Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

People actually knew about Colors in late May.

Same thing. =P

1 minute ago, Drunken Detective Myers said:

So september 2017 release?

Well they confirmed Fire & Ice for September 2016, and I highly doubt it will get delayed again, but they revealed it in June last year.

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

Well they confirmed Fire & Ice for September 2016, and I highly doubt it will get delayed again, but they revealed it in June last year.

I was just kidding. Should have used the ;) for that one. But i hate those things.

Just now, Drunken Detective Myers said:

I was just kidding. Should have used the ;) for that one. But i hate those things.

I used to be the same way, but I eventually started using them since they do help convey certain emotions easier in text. Nothing will ever make me use "LOL," or anything like it, though. Typing it just now made me feel dirty.

What do we even know about Fire & Ice? Sega's practically been hiding that game under the rug with a few exceptions, such as today, so it's a weird exception.

Colors arguably wasn't meant to be as major of a game as Generations was. Generations was the 20th anniversary game after all, and this is the 25th anniversary game we're talking about. Putting aside the fact that Colors was actually good, it wasn't meant to receive as much focus and advertising from Sega as Generations was.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's not the point. Both games were revealed halfway into the year, much later than we are currently at.

1 minute ago, McGroose said:

What do we even know about Fire & Ice?

Um... it's "Shattered Crystal: Less Tedious Edition?" I got nothing else.

Anyway, I feel like this year's game should be announced around the time Generations was, but I guess that's just the news-thirsty side of me talking.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Um... it's "Shattered Crystal: Less Tedious Edition?" I got nothing else.

Fire & ice is Shattered Crystal: Less Tedious and More Content Edition with Elemental Powers. That's how you sum it up.

Just now, True Detective Soni said:

Fire & ice is Shattered Crystal: Less Tedious and More Content Edition with Elemental Powers. That's how you sum it up.

Oh, yeah. Also, Eggman's apparently actually in it (for more than a few seconds in a silhouetted computer cameo), so it's automatically better.

9 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Anyway, I feel like this year's game should be announced around the time Generations was, but I guess that's just the news-thirsty side of me talking.

I feel that if they have a big game on the way that is to be releases this year and SEGA/Sonic Team is very confident in it's quality, they should show it as early as possible to get the buzz going.

On the other hand, showing something that looks amazing and polished in mid july, the biggest drought in gaming(both releases and news) every year, is pretty smart.

2 minutes ago, Adamabba said:

I'm hoping we get some more info from whatever BBFA3 is gonna be.

Whatever it is, I can assure you it's gonna be... big.

I couldn't help it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just watched the panel, bits of interesting stuff. Nothing much that fans wouldn't already know, especially older or well researched one's. Was a little disappointing, tho seeing all those important people from Sonic's past and present in one room for a 45min panel has me agreeing with Hogfather even more. Considering it was rather lackluster it makes me wonder what they are all actually together for. Are the old team members helping on the new game? Or perhaps filming a new Sonic history doco for a collector's version of whatever the new game is. Is gotten me curious.

At this point, I think SoA doesn't know about new Sonic either like we don't too. And they don't know when to reveal a game or hint its teaser, patiently waiting for approval from SoJ and Sonic Team. I'm judging that by how Aaron said there is no news for Sonic and he just posts memes and as we discovered he was recently hinting not the game even but some event in America that SoA has full control of. Are the regional divisions of SEGA even working together in relation to Sonic? Or is it just "SoJ to SoA: You have Sonic Boom, do whatever you want with it and promote Sonic while we're doing legacy Sonic game. Wait until we're done, we'll let you know when to say stuff". 

That's how I see. Maybe I'm wrong.

Something that really concerned me about the panel was Aaron's description of Fire and Ice.

He was incredibly careful with his words; he said he's 'played it', but notice he didn't say he liked it or thought it was good/great/awesome/outstanding/amazing, just that it's something he "hopes [we'll] look forward to."

The fact that he danced around actually praising the game doesn't instill me with much confidence for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Spееdy said:

At this point, I think SoA doesn't know about new Sonic either like we don't too. And they don't know when to reveal a game or hint its teaser, patiently waiting for approval from SoJ and Sonic Team. I'm judging that by how Aaron said there is no news for Sonic and he just posts memes and as we discovered he was recently hinting not the game even but some event in America that SoA has full control of. Are the regional divisions of SEGA even working together in relation to Sonic? Or is it just "SoJ to SoA: You have Sonic Boom, do whatever you want with it and promote Sonic while we're doing legacy Sonic game. Wait until we're done, we'll let you know when to say stuff". 

That's how I see. Maybe I'm wrong.

Of course SoA knows what the new game is. They're just not ready to launch it's marketing campaign yet.

So, I just rewatched the thing for a news article... and it seems that people didn't notice this so far.

Someone please translate this. xD

11 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Am I the only one here that's not worried about the next Sonic game? Unleashed was fantastic, if flawed, Colors was also fantastic, Generations was good for what it was, and Lost World is pretty good. I realize not everyone will share my opinions on these games, but with this string of good games after 2006 (excluding spinoffs), I can't help but feel the 25th anniversary title will at least be good.

But I don't want just a good game, I want a GREAT game with the production value and story/characterisation of Unleashed. I mean nice if this game ends up being just good, but I want a Sonic game that blows me away again. And I know I'm not the only one who wants this! 

Anyway the wait is going to be tough, but I'm sure we'll see something at E3. No way they're keeping us in the dark until July! 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Ruki185 said:

So, I just rewatched the thing for a news article... and it seems that people didn't notice this so far.

Someone please translate this. xD

Just translated the first two words, but it should be:

Power of the will, Julius and Augustus

• Thumbs Up 1

I think what they might be driving at now is that the real reveal could be literally any point in time between now and Winter 2016. This latest set is so specific and broad with months that they're deliberately throwing us off the trail with no direction to go in. 

According to SonicWindBlue, it probably refers to the months June, July and August, since Webber took 2 specific lines from that. 

Or there are more things in the panel to uncover, I watched it for like 3 times now, didn't notice anything else.