Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

I thought that the complaints specifically were that SEGA was using Sonic's Adventure-onwards design for a game calling itself "Sonic 4," not that they were treating the two as separate characters like people are now.

People were literally complaining that classic Sonic wasn't going to be in Sonic 4 and literally said that the Sonic they used wasn't Sonic at all! I kid you not. 

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

You sure it's not the other way around? =P

CS.thumb.png.197b20bb6df8ec06c1eff3885f2modern-sonic-15.png.87f45c6b873f1737a3cf

Waiiiiiiiit a...

Dude... My brains on shut down mode...

Da fudge...?

While we've got numbers in the air, if Sonic is a teen... Why does he target only kids now when, being a teen, he should, you know... Kind of cater to them in a better way as well...? Sides, most teens hate little kids.

Just now, Mikyeong said:

People were literally complaining that classic Sonic wasn't going to be in Sonic 4 and literally said that the Sonic they used wasn't Sonic at all! I kid you not. 

Huh. Couldn't that be chalked that up to a relatively small group extremists? I'm sure this "Classic Sonic"/"Modern Sonic" thing wasn't nearly as big an issue among non-nutjobs then as it is now.

Either way, as far as I know, it wasn't until Sonic Generations that SEGA themselves started doing it, so as far as I'm concerned, Gens is still the devil.:P

7 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Fans basically wanted the Classic design, and it really wasn't any different than it is now - same character, different visual design. I don't think anything's different now than it was before Generations, except that Generations finally put into place the concept that Classic Sonic is younger Sonic.

My opinion is Classic Sonic wasn’t being referred to as Sonic’s younger self in the sense of him being a kid version of Sonic. I think they meant it in the sense of that Classic Sonic is literally the Sonic from the 90s.  Unless they changed character ages without telling, then it’s especially true when you consider both versions of Sonic are supposedly around the age 15.

That actually really doesn't make any sense. 

They refer to themselves in a context that can't be mistaken in any other sense than "this is us when we were younger." The game isn't a huge meta self-commentary, the writers aren't good enough for that.

EDIT:
Actually, why are we debating this - the writers don't know or care, Sega probably didn't care then, we have no reason to believe they care now. It's nuts.

I need a drink

• Thumbs Up 9

Well technically Classic is Modern’s younger self, of the logic that he is the version of Sonic from the early 90s. =P

I look at Generations as just a celebration of the series history more then anything else. Till Sega says otherwise I’ve still no reason to believe they changed Classic Sonic into a kid version of Sonic.

18 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Waiiiiiiiit a...

Dude... My brains on shut down mode...

Da fudge...?

While we've got numbers in the air, if Sonic is a teen... Why does he target only kids now when, being a teen, he should, you know... Kind of cater to them in a better way as well...? Sides, most teens hate little kids.

latest?cb=20150503005900

Terrible proof that being a teen does not require you to appeal to anyone over the age of ten.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

latest?cb=20150503005900

Terrible proof that being a teen does not require you to appeal to anyone over the age of ten.

AGH!! Dude come on!! Not cool!!

Oh god... Why...? F-in why...

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

Are you seriously asking this? There are many kids shows catered to kids under 12 that center around teenagers or have them as the main characters. Hell there are some who have ADULTS at the main characters. So don't give me that crap that Sonic can't target kids because of his age. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Mikyeong said:

Are you seriously asking this? There are many kids shows catered to kids under 12 that center around teenagers or have them as the main characters. Hell there are some who have ADULTS at the main characters. So don't give me that crap that Sonic can't target kids because of his age. 

Targeting kids is no issue. EXCLUSIVELY targeting them is my gripe.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mikyeong said:

I'm pretty sure his complaint is that Sonic's only targeting kids now, not that he's targeting kids at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Did you really not know Sonic was always suppose to be a teen? Next you'll tell me that you will be shocked to find out Amy is only 12 and that Tails is 8... hohoo

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Did you really not know Sonic was always suppose to be a teen? Next you'll tell me that you will be shocked to find out Amy is only 12... hohoo

I always knew Sonic was a teen...

And yes Hyper, that's my point. (Said that in a comment I think before yours went through, not sure.)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

I always knew Sonic was a teen...

And yes Hyper, that's my point. (Said that in a comment I think before yours went through, not sure.)

Yeah, sorry, I made my post before I saw yours. 

1 minute ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Yeah, sorry, I made my post before I saw yours. 

Forums are a tricky thing. No worries.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

You sure it's not the other way around? =P

CS.thumb.png.197b20bb6df8ec06c1eff3885f2modern-sonic-15.png.87f45c6b873f1737a3cf

Oh look, Sonic Jam, you know PROTOTYPE SONIC ADVENTURE.  You know, where they aged Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, WakanoBaka said:

Oh look, Sonic Jam, you know PROTOTYPE SONIC ADVENTURE.  You know, where they aged Sonic.

My grandma, what big LETTERS you have!

But yeah, the ages there are confusing me...

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

My grandma, what big LETTERS you have!

But yeah, the ages there are confusing me...

I can assure the only reason Mr.Knopps, someone FUCKED UP. The ages in the game are messed up, THEY HAVE KNUCKLES YOUNGER THAN SONIC.

• Thumbs Up 1

You must forgive me, I once dealt with a guy who said Classic Sonic from Generations, isn't a young Sonic, but a different Sonic, mainly based on that one image from Jam, I showed him sources that Jam was a prototype for Adventure, thus it's is likely that someone screwed up. But he continued to just ignore it, asking me for a source.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dont see what the age problem is. Heroes reset the age cuz Sega felt like it. Just like the pokemon company/anime studio felt that after all these years they reconfirmed Ash to STILL be a ten year old in the BW series. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Tails spin said:

I dont see what the age problem is. Heroes reset the age cuz Sega felt like it. Just like the pokemon company/anime studio felt that after all these years they reconfirmed Ash to STILL be a ten year old in the BW series. 

That's because he sucks the life out of the females by his side...

Or so fan speculation suggests, but then again, this isn't a Pokemon thread. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

That's because he sucks the life out of the females by his side...

Or so fan speculation suggests, but then again, this isn't a Pokemon thread. lol

My point still stands. I just used pokemon as a comparsion. Like I was saying who cares if the ages reset, there's no point in making a big deal about it.

• Thumbs Up 1