a topic that is about which possible Sonic game will Sega announce very soon? I'm sure there's a bigger reason.

Not a fan of Sonic Adventure, by the way :P

Personally I would love if the next game was an RPG, preferably a sequel to Chronicles while the topic of sequels is in the air.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because the mere mention and discussion of SA3 tends to not go well with people bickering and debating whether or not we already got SA3 in the form of 06' or Unleashed. And because this sort of topic can get so heated, the mods have rightfully considered it a forbidden topic to pursue.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DarkLight said:

Because the mere mention and discussion of SA3 tends to not go well with people bickering and debating whether or not we already got SA3 in the form of 06' or Unleashed. And because this sort of topic can get so heated, the mods have rightfully considered it a forbidden topic to pursue.

Again, I think the topic of characters is far worse presently, but that's just going by my random strolls about forums and fan pages.

I get what you mean Chris but the staff has their reasons and we should understand them. The only thing that matters about it right now if it happens or not. (Which I doubt)

For the record, I would LOVE a better sequel to Chronicles considering I still own the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Detective-Dude said:

I get what you mean Chris but the staff has their reasons and we should understand them. The only thing that matters about it right now if it happens or not. (Which I doubt)

For the record, I would LOVE a better sequel to Chronicles considering I still own the game.

Well, the issue with that is Penders if I'm not mistaken, and I hold him accountable in ways for SEGA abandoning story depth as well and any further attempts at the RPG genre.

4 minutes ago, molul said:

Would a poll about what sequel would you like Sega to develop be dangerous?

If handled wrongly (witch will happen no matter what),then yes. By the way,what happened to the character poll?

8 minutes ago, molul said:

I don't know, There's a chance they could all end up like Sonic 4 or possibly a chance SEGA will take influence from the original game and remember what made it so great.

Either way, there will most likely arguments whenever said game deserves sequel or if complain that SEGA will screw it up.

I do wish for more Sonic sequels though, Sonic Riders 4, Sonic Advance 4, 3rd Sonic Storybook, Sonic Chronicles 2 etc, there's so many Sonic games that deserve sequels.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

What is it with people and ridiculous, out-of-place racial comparisons lately? This isn't anywhere remotely close to racial discrimination. You're not born an SA3 lover. In fact, this right here is why we've banned the topic: because we have a history of people on both sides being so thoroughly unable to discuss it with some reasonable semblance of tact for whatever reason that it became little more than pure anathema to the forums to a degree beyond other debatable discussion threads. And no, we don't really care that you want the game really, really badly. If hypothetical sequels to the modern games invoked as much annoying if not outright idiotic behavior as SA3 discussion did then we'd ban discussion on that too and possibly a few folks in the process. And I say all of this as someone who actually wants another Adventure game.

Yes, you are arguing back. When a mod suggests (read: orders) that people move on from a previous tangent for any reason, ignoring them and continuing that discussion, voicing why you disagree with the decision for posts on end, and telling us what you think we ought to do despite you not even having any real history on this site to be able to make a convincing argument from even personal context, is the very definition of talking back. And frankly I'm tired of it. So have a strike and a suspension.

You're going that far over an SA3 subject? O.o

It didn't even last that long, the subject's already over with. O_O

And really I don't think I was being rude over it at all. I just joined in on the subject at hand.

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

You're going that far over an SA3 subject? O.o

No more than you did with your myopic, tactless "oppression" angle. Take the week off and figure out why you got punished despite being "nice" about it.

As for everyone else, continue on with the topic at hand.

• Thumbs Up 5

For the good of this topic, I say let's forget about Sonic Adventure 3. Rules are rules, and if one doesn't like them, there are more forums out there or one can always make his own. I mean, although I disagree with that rule, I understand there's been some big stress on the moderators because of this issue. It has its reason.

The problem now is... We need more hints from Aaron to keep talking :)

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, molul said:

Well there were already such polls on other sites like TSSZ but we could see what are people's opinions here. Could a simple poll cause as much drama as some previous topics?

1 hour ago, Mauricius said:

Well there were already such polls on other sites like TSSZ but we could see what are people's opinions here. Could a simple poll cause as much drama as some previous topics?

Polls are absolutely pointless.

And before someone says well that other site did a second poll a week later which was more in line with what TSSZ's said.

That's a really poor argument to say that polls are a good indicator of what people want. One week a set of fans says one thing, the next they say something totally different. How can you cater to a market when your poll results change on a weekly basis?

• Thumbs Up 7

I am amused at the extent to which our good friend Aaron will go to fuck with us.

Whether or not this ARG amounts to anything is of no real concern to me. Its just been funny as fuck watching everyone scramble around over the tiniest amount of information. We don't know how much of it has relevance to the hypothetical 25th anniversary game, and how much of it is actual nonsense, but who cares. Its been really fun.

There's been something floating around about Iizuka saying the next game will be a culmination of the successes of the franchise or something (after the disaster that was Boom: RoL). I wonder what that will actually amount to.

Spoiler

Sonic (World) Adventure Rush Adventure 2-3 BOOM: Advanced Generations Unleashed & Knuckles

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder why some people (not naming names, nor do I intend to start generalizing this to apply to everyone here) seem to be so ready to assume that the next Sonic game is a sequel to -anything-. I've been a fan for a long time and I know SEGA/Sonic Team rarely makes sequels to games, especially older ones. Sonic 4 was more like the exception (due to stupid marketing decisions; it was originally just intended to be a downloadable Sonic game) rather than the rule.

The classics were the only time in the series that there were a lot of sequels, comparatively. At most since then some games have gotten a single sequel (SA2, Rush Adventure, All-Stars Racing if you want to count that, Black Knight- Riders is an exception as well since it has two sequels).

I'm not talking narrative sequels, but literal ones like "Generations 2", Heroes 2", etc- since the narrative in the Sonic series has pretty much been linear progression continuing the same story since at least Unleashed (which could easily follow ShtH, which obviously had a pretty linear progression which follows back to the classics if you take SA1/SA2's past events as an adaption of the classics). Though where Lost World fits is a bit of a problem since we have no explanation for what happened after Generations' ending (like how Eggman got out of the White World).

I mean, I'm not refuting the possibility, it just seems like blind optimism: Until I know more I'm going to play it safe and not hype or assume anything about the game, since we literally know next to nothing about the actual game itself. I get wanting specific things, but expecting them is another matter.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's not that people are expecting a direct sequel to a certain game in the series. It's really a question of tone and direction for the next game. For example "Sonic 5" means a side-scrolling game with Classic Sonic, "SA3" means a game with more characters and a bigger emphasis on story (to put it simply) and "Generations 2" would be another game where we revisit old stages. It's not about the name but about the content.

It's like people mention the "Dreamcast 2". We all know Sega always called their consoles unique names, but how are people supposed to call a console that doesn't exist and probably never will? "Dreamcast 2" is shorter that "Sega's hypothetical new console" and everybody knows what it refers to.

• Thumbs Up 1