Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

Yeah, I wasn't aware until I saw what Soni wrote and actually read the feed--it's bogus. Senoue's account is this one.

It's less amusing, but I think it's worth keeping in mind.

PSO2 x FFXIV and now the 25th Anniversary game could possibly have the creative juices of Gravity Falls flowing through its script.

Sega is certainly full of crazy surprises lately.

Good Christ, if it means getting rid of Pontac and Graff I would have a field day.

That said,  I severely doubt that Hirsch would work on the 25th Anniversary title. It's far too late at this point, the game's due later this year.

7 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

That said,  I severely doubt that Hirsch would work on the 25th Anniversary title. It's far too late at this point, the game's due later this year.

The game has no release window at all. If it still wants to be a 25th Anniversary game it's only stipulation is that it must be released before the franchise turns 26, which is over a year away.

People are guessing/assuming it will be announced and released this year, as it would follow previous game announcements and releases in the series. Even if it was this year your looking at roughly another 6-8 months until release if it fits the cycle of the other games. Voice acting a script as small as a Sonic game wouldn't take much time at all. I would say it's still a possibility myself.

• Thumbs Up 4

15 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

snip-1.thumb.PNG.51728efb328ce66471989a1

Alright, I'm on a quest to find all of the codes. Wish me luck.

Take this, it's dangerous to go alone.

chartwebdings.gif
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

All we know is that July is the odd one out from those lyrics and codes.

Great detective work!

"You know... sometimes it's the things that are missing that are most important"

Seems like we now know what this is supposed to mean too...

• Thumbs Up 4

Very good eye you have there, detective Big. ;)

You see guys, there's a very high chance that we'll get more info in before the July event. Just be patient and wait. 

In the meantime, you can listen to the song Indigo decoded the lyrics from. It really is great. :)

• Thumbs Up 5

6 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Alright, it's been solved.

So, we knew some of these, but let's piece it together, shall we?

code-solved2.thumb.png.c94c3f4f87c24bf2b

may.thumb.png.2c0612f9aacd7193f2851f308c

code-solve.thumb.png.587f0ac0e1f42884ddb

http://www.e22.com/shing02/lyrics/lx_lv4_e.htm

Notice what's missing?

Julius.

Why is this important?

Take a closer look:

These are months.

March, April, May, June, July (which is missing), and August.

Something is happening in July, and we already know of one thing that is happening:

add-the-numbs.thumb.PNG.74ec87907f2a7bc3

In July, the event is coming. Now... we knew this already. So, what could this be?

redherring.png

Could it be a 'red herring?'

Or are we getting a clue that something bigger is going to happen in July?

Well, we don't know. All we know is that July is the odd one out from those lyrics and codes.

Until then, keep your eyes peeled for more clues, y'all!

See, this is why I never I never changed my name to fit the "Detective" theme. Being a detective takes way too much skill, and I suck at it. If only Vector were here, he could teach me how to be a good detective, maybe, possibly. I'd probably be a crappy apprentice, but at least he'd have tried!

Anyway, good find, Indigo.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, itsmeAmiYumi said:

What about this text behind the picture, I mean you don't just put that and don't have a reason for it

25975204436_e66741419d_b.jpg

I think someone translated that; it's Greek for Red Herring. 

Don't believe his lies

48 minutes ago, itsmeAmiYumi said:

What about this text behind the picture, I mean you don't just put that and don't have a reason for it

25975204436_e66741419d_b.jpg

Hm

rho epsilon delta
Red
eta epsilon rho rho iota nu gamma
Herring

redherring.thumb.png.cc510b33c599ced7c33

Red Herring

Somethings biting!

bait.jpg.a18769c9e2c4caed6a4dbd047e8f396

whelp

---EDIT---

Want something really interesting, though?

what.PNG.f97b10492fe04d5e1197e8d207d7306

Remember this that was posted a page back?

Yep, lyrics from the same song.

That bloody song!

and the tally of the letters will reach
the valley where the wings will seek

Hm. Tally of the letters, eh? Now, it could be that Ruby was just tipping  [•-Bryce -•]  on Twitter to look at that song for clues. But I'm not satisfied with that answer alone... so I tallied the letters at http://www.lettercount.com/......

Here's what I got:

huh1.thumb.PNG.2988bef4d8b75e31d3bab3f50

This is with Julius in there as originally intended. We get 91.

And without Julius...

huh2.thumb.PNG.bf35b5c90e157efd922d129b9

Now, if you remember, adding the numbers the last time with the Madeon shenanigans, we got 41. 41 ended up being a part of 4/1/2016, yes?

I propose two dates:

8/5; August 5th

9/1; September 1st

...keep an eye on Ruby's silliness. We might get clarity later on. I'm inclined to find importance in September 1st, as Sonic games tend to release closer to the Fall, but only time will tell at this point. Cheers.

• Thumbs Up 7

did someone already mention about why don't they put this much effort into the games with what their doing with this cryptic stuff

Just now, Neo_Fire_Sonic said:

did someone already mention about why don't they put this much effort into the games with what their doing with this cryptic stuff

Because Aaron Webber doesn't program games and Sonic Team have been working on the new game since atleast Generations since we've understood that a smaller section of Sonic Team worked on Lost World and after that was done, helped with the new game. Also Fire & ice has been delayed for atleast a year or so. So they are putting effort into their games.

Seriously, what does social media and programming games have to do with ANYTHING?!

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, True Detective Soni said:

Because Aaron Webber doesn't program games and Sonic Team have been working on the new game since atleast Generations since we've understood that a smaller section of Sonic Team worked on Lost World and after that was done, helped with the new game. Also Fire & ice has been delayed for atleast a year or so. So they are putting effort into their games.

Seriously, what does social media and programming games have to do with ANYTHING?!

I even said this before when Arron mentioned that someone told him to go back to program for the 25th Anniversary title. There are definitely some interesting people out there, I will say that.

• Thumbs Up 5

I can't honestly say that it's "interesting" since it's just blatant ignorance and lack of common sense. 

How do we know Sonic Team A is been working on a game since Generations? What, don't they deserve a vacation? Don't they have families? Or better things to do than Sonic? Acusing them of not releasing anything in years, without even knowing what's going on there (in Japan), sounds very selfish. For all we know, they could've started working on the 25th game last year. So hold your panties and wait a little more.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

How do we know Sonic Team A is been working on a game since Generations? What, don't they deserve a vacation? Don't they have families? Or better things to do than Sonic? Acusing them of not releasing anything in years, without even knowing what's going on there (in Japan), sounds very selfish. For all we know, they could've started working on the 25th game last year. So hold your panties and wait a little more.

I can assure you that the entire team is not going on vacation at the same time.

Maybe five people for say a week or two. But the majority of the team moves on to another project.

To the guys wondering why Sonic Team doesn't put as much meticulous effort as the Social Media team does in their games...

1) lol

2) I don't think you guys would be ready if we broke open Unity and put out something silly. :V So much to do, so little time.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, GeneHF said:

2) I don't think you guys would be ready if we broke open Unity and put out something silly. :V So much to do, so little time.

You're releasing Big Fishing Adventure 3 as a terrible unity game. Aren't you?

• Thumbs Up 9