Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

17 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

But the Wii U already had Lost World, an olympics and Boom.

Thanks for reminding me. Almost forgot the system already has mediocre main title, game from subseries I do not care about, and bad game from other subseries I do not care about. And here I thought SEGA abandoned Wii U fans. *phew*

(Yes, I get the joke. And yes I'm slightly bitter.)

4 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Thanks for reminding me. Almost forgot the system already has mediocre main title, game from subseries I do not care about, and bad game from subseries I do not like. And here I thought SEGA abandoned Wii U fans. *phew*

(Yes, I get the joke.)

I'll go on record and say that Lost World is actually good. The Olympics have pretty much over stayed their welcome at this point since they are just glorified mini games and Boom......the less said the better. I'm pretty sure the major 25th anniversary game will most likely be on the NX and will no doubt have a 3DS counterpart. (I don't blame you for being bitter.)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I'll go on record and say that Lost World is actually good. The Olympics have pretty much over stayed their welcome at this point since they are just glorified mini games and Boom......the less said the better. I'm pretty sure the major 25th anniversary game will most likely be on the NX and will no doubt have a 3DS counterpart.

Lost World is tolerable, admittedly (barring the story/writing), but it's one of those games that I just haven't felt a need to go back to once I finished everything, but that's been my problem with Sonic games 2010-onwards in general. Solid and fun while they last, but not anything I care about when it's all said and done.

As for NX... not sure I buy that, but I haven't really been convinced by rumors of a release this year since it doesn't make sense when it has yet to be officially unveiled. 3DS/N3DS will likely get something, though, but hey, I can hope I get a bone thrown my way.

It does beg the question of where the hell the Pii U is going to fit in all this. For all the talk we've heard from SEGA it's pretty damn clear we're going to see the 25th anniversary game on the Super Platform That is The PC, and by proxy we'll see it on the inferior consoles that wish they were PC's. But the Pii U is a perplexing case, because it's inferior, and it's not trying to be a PC. So quite likely whatever we see on there would be something that's entirely different from whatever is on the superior platforms, and that's if we see anything else.

Sonic has done BADLY on the Wii U. It could be that SEGA just decides that developing for it is just flat out not worth it.

42 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Or you're taking a joke far too seriously. That's also a distinct possibility.

24 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

It does beg the question of where the hell the Pii U is going to fit in all this. For all the talk we've heard from SEGA it's pretty damn clear we're going to see the 25th anniversary game on the Super Platform That is The PC, and by proxy we'll see it on the inferior consoles that wish they were PC's. But the Pii U is a perplexing case, because it's inferior, and it's not trying to be a PC. So quite likely whatever we see on there would be something that's entirely different from whatever is on the superior platforms, and that's if we see anything else.

Sonic has done BADLY on the Wii U. It could be that SEGA just decides that developing for it is just flat out not worth it.

Since I somehow missed the first one, just saying, ya don't need to fire back just because your joke didn't work on someone.

And while I know it looks bad with me responding to the second one due to what camp I'm obviously in, and I generally accept what you're saying with your last sentence, you could have done all this without the PC fanboying. I just want to head this off before we start hearing arguments about consoles or whatever. Just saying, we can criticize Sonic's performance on the system (which I think is a fair enough point) without this sort of thing.

23 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Maybe if they made better games they probably would of preformed better. Yes I know games like 06 and secret rings sold well but something I've been noticing lately is that people are most likely getting sick of mediocre sonic titles. Lost World and Boom were on the 3DS and handhelds usually sell with Sonic, Lost World got ported to steam and didn't do well and just recently SEGA considered runners a failure. 

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Since I somehow missed the first one, just saying, ya don't need to fire back just because your joke didn't work on someone.

Fair enough. Except:

2 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

And while I know it looks bad with me responding to the second one due to what camp I'm obviously in, and I generally accept what you're saying with your last sentence, you could have done all this without the PC fanboying. I just want to head this off before we start hearing arguments about consoles or whatever.

Once again, I don't know if there's some sort of communication disconnect, but I didn't think that would be taken as serious fanboying, using terminology such as the "Super Platform That is The PC", especially when I was complaining about how shit Intel's graphics drivers were that newer graphics architectures fucking break on older titles altogether ending off with a snipe that my nVidia graphics makes another game completely unplayable. I'm well aware that my platform has flaws.

Having said that, yes I agree. Console wars are out of the question in this thread. The point was ultimately that the Wii U might not get a game due to how weak the hardware is, and that Sonic has done rather disastrously bad on it, and on top of the fact that SEGA seems keen on pointing their direction towards the PC (which, by proxy, probably means XOne/PS4 relases).

5 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Maybe if they made better games they probably would of preformed better. Yes I know games like 06 and secret rings sold well but something I've been noticing lately is that people are most likely getting sick of mediocre sonic titles. Lost World and Boom were on the 3DS and handhelds usually sell with Sonic, Lost World got ported to steam and didn't do well and just recently SEGA considered runners a failure. 

