Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

10 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

I said that we know stuff this time, wasn't implying that it's big news. And again: hyperbole. And again: big news for Sonic Retro.

It probably would have been a good idea to include this specification initially if you were going to start teasing about it on other sites.

Nonetheless, congrats to Gene on the new job. Sounds fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I guess you didn't see the times on Sonic Retro where we acted like we know something but really don't? :V

(hint: wherever we use the :shush: emoticon we don't actually know anything)

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

You're "allowed" to do whatever you want. But when people let their expectations get ahead of reality, they're setting themselves up for disappointment. This all started as "someone knows something about something", then ballooned into expecting some major announcement about the next main game or the state of the series or who knows what, based on nothing.

That was pretty much the reason why I said I was skeptical in the first place. Because when someone comes and says "I have inside Info from an inside source" then I start not the believing them

so needless to say there's blame on both sides

7 minutes ago, GeneHF said:

In a way, it makes me glad to see people are eager for something. It does make me worry a little, as a fan, that the hype may be TOO big and disappointment will follow whatever Sega's got planned. Officially, I've not been briefed on anything, so I'm enjoy my last few days as a typical fan just lighting the place up like it's 2003 again.

Each Sonic creation even from the beginning is in essence missing something that it could have, it makes them like works of art in a classical sense rather than more on the video game end of things!  ^_^  A simple example might be the absence of spin dash and the seventh emerald/Super Sonic in the first game, or the weird but wonderful simplicity of SMS Sonic 1.

Whatever the new games may lack, it ultimately adds to them, makes them human and more interesting than if they were perfect and had everything.  ^__^   Maybe you will also be incredibly surprised when you are briefed on what it is!  Wishing best of luck and lots of enjoyment and unforgettable times to you!!

Well at least there was a part in me that knew it was all a prank. Congrats Gene. 

Oh geez, there are articles about the tomorrow's "news". Jesus Christ. XD

• Thumbs Up 5

7 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

This... isn't Sonic Retro, so I'm not sure why anyone is obligated to know the forum's in-jokes in order to be able to parse rumors that cross over websites?

While I think some of us are over-reacting... that is a fair point. It was misleading.

Ah well. Live and Learn?

Spoiler

hanging on the edge of tomorrow!

Spoiler

Duck Tales' woohoo

Spoiler

From the works of yesterdaaa-AAAAAY

• Thumbs Up 8

Wait, articles are actually appearing on other websites?

I wonder why they would take an obvious joke so seriously. Heheheh, dumb reporters.

• Thumbs Up 2

Funny enough, weren't you the one who said Sonic Retro were trustworthy as opposed to TSSZ Indigo? ;)

I think this is not going to do their reputation any favors.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can't just point and go "Hahaaa you got hyped over nothing" whenever people with trustworthy and connection laden backgrounds walk into a thread on a completely different board and hype bait when they know dang well no one was able to predict or was going to expect that.

That said, nothing against Gene's new position, especially since he wasn't trying to mislead anyone as much as others were allowing. But you guys really could've handled this much better, let alone not try to blame people when they fell for it. So much for goodwill in that case, right?

• Thumbs Up 9

God damn you guys I'm thirsty for news too but this place has literally zero chill. 

Congrats on the job, Gene. It's always great to see a member of the community getting their dream job.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Detective Hero of Legend said:

Funny enough, weren't you the one who said Sonic Retro were trustworthy as opposed to TSSZ Indigo? ;)

They are more trustworthy. Just because it wasn't what you wanted doesn't mean jack.

I think they'll live anyway. I folks still support TSSZ, this won't hurt Retro at all. 

1 minute ago, Detective Hero of Legend said:

Yeah, okay. Hindsight is 20/20 now, don't you forget. emot-ssh.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nepenthe said:

Your constant drive-by criticism never helps matters.

Good thing I never claimed to be helping or this would just be embarrassing. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I just hope the guys at Retro know that they handled their announcement wrong and if you have a similar announcement again, make it clearer but not let it all out. A simple "This isn't nothing to do with the 25th anniversary and Sonic Boom" would have been much better and we would have still in the end congratulated Gene.

Now I have to tell my friend when she returns that the announcement has nothing to do with the upcoming game.

Yes I'm particularly to blame that I got caught up with this tease, but it's like you are starving, you smell something sooo good and you follow the smell, only to find an empty take-out bag with a rare figurine. Nice to have but still starving!

I understand what happened but I think both sides need to step back a second, especially when this will all be forgotten by next week and we'll probably have new Sonic shit soon anyway. Yeah people got hyped for something that was teased and it turned out not to be what was hoped for, it's kinda a fart in the wind now so I don't understand why we're still sticking around to smell it. It's definitely not worth having cross-website drama anyway.

It's just Sonic, and we're just forums about a hedgehog lmao

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, I'm not disappointed since we're getting some sort of something shown this month. We're already halfway through it, it's only a matter of time, fellas.

I'm hoping for Sonic Cereal, with real Sonic Marshmallows™

3 hours ago, GeneHF said:

It's all good. We all have those days. I'd offer some of my happiness, but that's not really a thing that can be done. I hope things go better for you

Give me the RGB color codes of Sonic's next character model and maybe I'll crack a smile...

thanks

• Thumbs Up 1