Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

Soo... June and July are obvius (Sonic's birthday and that 25th aniversery event) but what he want's from August?

To sum up: we have 21st March (not sure if still valid), April first (BBFA3), Sonic's birthday at June 23rd and that event at July 22nd. And one strange lyrics. And also we have an unawsered nod to Madeon. Did I counted down all of it?

57 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

But I don't want just a good game, I want a GREAT game with the production value and story/characterisation of Unleashed. I mean nice if this game ends up being just good, but I want a Sonic game that blows me away again. And I know I'm not the only one who wants this! 

Anyway the wait is going to be tough, but I'm sure we'll see something at E3. No way they're keeping us in the dark until July! 

I think it's not that the game needs to be a flawless masterpiece that blows us away, it needs to actually feel like a Sonic game that appeals to us, the people that actually like the franchise, its characters, the lore, the music played by bands that made Sonic music unique, and the speedy platforming gameplay. If it at least does that I think it will at the very least be something engaging for us. Sonic Colors and Lost World, by Iizuka's own admission were designed to appeal to Mario fans, and Rise of Lyric was designed for Jak and Daxter fans.

All SEGA needs to do is stop trying to get people that either don't like or care about Sonic to get into the series, they never will. Make an actual Sonic game that appeals to us, the people that actually like the franchise and what it stood for back in its glory days.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think bigs fishing adventure 3 is the sonic game we have all been waiting for.

or not.

Sorry but what was the point in the convention again? I know they said no new game announcement would be presented but seriously not even a tease for specualtion? All the numbers just  meant another convention? You expect me to fall for it twice? No.

This going to sound like I'm bitching but please hear me out that's not my intent, I genuinely feel let down and led on. Sonic Lost world was released October 2013. So I waited all of 2014 with no news but thats fine, hey it's only a year. Then 2015 came and they said to us, I quote, 2015 was meant to be "The year of Sonic". With a name like that I expcted a game announcement, and what did we get? Sonic Boom. I'm not going to go too deep into wether Sonic Boom is bad or not, I didn't like it personally but if you did then great :) It just wasn't something to do with the main Sonic series. Especially when the last game we got was Lost World, I mean c'mon, really?
I completely understand that rushing a game just to meet some peoples needs is completely out of the question, I just want a teaser video or even just a single image!

I feel like I've been played for a fool and this convention happened for the simple fact to try and round up some hype in the Sonic Community and generate some new fans/get old fans to get interested in the series for when they do announce the new game. Which is a good marketing and promotion teqhinique but not when we've been waiting since 2014.  Then when he said there might not be an announcement at the 25th Anniversary event either, Why are we even bothering?

For the longest god damn time now I've been waiting... waiting... waiting... and for what? I'm not trying to hate here I gues I am being a little impatient, but I've waited more than 2 years now and all I want is the slightest hint of information about the new project.. Don't we deserve that? I have no doubt what they are going to announce will be amazing and I have faith in SEGA/Sonic Team for that..
I'm just saying i'm one of those fans who's hype has started to plummit and I'll be excited when they announce it yeah, but I probably wont be anywhere near as enthusiastic about it as I would of been mid 2015/ very early 2016.

We've stuck by Sonic/Sega/Sonic Team through the thick and thin, through the glitched full and unfinished games, when it seemed there was no hope we still stook with you, so you knew you wasn't alone. I never stopped loving Sonic but I mean this with all my heart and it hurts to say. After waiting so long, being teased and teased but with no new info.

Metaphorically, I don't feel like Sonic loves me anymore.

I refuse to be teased and treat with no respect after we stuck by you guys, You cannot just make us wait two years with nothing new AT ALL. Thank you SEGA for giving me the greatest video game character and all of the fun memories, I respect and love you for that. Though I cannot forgive you for this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fans of Metroid and F-Zero would bat us over the head for losing it over a few year's gap between games.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, LiamTheAnimator said:

Fans of Metroid and F-Zero would bat us over the head for losing it over a few year's gap between games.

Would Spyro qualify as well?

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

I'm speaking as someone who IS a fan of Metroid. A big one.

4 minutes ago, StereoPix3l said:

Sorry but what was the point in the convention again? I know they said no new game announcement would be presented but seriously not even a tease for specualtion? All the numbers just  meant another convention? You expect me to fall for it twice? No.

This going to sound like I'm bitching but please hear me out that's not my intent, I genuinely feel let down and led on. Sonic Lost world was released October 2013. So I waited all of 2014 with no news but thats fine, hey it's only a year. Then 2015 came and they said to us, I quote, 2015 was meant to be "The year of Sonic". With a name like that I expcted a game announcement, and what did we get? Sonic Boom. I'm not going to go too deep into wether Sonic Boom is bad or not, I didn't like it personally but if you did then great :) It just wasn't something to do with the main Sonic series. Especially when the last game we got was Lost World, I mean c'mon, really?
I completely understand that rushing a game just to meet some peoples needs is completely out of the question, I just want a teaser video or even just a single image!

