Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

Yeah that's Blaze. Or Espio... or someone purple, it's a character announcement.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Kfarc said:

Okay... This is something strange. One picture. Only TWO hashtags. Just a promotion of an event in Sonic Dash. But this image is... strange... Not a character model or art, not even a meme. Just this minimalistic thingy...

0.jpg

It's promoting Espio being available in all versions of Sonic Dash now.

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

I know. But no funny hashtags. Even a little bit... Maybe I'm a little bit paranoic:P

16 minutes ago, Supt. Gabe said:

They didn't actually. Sonic 2006 did around 900K at best and Secret Rings never showed up on Sega's FY / sales quarter results at all.

Wait really? You have a link to that?

7 hours ago, Hyp3hat said:

SEGA seem loyal to Nintendo, for some reason, throwing the Wii U Bayonetta 2 as well, even though it made terrible financial sense.

They didn't throw Bayonetta 2 at the Wii U. It's been well known for quite some time that Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have even been made without Nintendo's support. Platinum made it quite clear that they didn't have the funds to finish the game, that it was pitched to multiple publishers and that Nintendo was the only one who ended up ponying up the cash.

Being that games Nintendo bankroll and publish are for use only on their systems is your reason for the exclusivity. It not being on PlayStation or Xbox is due to Sony and Microsoft not being interested in paying the bill pure and simple.

I imagine Nintendo would have given Sega an NX development kit being one of the bigger developers and publisher's out there, if it's as easy to port games to the NX as the new rumors have been saying then I wouldn't be shocked to see the anniversary game release on NX too depending on the consoles projected release date.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Don't know why Secret Rings wasn't listed in their FY results since it did EXTREMELY well according to leaks, having sold over a million in the US alone.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=163118596&postcount=543

And about why Sega went Wii U exclusive for Sonic, the leak also shows that Transformed on Wii U outsold the PS3 and 360 versions combined in the US.

I bring this up so often, people seem to forget, I mean I brought this up in my history article for pete's sake. :P Read it, you might learn a few things. ;)

6 minutes ago, Detective Hero of Legend said:

Don't know why Secret Rings wasn't listed in their FY results since it did EXTREMELY well according to leaks, having sold over a million in the US alone.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=163118596&postcount=543

And about why Sega went Wii U exclusive for Sonic, the leak also shows that Transformed on Wii U outsold the PS3 and 360 versions combined in the US.

I bring this up so often, people seem to forget, I mean I brought this up in my history article for pete's sake. :P Read it, you might learn a few things. ;)

That post doesn't give the numbers to all the games though. I'm not doubting it's source I'm just pointing that out.

20 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Really? I can get Espio in the Windows 10 version of the first one?

6 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

That post doesn't give the numbers to all the games though. I'm not doubting it's source I'm just pointing that out.

It's basically most from SA1 and onward.

And leaked US numbers for Lost World and Boom have surfaced, however they're very outdated. But basically LW started out at 30k on both systems together in their first month, but quickly gained momentum and each version got to over 100k in the US by April 2014 if not earlier. Boom had a higher start IIRC than LW but I'll have to find that post again. But nothing was posted since.

37 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Sonic 2006 did 870K according to their 2007 FY report. Secret Rings is a no-show on their 2008 FY report.

36 minutes ago, Tenko said:

They didn't throw Bayonetta 2 at the Wii U. It's been well known for quite some time that Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have even been made without Nintendo's support. Platinum made it quite clear that they didn't have the funds to finish the game, that it was pitched to multiple publishers and that Nintendo was the only one who ended up ponying up the cash.

Worth noting though that Sega in 2012 took some huge losses when their 2011 FY ended, and the company announced they were canning a lot of projects that were in development and narrowing their IP focus down to their top performers. Bayonetta 2 (which was in development at the time) likely wound up being a statistic of those projects put on the chopping block, and I think the game would had seen the light of day without Nintendo's aid under different circumstances, especially since the first game made decent sales (on top of being well-received) and Sega still holding publishing rights to the title (even though Nintendo funded it).

18 hours ago, Kfarc said:

Okay... This is something strange. One picture. Only TWO hashtags. Just a promotion of an event in Sonic Dash. But this image is... strange... Not a character model or art, not even a meme. Just this minimalistic thingy...

0.jpg

That looks like espio's eye to me

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Tenko said:

Being that games Nintendo bankroll and publish are for use only on their systems is your reason for the exclusivity. It not being on PlayStation or Xbox is due to Sony and Microsoft not being interested in paying the bill pure and simple.

