Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

19 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Regarding HF being pissed, well... That's just my thought. If it was something from years ago it would be understandable, but that's recent, easy to remember stuff, especially for a reporter. I do the same kind of stuff, stayed fresh in my mind hence why I brought it up. I've got a life too but still, not hard to remember such recent topics, especially if one has a hobby of reporting such things in the first place.

Ok so we're doing this now are we.

Coming from someone who made up a quote to his followers don't think you're in any place to comment on how people report stuff.

Furthermore, I do updates in what little free time I have, many of which you yourself have taken and posted at The Sonic Sanctuary, most without any credit to the original source so yeah there is that. 

Now onto the remembering stuff, well done you worked it out, it's a hobby, I do not remember every single detail, neither did the other person here who asked. I am not a paid for journalist, nor do I get any incentives for updating TSS or have any reason to remember any of the stuff I find and report on. You want me to be more professional or remember every little bit of new news. 

Pay me. 

PM for paypal info. <---- offer is open to anyone who wants to buy me lunch of take some portion off my uni fees by the way.

• Thumbs Up 9

7 minutes ago, Dashman said:

This is confusing. So the different Sonic's are having an identity crisis now?

Well, basically Modern/Legacy Sonic is having an identity crisis in every sense. His name, his tone, stage design, market catering...

While BOOM Sonic is suffering from his name, and market catering.

Far as Classic/Legacy Sonic, this guys just suffering name wise now as he's remained consistent to me otherwise.

And I'll take that zinger Hog, I'll take it.

2 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

Can't Sonic be Sonic...? ugh this is confusing as hell. 

That's pretty much all anyone wants really, but... Keep in mind, not only do we have multiple Sonic's EACH with multiple titles now, but don't forget we have parallel worlds, imaginary bridges between them, etc. One with humans, ones without... Isn't it such fun?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mikyeong said:

This is the problem that arises when people categorises stuff in a franchise that keeps giving us "new" experiences. 

I know but it's so annoying when people treat the new designs as if they are totally different characters. It's like when fans treat Super Sonic and the werehog as different characters when they are all the same character. I also wish Sega would stop doing it as well. haha

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

I'm sure this wouldn't be as big an issue if SEGA didn't make Sonic's younger self a separate character in a game in the first place, so please direct all your complaints to:

SonicGenerations.jpg

Truly, this game was the beginning of the end.

• Thumbs Up 6

8 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

I know but it's so annoying when people treat the new designs as if they are totally different characters. It's like when fans treat Super Sonic and the werehog as different characters when they are all the same character. I also wish Sega would stop doing it as well. haha

To be fair Boom Sonic is suppose to be from a alternate universe from the normal Sonics and his personality is a bit different. which kinda makes that Sonic another character, even if just another Interpretation more then anything.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

I'm sure this wouldn't be as big an issue if SEGA didn't make Sonic's younger self a separate character in a game in the first place, so please direct all your complaints to:

SonicGenerations.jpg

naw man, Classic Sonic IS Sonic but from the past. So they are basically the same character... just that his younger self crossed over to the future to help his older self. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Mikyeong said:

naw man, Classic Sonic IS Sonic but from the past. So they are basically the same character... just that his younger self crossed over to the future to help his older self. 

Ah yeah... The game with my favorite final line...

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

SonicGenerations.jpg

I'm not sure how you could miss the fact that the game does explain that the "Classic" versions of the characters are the younger versions of themselves from the past.

And assuming they're the least bit consistent (they're not, but we can dream), this is the in-canon explanation for the different looks. Sonic started off shorter and pudgy, grew up, eye color changed as he aged (this is a real thing btw) and slimmed down after years of running.

• Thumbs Up 9

11 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

Because they basically are different characters. That's the annoying thing. Every time Sonic changes, he practically becomes a different character. Yes, they share basic personality traits, but there's lots of individual nuances that make them different from other Sonic's. 

I believe Shay put it like this? That every time you change something, you're asking your audience to have a preference? Well, some people prefer different Sonics from the other. Classic Sonic is no more the same character as Sonic in the Adventure games as he is as Sonic in the Pontaff games, and I have no doubt that, once again, we're going to see a different Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Detective Paradox said:

From what I remember (from an interview when Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice was announced) Legacy Sonic is "modern" Sonic and "Boom Sonic" is now modern Sonic.

That's the gist of it. Or rather, what SEGA of America is LIKELY praying desperately for.

20 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

You sure it's not the other way around? =P

CS.thumb.png.197b20bb6df8ec06c1eff3885f2modern-sonic-15.png.87f45c6b873f1737a3cf

• Thumbs Up 8

30 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

I'm not sure how you could miss the fact that the game does explain that the "Classic" versions of the characters are the younger versions of themselves from the past.

And assuming they're the least bit consistent (they're not, but we can dream), this is the in-canon explanation for the different looks. Sonic started off shorter and pudgy, grew up, eye color changed as he aged (this is a real thing btw) and slimmed down after years of running.

I know this, I did play the game, but, as far as I know, the need to distinguish between "Classic Sonic" and "Modern Sonic" wasn't a thing before this game. Also, when you have a younger and older version of a character interacting in a time travel plot, from a story perspective, they're different characters. There was no need for you (or you @Mikyeong) to take what I said as literally as you did.

We know they're the same character but ever since Generations, people have been treating Classic Sonic as a separate character.

• Thumbs Up 2

One of the biggest fiascoes regarding the lead-up to Sonic 4's release was that Classic Sonic wasn't the main character. My point is that they were treated as if they were separate entities before Sonic Generations was released, so I don't know why you blame Generations, a game that established them as the same being, as the catalyst for separating them when this was already an issue.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, Indigo Rush said:

One of the biggest fiascoes regarding the lead-up to Sonic 4's release was that Classic Sonic wasn't the main character. They were treated as if they were separate entities before Sonic Generations was released. 

Most people were complaining because of...........

tumblr_o01z3neXzQ1uibns1o1_r1_400.gif

OMG THAT'S NOT SONIC. THE GAME SUCKS!11!!

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

One of the biggest fiascoes regarding the lead-up to Sonic 4's release was that Classic Sonic wasn't the main character. They were treated as if they were separate entities before Sonic Generations was released. 

I thought that the complaints specifically were that SEGA was using Sonic's Adventure-onwards design for a game calling itself "Sonic 4," not that they were treating the two as separate characters like people are now.

Fans basically wanted the Classic design, and it really wasn't any different than it is now - same character, different visual design. I don't think anything's different now than it was before Generations, except that Generations finally put into place the concept that Classic Sonic is younger Sonic. 

But seriously, it was nuts - the Sega Forums were like a political manifesto with everyone's signatures containing bumper stickers begging Sega to either replace Modern Sonic with Classic Sonic or to give players an option to play as Classic Sonic in Sonic 4.

Dark times. Ken Balough took it like a man, if you could truly imagine that. 

• Thumbs Up 5