But to what extent? The Wii U has only 10 million consoles out. This is versus the 30-50 million on each of the other consoles, and the steadily growing PC gaming community. Hell, even Mario isn't doing that great.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/wiiu.html

5 million sales sounds impressive up until the point you realize that, you know, this is fucking Mario we're talking about.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/wii.html

This is a franchise that's used to casually selling more than 20 million units on a regular basis. If Mario is having a hard time selling up to its usual standard, then what chance in hell does Sonic have?

23 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Once again, I don't know if there's some sort of communication disconnect, but I didn't think that would be taken as serious fanboying, using terminology such as the "Super Platform That is The PC", especially when I was complaining about how shit Intel's graphics drivers were that newer graphics architectures fucking break on older titles altogether ending off with a snipe that my nVidia graphics makes another game completely unplayable. I'm well aware that my platform has flaws.

Having said that, yes I agree. Console wars are out of the question in this thread. The point was ultimately that the Wii U might not get a game due to how weak the hardware is, and that Sonic has done rather disastrously bad on it, and on top of the fact that SEGA seems keen on pointing their direction towards the PC (which, by proxy, probably means XOne/PS4 relases).

Perhaps I was unclear in my own response, but my issue was with the Pii U comments (and this was why I was hesitant since I JUST posted I wanted something to happen for the Wii U), and given the way you were talking about PC, that came off as fanboying to me. If I'm mistaken, my apologies, but I still wanted to head that off because I CAN see that rubbing people the wrong way and starting arguments over PC/Console or whatever.

If it is on the NX, I'd imagine they'd pull a Mario and Sonic Sochi and not make a handheld game to co-incide, in order to try and promote the new console. 

The NX is a rather unknown variable, isn't it? I mean so far that we know, we don't know anything about it beyond rumors, and some of those I've heard are fucking absurd  (such as the thing having a fucking Intel Core i7, fucking get real).

in Sonic's twitter, his location changed from Green Hill Zone to Los Angeles and London. Is that the first time they told us where their new HQ is? (I googled some stuff and only came out Southern California)

Also, on Aaron's twitter about the Deadpool chao

I love how he just took a picture in front of 1998 Sonic

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, Zaysho said:

As for NX... not sure I buy that, but I haven't really been convinced by rumors of a release this year since it doesn't make sense when it has yet to be officially unveiled. 3DS/N3DS will likely get something, though, but hey, I can hope I get a bone thrown my way.

Unfortunately, I am more or less convinced that Fire & Ice is our 3DS game for this year.  If it was due to release earlier in the year, I'd say a non-Boom game was a possibility, but the last we heard of it it was even due to release in the typical fall window, the same period in which the anniversary game is most likely to launch, and I really don't think Sega is going to risk cannibalising their own sales by launching two different Sonic 3DS titles within a month or two of each other.  (Contrast to Mario & Sonic 2016 on 3DS, which'll probably end up being half a year or so advanced on F&I.)  I would further speculate that this may have been the true reason for the F&I delay (with further development work being an incidental result, à la Rayman Legends), and possibly even a response to complaints about the 3DS games no longer being original titles (in typical Sega "but you asked for this!" style).

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

The NX is a rather unknown variable, isn't it? I mean so far that we know, we don't know anything about it beyond rumors, and some of those I've heard are fucking absurd  (such as the thing having a fucking Intel Core i7, fucking get real).

The latest round of NX rumours (from a reliable source iirc) made it sound on a par with PS4/XBONE, so there's that. 

But SEGA would have to be idiots to go for another round of Nintendo exclusivity, and I'm frankly surprised they did it for the Wii U, which had 'dead console walking' vibes all over it since it released. SEGA seem loyal to Nintendo, for some reason, throwing the Wii U Bayonetta 2 as well, even though it made terrible financial sense. I think they're the most loyal third party publisher to the Wii U? 

It's hard to say, but I'd imagine the sales figures for the Wii U titles would send a strong message to SEGA that a prolonged period of Nintendo Exclusivity was a mistake, but it's SEGA, they'll probably announce a three game deal for the Vita at this rate.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hyp3hat said:

But SEGA would have to be idiots to go for another round of Nintendo exclusivity

qgiMHWL.jpg

But seriously they'll likely aim for PS4/Xbox One hardware with their next Sonic games, which would likely mean no Wii U version unless they aren't pushing what they can do graphically. I could see the games being ported to NX if its hardware is good enough.

14 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

But the Wii U already had Lost World, an olympics and Boom.

So kick it while it's down, eh?

• Thumbs Up 2

The amount of Classic Sonic branding we're seeing for the 25th Anniversary is kind of interesting. Makes ya wonder.......

what the fanrage will look like when only BAAWWW Green Eyes Sonic shows up!

I luv the new shirts!! The lineart classic emblem, the sprites...they're so cute and lovable <3 I hope they come out with Knuckles and Tails sprite shirts too.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

They didn't actually. Sonic 2006 did around 900K at best and Secret Rings never showed up on Sega's FY / sales quarter results at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay... This is something strange. One picture. Only TWO hashtags. Just a promotion of an event in Sonic Dash. But this image is... strange... Not a character model or art, not even a meme. Just this minimalistic thingy...

0.jpg