I imagine Nintendo would have given Sega an NX development kit being one of the bigger developers and publisher's out there, if it's as easy to port games to the NX as the new rumors have been saying then I wouldn't be shocked to see the anniversary game release on NX too depending on the consoles projected release date.

Aye, my mistake - I thought SEGA were still publishing Bayonetta. 

@Supt. Gabe

Worth noting though that Sega in 2012 took some huge losses when their 2011 FY ended, and the company announced they were canning a lot of projects that were in development and narrowing their IP focus down to their top performers. Bayonetta 2 (which was in development at the time) likely wound up being a statistic of those projects put on the chopping block, and I think the game would had seen the light of day without Nintendo's aid under different circumstances, especially since the first game made decent sales (on top of being well-received) and Sega still holding publishing rights to the title (even though Nintendo funded it).

This also makes sense, thank you both for clarifying

9 hours ago, Michael Myers said:

Those numbers can't be world wide, right?

US only, they're leaks from NPD which only cover US.

1 hour ago, Detective Hero of Legend said:

US only, they're leaks from NPD which only cover US.

Thought so. Otherwise that would have been some horrific numbers.

Just another heads up just in case, turns out the SXSW stream will be hosted for a Motobug stream after all.

Link: http://taima.tv/r/Motobug

March 19th, 4:30 PM - 5:15 EST/8:30 PM - 9:15 PM GMT

It likely won't have any 25th anni game announcements, but it'll be fun to see what they have to show for us all the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

It likely won't have any 25th anni game announcements, but it'll be fun to see what they have to show for us all the same.

I thought it was already confirmed, no new games will be announced there. Excited to see what they'll show us anyway.

On 3/9/2016 at 9:37 PM, True Detective Soni said:

This can't be for real, I mean who the FUCK asked for a Sonic SIMS?! FUCKING WHO?!

Well...

I always did say I wanted an Eggmanland tycoon or RTS game. My bad.

On 3/11/2016 at 9:20 AM, 二重生活 said:

B99HR5G.jpg

Wow!

As tired as I am of the classic stuff, my biased personality would force me to take the shirt on the left.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Ok....

So this originally got posted in the other 25th topic and I decided to try and do some digging and.... it's the funniest thing I have seen so far this year. Why am I posting it? I suspect this guy might attempt to hype this as being real very shortly, I'm here to tell you that its not official, or if it is... may god have mercy on us all.

Does anyone remember when this got found? A copywrite claim for 'Sonic the Hedgehog, Genesis' So anyway, I emailed the person on the contact details to ask as to what it was... and... I got a reply. 

The long and short of it was that this guy was the lead on a movie team who was working with Sony Pictures, or who had at least been to Sony pictures, MGM and a few other places to pitch a Sonic movie. 

Here is a quote I'm sure you'll love.

Part scientific, fantasy and batman! 

Instantly alarm bells started to ring... anyway... since October this guy has been emailing TSS on and off about his movie, most of the time I've not bothered to reply and each time it sounds even more ridiculous or unprofessional, for starters, all the emails come from an @live account and they also contain a number of errors even contradicting his own project.

So I eventually asked 'are you a fan film' to which he replied with "No we're not a fan film" and made more claims about how this was a processional thing and started to drop the big names to back it up, all the while offering no proof of the project.

But my god guys... the claims. Did you know, his team recently finished work on the new Star Wars movie? There's also tons of other names who he's not sure if he can mention. 

Anyway... last night he sent an email saying I was free to post stuff on TSS (that's not happening), along with a press release.. Here it is. The formatting from the PDF to SSMB has not been kind so it's not as bad as it looks, but it's still pretty bad, yes those are all the original spelling and grammar errors.

Here is the Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3j0gqUQ433sthjwE9smkSA It doesn't exist.

So I did a little more digging and found the google+ page... would you like to see what the people who used to work on Star Wars made? 

C5yVU8m.jpg

That would be.... man with painted Sonic face... holding what looks like a machete, possibly a phone I can't quite tell.

At worst, this is someone's April Fools joke which they've been planning since October 2015 which hasn't fooled anyone, at best it's a fan film.

Anyway. Trademark mystery solved, so many more questions come from it, none of which I want answers to.

PENDERS!

That HAS to be an April Fools joke because this can't be real. Even for fan film standards this can't be real considering the people "involved". Even the Super Mario Bros movie felt more accurate to the source material!

• Thumbs Up 2

Ben Kalough returns...?

Something tells me this is going to have to do with the Sonic social media shenanigans.

• Thumbs Up 2