I feel like I've been played for a fool and this convention happened for the simple fact to try and round up some hype in the Sonic Community and generate some new fans/get old fans to get interested in the series for when they do announce the new game. Which is a good marketing and promotion teqhinique but not when we've been waiting since 2014.  Then when he said there might not be an announcement at the 25th Anniversary event either, Why are we even bothering?

For the longest god damn time now I've been waiting... waiting... waiting... and for what? I'm not trying to hate here I gues I am being a little impatient, but I've waited more than 2 years now and all I want is the slightest hint of information about the new project.. Don't we deserve that? I have no doubt what they are going to announce will be amazing and I have faith in SEGA/Sonic Team for that..
I'm just saying i'm one of those fans who's hype has started to plummit and I'll be excited when they announce it
yeah, but I probably wont be anywhere near as enthusiastic about it as I would of been mid 2015/ very early 2016.

We've stuck by Sonic/Sega/Sonic Team through the thick and thin, through the glitched full and unfinished games, when it seemed there was no hope we still stook with you, so you knew you wasn't alone. I never stopped loving Sonic but I mean this with all my heart and it hurts to say. After waiting so long, being teased and teased but with no new info.

Metaphorically, I don't feel like Sonic loves me anymore.

I refuse to be teased and treat with no respect after we stuck by you guys, You cannot just make us wait two years with nothing new AT ALL. Thank you SEGA for giving me the greatest video game character and all of the fun memories, I respect and love you for that. Though I cannot forgive you for this.

As much as I did enjoy the panel, I can see what you're saying, and I definitely agree with the bolded portion. I'll definitely be extremely excited when the next Sonic game actually is announced, but, for all the hype they're trying to build, I'm just not very hype for Sonic's anniversary anymore. It kind of feels like they just want us to be excited that Sonic is turning 25, but, without a game to be excited about, why should I care that it's Sonic's birthday? I don't care about new merch, I don't care about that Genesis comic, I don't care that Sonic has a car, I just don't care. I know we're not yet in that time of year that SEGA normally announces Sonic games (April-May), but, after a full year of NOTHING, it feels a bit like they're trying to get me excited for nothing.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

...I'm just not very hype for Sonic's anniversary anymore. It kind of feels like they just want us to be excited that Sonic is turning 25, but, without a game to be excited about...

EXACTLY! I want to be excited but for what? It's annoying cus I'm not trying to hate, I'm honestly a MASSIVE Sonic fan and will stick by him through almost anything but I shouldn't have to wait this long. They really cant just release a single image releated to the new game? You know that 1 image could spark pages after pages of specualtion and bring something fresh to the table.

15 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

I get that but because the wait has been so long inbetween games It's more acceptable, i'm not saying it's fair but it's more believeable. I want a new Metroid too but I know from the past this is just how it goes. Sonic on the other hand is used to getting a lot of news about him.

One thing some people have said to me on the IRC aswell, Which I would like to clear up. I am not asking for the game to be released any earlier, I dont care if the game takes until 2017. I really really don't, If that is what it will take for it to be good and mindblowing then go ahead and take that long but please don't leave us in the dark any longer.
Are they really trying to tell us there isn't ANY asset from the game they can release, or tease without hurting the reveal? BullS**t.

I'd be happy with a single Enemy Design or a 30 second clip of music from the game. Or even a shilloute like what they did with the Sonic 4 Needlemouse teaser.

• Thumbs Up 5

27 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

And Crash, and Mega Man and a large percentage of SEGA's IP's.

• Thumbs Up 5

Lost World came out in October 2013. When you have us waiting nearly 2.5 years for a game that we're initially hyped up for and all you update us with is a constant stream of numbers, numbers that lead us to future dates when all we get are yet more numbers revealing a date quite far away, the hype will eventually fade away like piss in the wind. At least, for me anyway.

While I don't think it's fair to compare Sonic to Sega's other forgotten IP's, Which I love many of them yet I know the chances of them even having another game in general are very slim, I understand why people are saying that fans of franchises like Metroid and F-Zero have it worse. Nintendo really has treated them like shit.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, McGroose said:

Lost World came out in October 2013. When you have us waiting nearly 2.5 years for a game that we're initially hyped up for and all you update us with are a constant stream of numbers, numbers that lead us to future dates when all we get are yet more numbers revealing a date quite far away, the hype will eventually fade away like piss in the wind. At least, for me anyway.

