Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

6 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Being honest, I'd like another feline in the franchise since Blaze is (SUPPOSED) to exist in a different dimension and can't really coexist with Sonic like the rest of the cast.

A female character, with a persona akin to Sonic himself so we have someone who can throw Sonic's persona/attitude in his own face, kind of give him a taste of the medicine he gives everyone else.

Would make for an interesting plot.

My thought on that is just have Blaze move over to Sonic's world and put Marine in charge of Blaze's world while she's gone.... That can't possibly end bad. =P

Then again I'd take any horrible excuse if it meant bringing Blaze in as a part of the main cast. (>.>)

41 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I sorta fear for blaze, they alway seem to do stuff to her character that i'm not fond of. They have never done anything good with her character ever...

2 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

My thought on that is just have Blaze move over to Sonic's world and put Marine in charge of Blaze's world while she's gone.... That can't possibly end bad. =P

Then again I'd take any horrible excuse if it meant bringing Blaze in as a part of the main cast. (>.>)

Sonic Dimensions. Eggman decides to collect the equivalents of Chaos Emeralds in various other dimensions, figuring Sonic can't stop him in all of them. As Sonic and Tails are dimension-hopping, they find themselves in the Sol Dimension and run into Blaze, who just lost the Sol Emeralds to Eggman. She decides to team up with them to stop Eggman's newest nefarious scheme.

That'd be good for one game, at least, and it'd probably be really fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Being honest, I'd like another feline in the franchise since Blaze is (SUPPOSED) to exist in a different dimension and can't really coexist with Sonic like the rest of the cast.

A female character, with a persona akin to Sonic himself so we have someone who can throw Sonic's persona/attitude in his own face, kind of give him a taste of the medicine he gives everyone else.

Would make for an interesting plot.

You mean like what Shadow was in SA2, or what Scourge was in the comics all the way from birth to death, or what Metal Sonic has tried to be and failed because just a reversal of the personality is a dumb and boring cliche thus making Metal a better character, but genderflipped? Yeah, totally something we need.

And again, Blaze can go wherever she wants, since everyone making this stuff really doesn't care about the laws of the reality Sonic characters inhabit, it's about the characters themselves. Just killing a character outside of the four games she had a reason to appear in is not a good way to structure your series. It's another case of putting something perfectly good to waste by limitation, when what you need to do is push the limitations themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

You mean like what Shadow was in SA2, or what Scourge was in the comics all the way from birth to death, or what Metal Sonic has tried to be and failed because just a reversal of the personality is a dumb and boring cliche thus making Metal a better character, but genderflipped? Yeah, totally something we need.

They... Don't really have Sonic's persona... My experience with them has me believing they are the opposite of Sonic.

Scourge being about dictatorship and greed.

Shadow just... Angst.

Metal Sonic?

He's Shadow, just mute.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

My experience with them

Aaaaaaand that is not my problem! I can't change how you choose to think they were portrayed, so you using that as part of your rebuttal has zero impact on my point.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I sorta fear for blaze, they alway seem to do stuff to her character that i'm not fond of. They have never done anything good with her character ever...

Except for Sonic-06 I haven't seen them do anything bad with her character. And she was great in Sonic Rush.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

They... Don't really have Sonic's persona... My experience with them has me believing they are the opposite of Sonic.

Scourge being about dictatorship and greed.

Shadow just... Angst.

Shadow has a lot more than angst going on, its kind of why he is still here. Along with that, them being different was sort of the appeal. I dunno attempts to create sonic characters with similar temperaments never really seem to work out for the non orginals. 

3 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

Aaaaaaand that is not my problem! I can't change how you choose to think they were portrayed, so you using that as part of your rebuttal has zero impact on my point.

O-Okay... Not sure what I'm supposed to do with that...

And I agree Dreamerz.

Edit

And... What else does he have going exactly Shadowlax? I mean, seems BOOM especially emphasizes the angst. And non-originals? You mean fan characters? That shouldn't really impact what's done/who's made in the official stuff too greatly.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Except for Sonic-06 I haven't seen them do anything bad with her character. And she was great in Sonic Rush.

I kind of don't like they went " oh look a new interesting female character in sonic , she has to like a male character because reasons, she can't... exist by herself and be cool, she must like or be around man, because.... shut up" I would much rather her exist by herself. she was a cool guy character. But its all oh she gets all weird around sonic or silver or whoever... because she is a female in sonic, and must like someone. I don't like, I don't like that at all. I kind of wish she would be by herself, that has consistently ruined her character for me. 

What Chris Knopps means is a character who is a competive friendly rival who shares Sonic's attitude, ego and snarky personality which is basically the tomboy archetype of a girl who the guy underestimates and admits is pretty cool for a girl. I'm fine with another cat as long as it's not purple and name starts with a B.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I kind of don't like they went " oh look a new interesting female character in sonic , she has to like a male character because reasons, she can't... exist by herself and be cool, she must like or be around man, because.... shut up" I would much rather her exist by herself. she was a cool guy character. But its all oh she gets all weird around sonic or silver or whoever... because she is a female in sonic, and must like someone. I don't like, I don't like that at all. I kind of wish she would be by herself, that has consistently ruined her character for me. 

Oy veh... Too "self righteous feminist" sounding for my taste...

I think what was done with Blaze has been fine for the most part. Being around men hasn't done anything bad really. She just grew at the end of Rush and in 06? Sacrifice for the world. She took the spotlight and said "nope my job" basically. I call that bad-ass.

Edit

That's the nail on the head Dude, good on ya. ^^

3 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

That problem only happened in Sonic-06 tho? Which did many things/everything wrong. I haven't seem them treat Blaze this way outside of Sonic-06.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

That problem only happened in Sonic-06 tho? Which did many things/everything wrong. I haven't seem them treat Blaze this way outside of Sonic-06.

there are moments in games like the black knight, and more recently sonic runners, that get on my nerves. 

