Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

@Continued talk of the lyrics

Hmm. Perhaps it's referencing things related to Sonic we've heard in the past two months and giving signs of what's to come in the future? It seems very vague and i wonder if it connects to the previous Madeon-related ARG.

So we can pretty accurately lay out the timeframe of events over the coming months now.

21st March - likely nothing happening

1st April - Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 (most likely a joke)

LONG SPAN OF NOTHING

July 22nd - New Sonic game announced

September 27th - Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice released

October - New Sonic game released

8 minutes ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

So we can pretty accurately lay out the timeframe of events over the coming months now.

21st March - likely nothing happening

4th April - Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 (most likely a joke)

LONG SPAN OF NOTHING

July 22nd - New Sonic game announced

September 27th - Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice released

October - New Sonic game released

Big is April 1 and I doubt it's a joke. Probably a browser game.

31 minutes ago, TCB said:

Well yeah. But given how the recent months played out I find it better to not get so hung up on what he meant by those words.

There's nothing cryptic about what he said. He said there was no promise of any announcement for new games at the 25th Anniversary event. It's a cut-and-dry reminder not to have that expectation in mind when visiting.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Marcello said:

Big is April 1 and I doubt it's a joke. Probably a browser game.

Whup, yeah, sorry. As a Brit, I get confused by the American reversal of dates. Plus, I'm half-asleep right now.

Fixed.

Anyone notice the greek characters in the background?

"Ρεδ ηερρνγ"

Google translate says this means "Red ierring"

Maybe he meant Red Herring?

ohman.png

Edit:  In case anyone doesn't know what a red herring is, it's when someone leads you into a misleading direction about something, in an attempt to distract you from what is really going on.

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

There's nothing cryptic about what he said. He said there was no promise of any announcement for new games at the 25th Anniversary event. It's a cut-and-dry reminder not to have that expectation in mind when visiting.

I don't think I was saying what he said was cryptic. Quite the opposite. Don't expect what you want to expect to happen there. And yeah that's literally what people should get by what you said. Was just tripped up by what you were trying to say, as usual lol.

Anyway this 'SEGA Retrospective' looks like a regurgitation of the panel from earlier, likely with the Q&A they wasn't able to fit into the panel earlier.

8 minutes ago, AphexPhreak said:

Anyone notice the greek characters in the background?

"Ρεδ ηερρνγ"

Google translate says this means "Red ierring"

Maybe he meant Red Herring?

ohman.png

Edit:  In case anyone doesn't know what a red herring is, it's when someone leads you into a misleading direction about something, in an attempt to distract you from what is really going on.

Yes that is Red Herring. The letters are greek. Basically Aaron spelled red herring with greek letters.

Just watching the Recap session they're doing and they've hit the announcements section again.

"Nothing is going to happen on 4/1"

"NOTHING is going to happen on 4/1"

"No but seriously nothing's going to happen on 4/1 so please don't expect anything"

I see.

1 minute ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

Just watching the Recap session they're doing and they've hit the announcements section again.

"No but seriously nothing's going to happen on 4/1 so please don't expect anything"

I see.

'Recap session'? What? Where?

3 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

I see.

2 minutes ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

'Recap session'? What? Where?

It's over. It was said to be a SEGA retrospective but they literally just went through the retrospective again in a slightly more casual manner, even using the same slideshow.

There wasn't anything new actually revealed mind you.

2 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

It's over. It was said to be a SEGA retrospective but they literally just went through the retrospective again in a slightly more casual manner, even using the same slideshow.

There wasn't anything new actually revealed mind you.

Well, there were no new announcements. But they did go into more detail with the interviews, and questions that weren't asked during the panel were asked there.

I noticed some words appeared for a moment, during that Big's Fishing Adventure trailer I think. Can the stream be rewatched somewhere?

The only way I can see Big's Adventure 3 being an actual thing is as a ARG or flash game or something. Definitely not an actual retail game, though, as Aaron clarified on that in the second stream.

The last time we got "red herring" as a hint, it lead up to being absolutely nothing. So I'm taking it with the slightest grain of salt.

So. Wait. Hold on. Holy shit. I just fucking realized something.

Sonic 25th is going to be classic centric. The series is going back to its roots, yet again.

We see the return of Ben Kalough, he's apparently alive. Significant numbers are a 4 and a 3.

"Red herring" is one of the hints just recently dropped.

Are you seriously fucking telling me that the 25th anniversary game is Sonic 4 Episode III?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

So. Wait. Hold on. Holy shit. I just fucking realized something.

Sonic 25th is going to be classic centric. The series is going back to its roots, yet again.

We see the return of Ben Kalough, he's apparently alive. Significant numbers are a 4 and a 3.

"Red herring" is one of the hints just recently dropped.

Are you seriously fucking telling me that the 25th anniversary game is Sonic 4 Episode III?

Not this again. Anyway, Sonic 4 features Sonic with his Adventure-onwards design, so what kind of "classic" game would that be?

• Thumbs Up 1

All right then, what's your bright suggestion then? Why are things like Ben Kalough being brought back? Why was Red Herring one of the hints? What's with the 4 and the 3?

Just now, shdowhunt60 said:

All right then, what's your bright suggestion then? Why are things like Ben Kalough being brought back? Why was Red Herring one of the hints? What's with the 4 and the 3?

I don't have a suggestion. I'm simply waiting for actual news about whatever Sonic game we get, and I just don't think it's very likely that a downloadable installment in a series few people like will be the big Sonic game of the year (or even be released at all).

And please don't insult me.

5 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

If you want to be really pedantic, the red herring never actually ended up being for anything so it in of itself was a red herring for Hedgehog Day 2013. If you were to connect it to any game it'd be Lost World which we found out about a few months afterwards.