Yeah, overall, I wasn't disappointed with the event (I want to make this clear because I really don't want anyone going "Well, they told you a new game wouldn't be announced, you brought disappointment on yourself, blah blah blah"), but finding out the numbers only pointed to another event was quite the letdown. I was excited for the SXSW panel, and I had a good time, but hell no am I going to get excited for the next event that's like four freakin' months away. Let me know when you'll be revealing the next Sonic game, SEGA, then I'll get hyped.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's things like this that make me have stance on the situation:

Why should I be enthusiastic about the upcoming game if SEGA themselves don't seem to be enthusiastic themselves? It makes me believe that the game is probably nothing special, they clearly lack anticipation. A great marketing strategy is to surprise your customers and reveal things when they least expect them. SEGA however prefers to just keep us in the dark for 2 years now and not even bother to tell us ANYTHING about the game to keep us interested. It's kinda hard to to be excited if the company itself is not.

I honestly think this will be another good enough game that won't really make an impression. I might be wrong, I could be 100% wrong, but honestly this is not how you should do things.

Talk to us SEGA, stop giving us cryptic numbers, stop joking about Big's fishing, give us SOMETHING to discuss.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

but finding out the numbers only pointed to another event was quite the letdown. 

So, where'd you get that from?

He specifically said (and wrote) that it's not everything with the numbers, not at all.

teaser_004.jpg

1 minute ago, Ruki185 said:

So, where'd you get that from?

He specifically said (and wrote) that it's not everything with the numbers, not at all.

teaser_004.jpg

What? Didn't he say that there was going to be a new Sonic 25th anniversary event on July 22nd?

Just now, Hyper Enesephus said:

What? Didn't he say that there was going to be a new Sonic 25th anniversary event on July 22nd?

There's more than meets the eye to these teasers after all...

1 minute ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Yes, he did. But (and that's what I meant) he also made it clear that there is more. The numbers didn't only reveal the date for the event.

Just now, Ruki185 said:

Yes, he did. But (and that's what I meant) he also made it clear that there is more. The numbers didn't only reveal the date for the event.

Frankly, I don't give a shit. I'm sick of SEGA being so freakin' cryptic. All I got of value out of those numbers was a date for a party, which I don't care about. Even if the numbers mean more than just that, I don't freakin' know what it is, so why should I care?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Frankly, I don't give a shit. I'm sick of SEGA being so freakin' cryptic. All I got of value out of those numbers was a date for a party, which I don't care about. Even if the numbers mean more than just that, I don't freakin' know what it is, so why should I care?

I don't really care right now as well, but I think after all the drama we had, people shouldn't spread misleading information like "the numbers only revealed the event date".

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ruki185 said:

I don't really care right now as well, but I think after all the drama we had, people shouldn't spread misleading information like "the numbers only revealed the event date".

Well, I'm not going to go around telling people that's all the numbers meant, but how is it misleading if we don't even know what else the numbers reveal, and what kind of "drama" would doing so even cause?

I'm gonna have to agree with Hyper. Why care about any of this if SEGA doesn't actually give us a reason to care? What's the point?

I did find it interesting that Naka was taking note of how many people prefered the Japanese/European cover from Sonic the Hedgehog over the American one.

Loved that Aaron had the Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 teaser labeled as Sonic Labyrinth 2. That and the stop reading these file names kind of in jokes. The folders too, how the presentation files and that teaser were in a "fake presentation" folder while there was another folder labeled as "real presentation" that he didn't touch.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, pppp said:

Why should I be enthusiastic about the upcoming game if SEGA themselves don't seem to be enthusiastic themselves?

Because they can't talk about it? There's a difference between not being enthusiastic and making sure they have a product they can be enthusiastic about. The simple reason why it has been 2.5 years since the release of a main series Sonic game is because SEGA is trying to recover from the restructure and also make sure they have all their ducks in a row first. And, again, this is a good thing.

A SEGA that rushes products out is the same SEGA that produces Sonic '06, Rise of Lyric, and technically half of Sonic 3 (with the other half coming later in the year). A SEGA that does not rush products creates Sonic Colors, Generations, and to a degree Unleashed.

Besides, this has not been the first time SEGA has waited more than a year to release a game. This is no different.

It makes me believe that the game is probably nothing special, they clearly lack anticipation. A great marketing strategy is to surprise your customers and reveal things when they least expect them. SEGA however prefers to just keep us in the dark for 2 years now and not even bother to tell us ANYTHING about the game to keep us interested. It's kinda hard to to be excited if the company itself is not.

SEGA's taking their time with their product now, which is what fans have wanted the company to do for years. Now that they do that, they "lack anticipation". The element of surprise isn't lost, it will just take a bit longer for it to come about.

Talk to us SEGA, stop giving us cryptic numbers, stop joking about Big's fishing, give us SOMETHING to discuss.

They did give us something to discuss. The teasers.

• Thumbs Up 6