Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

2 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

I don't have a suggestion. I'm simply waiting for actual news about whatever Sonic game we get, and I just don't think it's very likely that a downloadable installment in a series few people like will be the big Sonic game of the year (or even be released at all).

And please don't insult me.

SEGA's done stupider things.

Sorry, but I'm looking at what's been given here, and that's the conclusion I draw. It's a stretch, but once again, this is from the company that never fails to surprise.

Man, there's no way they're gonna make us wait untill July to reveal the game. Sonic's birthday is in June, and so is E3.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

If you want to be really pedantic, the red herring never actually ended up being for anything so it in of itself was a red herring for Hedgehog Day 2013. If you were to connect it to any game it'd be Lost World which we found out about a few months afterwards.

Fair enough. But it doesn't really explain the 4 and the 3. The only thing else I can extrapolate from this is that apparently October is when this theoretical game is going to be released.

1 minute ago, Jango said:

Man, there's no way they're gonna make us wait untill July to reveal the game. Sonic's birthday is in June, and so is E3.

July seems far too late to throw out an announcement too. Hell, I'd argue that today was a perfect day for anything big to happen. I mean, could you imagine the poetic beauty of having Yuji Naka announce the 25th anniversary Sonic game?

But SEGA seems extraordinarily keen on keeping everything as tight-lipped as possible. That's par for the course, but whatever.

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

I'd be mad about this too, but I guess they're pulling a 10 Cloverfield Lane here, as in keeping quiet about a big project and then announcing it close to release so the hype phase isn't as long and/or painful as many projects that have a trailer released months or a year before their release. No E3 coverage is questionable as hell, but maybe there's an inside reason for such a late announcement, and it makes me optimistic about Sonic Team cooking up something big, with an Unleashed-sized production value. How long has it been since Sonic Team "A" put something out, like, 4.5 years? (holy shit, Generations is that old) Generations was released three years after Unleashed (also made by Sonic Team "B") and it was amazing, so just imagine what about 5 years of development's allowing them to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

SEGA's done stupider things.

Sorry, but I'm looking at what's been given here, and that's the conclusion I draw. It's a stretch, but once again, this is from the company that never fails to surprise.

O-kay, have it your way, but I just don't see it. Anyway, between Adventure 2, Sonic '06 (crappy as it was, it was certainly ambitious), and Generations, I think we can expect them to go all out for this anniversary title, too, and not settle for making a downloadable title.

We already went through this.

The 4 and 3 were a coincidence.

Both me and Skyler even said this in the thread previously.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Hyper Enesephus said:

O-kay, have it your way, but I just don't see it. Anyway, between Adventure 2, Sonic '06 (crappy as it was, it was certainly ambitious), and Generations, I think we can expect them to go all out for this anniversary title, too, and not settle for making a downloadable title.

Why not? SEGA's CEO has made it clear that the focus was going to be placed towards digital sales on Mobile and on PC. Granted, Iizuka himself has stated that he doesn't plan on stopping from making console releases any time soon.

I hope I'm wrong here. I want another big Sonic game again. It's been far too long. And maybe now, the time's right to do it again. Sonic's always had some of his biggest releases when the series was in something of a rut. The timing would be right, but SEGA's anything if absolutely unpredictable.

3 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

We already went through this.

The 4 and 3 were a coincidence.

Both me and Skyler even said this in the thread previously.

Well, sorry then. Arron's got us digging for the most cryptic bullshit while we wait for SEGA to say SOMETHING that it's not hard to fall into the trap of finding information anywhere.

3 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Well, sorry then. Arron's got us digging for the most cryptic bullshit while we wait for SEGA to say SOMETHING that it's not hard to fall into the trap of finding information anywhere.

You guys really think this is bad? You weren't around for The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth's ARG then.

Just now, SSF1991 said:

You guys really think this is bad? You weren't around for The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth's ARG then.

No, but I was around for Halo 2's absurdity.

You wanna know why people like me are worked up over crap like this? It's because we're scared shitless.

Sonic's recent runabouts with Nintendo were disastrous, with just about every Nintendo released Sonic title in the past 4 years selling catastrophically bad, not to mention that Rise of Lyric is one of the worst received games of all time.

Then in the middle of it all, SEGA's entirely absent from E3, Fire and Ice gets delayed, recurring elements that some of us don't like keep reappearing, and we get a new CEO that talks about how some of the fanbase might be left behind. I'm seeing friends and fan artists that I used to follow closely all over the place giving up on the franchise.

So. Yeah. To say that I'm chewing on my nails in sheer anticipation, desperately wanting to know what the hell is going to go on, is and understatement.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, shdowhunt60 said:

You wanna know why people like me are worked up over crap like this? It's because we're scared shitless.

What is there to be scared of? SEGA making sure their ducks are in a row is nothing to be scared of. If anything, it's something promising. I'd rather have SEGA make sure everything is sorted first, then focus on making a good game.

This is a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 6

Bit of fun going on on twitter accounts with Hexadecimal code.

the secret lies with nujabes

The third time is the charm. It will be big.

"needlemouse journey tri is compromised

May be more, keep your eyes and Hexadecimal translators ready. May all be fun and games but hey, it's an easier code than random numbers right?

EDIT: IT'S FAKE. FAKE TWITTER'S GUYS, SORRY.

15 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Welcome to the Sonic fanbase, we've been teetering on the edge for years now.

This doesn't actually justify wild leaps of logic, though. We'll know what's going on when they're ready to tell us.

• Thumbs Up 6

10 minutes ago, Detective Tenth Doctor said:

Really? Oh well, thought Jun's was real. I'll edit my post.

Jun only ever posts through Crush 40's account. So yeah, that's what instantly set off alarm bells for me.

So if they are not trolling, they actually are skipping E3 and probably will announce "the new game" late july. This made made me feel like "wathever dude.....". My hype really dropped from 89 to 26.

Where did they say they were skipping E3? SEGA of Europe is already confirmed to be there anyway, so we already know SEGA will be at E3.

• Thumbs Up 6

31 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Am I the only one here that's not worried about the next Sonic game? Unleashed was fantastic, if flawed, Colors was also fantastic, Generations was good for what it was, and Lost World is pretty good. I realize not everyone will share my opinions on these games, but with this string of good games after 2006 (excluding spinoffs), I can't help but feel the 25th anniversary title will at least be good.

I'm not worried about it being good. I'm more worried about it being inspired, which was something Lost World was lacking.

9 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Where did they say they were skipping E3? SEGA of Europe is already confirmed to be there anyway, so we already know SEGA will be at E3.

What i ment was that this "new game" seems to be announced in late july. E3 is mid-june. I didn't mean SEGA would skip E3, i knew SEGA of Europe would be there, but they don't have anything to do with the Sonic franchise. 

Oh, the new game skipping E3.

Well Aaron said they're not necessarily revealing new game info at the event. So there's still plenty of room for speculation.

• Thumbs Up 5

I can top the Generations April announcement.

Colors was revealed in June.

So was Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

I can top the Generations April announcement.

People actually knew about Colors in late May.

2 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

So september 2017 release?

2 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Im ok with this. Just around that E3 corner.

Offcourse, the game could be announced at anytime. And they won't say "the game will be announced at july 22nd and will be released this fall". It just feels funky with all this teasing. Theese numbers for example was "just" a tease for the event. And to someone who would not attend such an event or even can't attend it, it's just nothing.