15 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Oy veh... Too "self righteous feminist" sounding for my taste...

Nah, there is certain, cadence taken with female sonic character that has existed for a while, largely out of sega japan. I'm not someone against relationships, i'll push in the comics bunnie and antione till the end of time. And think that relationships can bring interesting things to people characters. if done well very good. What I don't like is relationships because of proximity. Which is, other character is there, they are other gender, must ship. Blaze and cream big sister little sister relationship. Fantastic, even more so in the comics, with amy in the mix. Amy is way better in the comics. But like their weird attempts to make sonic sonic blaze thing happen multiple times, never felt organic. Just... proximity. He is male main character, there for she must like.  I'm not into that. 

Sticks is a step in a good direction. She is cool girl with boomerang. That's it. Who does she like, who gives a shit. Done. Sonic boom did a lot of bad things, and  a lot of weird well done yet small things they aren't getting credit for. Like how sonic is just some shit in that universe. Like sonic x or the comics where they are like " oh sonic he's the worlds hero" . Nah he's some fuck who lives in a house, we don't even like him that much. Done. Also eggman's entire everything in that universe. 

8 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

there are moments in games like the black knight, and more recently sonic runners, that get on my nerves. 

Nah, there is certain, cadence taken with female sonic character that has existed for a while, largely out of sega japan. I'm not someone against relationships, i'll push in the comics bunnie and antione till the end of time. And think that relationships can bring interesting things to people characters. if done well very good. What I don't like is relationships because of proximity. Which is, other character is there, they are other gender, must ship. Blaze and cream big sister little sister relationship. Fantastic, even more so in the comics, with amy in the mix. Amy is way better in the comics. But like their weird attempts to make sonic sonic blaze thing happen multiple times, never felt organic. Just... proximity. He is male main character, there for she must like.  I'm not into that. 

Sticks is a step in a good direction. She is cool girl with boomerang. That's it. Who does she like, who gives a shit. Done. Sonic boom did a lot of bad things, and  a lot of weird well done yet small things they aren't getting credit for. Like how sonic is just some shit in that universe. Like sonic x or the comics where they are like " oh sonic he's the worlds hero" . Nah he's some fuck who lives in a house, we don't even like him that much. Done. Also eggman's entire everything in that universe. 

...Okay.

I'm sorry but, again, that sounds obnoxiously feminist...

Yay female character being good, huzzah male character being given the boot basically? Yay male villain being more feminine and all that touchy feely jazz...?

Good for your opinion though.

9 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I think you are reading to much into it. Even in Sonic Rush they were promoting more the idea of a friendship with them then it was romantic interest. It's mostly the fans who like to have fun and push the idea of romance.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I think you are reading to much into it. Even in Sonic Rush they were promoting more the idea of a friendship with them then it was romantic interest. It's mostly the fans who like to have fun and push the idea of romance.

I hope so. 

Sticks is still super cool though

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Seems girl relationships are fine but not so much hetero one's. Asides, what was it? Antoine?

I dunno... I'm just not digging the vibe Lax is putting off here with the anti-guy stuff...

I dunno... I'm just not digging the vibe Lax is putting off here with the anti-guy stuff...

I'm not anti guy, i'm not anti anyone. Cool girls being cool by themselves doesn't make guys less cool. 

I'm not anti anyone. Except big the cat. You can put me one, the anti big the cat team. 

Just now, Shadowlax said:

I'm not anti guy, i'm not anti anyone. Cool girls being cool by themselves doesn't make guys less cool. 

I'm not anti anyone. Except big the cat. You can put me one, the anti big the cat team. 

Blaze has done that plenty...

As has Amy, Cream, Shade, Rouge...

I don't understand what you're getting at just by one instance with Blaze.

41 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

.... This is an amazingly bad rebuttal because your paring down of these characters into Sonic personality retreads is an inherently subjective (and frankly wrong) viewpoint in the first place. There's honestly nothing in that part of your post that demands rebuttals aspire to a higher burden of proof than simply the rationality underlying another opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Blaze has done that plenty...

As has Amy, Cream, Shade, Rouge...

I don't understand what you're getting at just by one instance with Blaze.

Blaze hasn't actually done too much, and I would like her to do more, like a lot of other non sonic characters in the games. All I said was, i'm for more plutonic relationships. I don't know what is getting you upset man. 

Also Shade is literally who at this point. And rouge , was shadow's back up dancer for a hot minute. In the games, and in the comics, another character I would like to see just be cool by themselves.  In a game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Aww, come on, look at him.

latest?cb=20090730001019

He's just so memetic!

You really don't want Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 (and Knuckles!)? Or at least more hilariously random cameos like this:

latest?cb=20131106011653

I know what you mean, I'm just joking.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Nepenthe said:

.... This is an amazingly bad rebuttal because your paring down of these characters into Sonic personality retreads is an inherently subjective (and frankly wrong) viewpoint in the first place. There's honestly nothing in that part of your post that demands rebuttals aspire to a higher burden of proof than simply the rationality underlying another opinion.

D-Dude, I barely understand any of what you say most of the time... You must have serious college behind you. @_@

But uh, yeah... Everything you said. (Although my IQ is really coming into question now...)

1 minute ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Aww, come on, look at him.

latest?cb=20090730001019

He's just so memetic!

You really don't want Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 (and Knuckles!)? Or at least more hilariously random cameos like this:

latest?cb=20131106011653

I know what you mean, I'm just joking.

When they announce Shadow revengence , made by platinum, and its just shadow in action game taking dumb shit seriously. I will accept big's fishing adventure, not before~!

• Thumbs Up 1