Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

As long as it's something like this:

Classic Big fans were upset with Fishing Derby 4: Episode 1 and 2, so hopefully the Big Adventure series will do better to use the classic mechanics more faithfully.

• Thumbs Up 8

3 hours ago, Jango said:

How do we know Sonic Team A is been working on a game since Generations? What, don't they deserve a vacation? Don't they have families? Or better things to do than Sonic? Acusing them of not releasing anything in years, without even knowing what's going on there (in Japan), sounds very selfish. For all we know, they could've started working on the 25th game last year. So hold your panties and wait a little more.

Wasn't it already established at some point that the teams weren't even really as split as we thought them to be?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Wasn't it already established at some point that the teams weren't even really as split as we thought them to be?

I think it was that the whole "split team" thing is far more flexible than we were giving credit for. We talk about the 'Colours' or 'Generations' team but the contents of each group are constantly changing. There is a split, there had to be for how close together past releases had been but there's no fixed A or B teams.

This is more like project A and B. Probably there are some key people conected to each other, but it's more fluid then that team system.

• Thumbs Up 7

3 hours ago, GeneHF said:

To the guys wondering why Sonic Team doesn't put as much meticulous effort as the Social Media team does in their games...

1) lol

2) I don't think you guys would be ready if we broke open Unity and put out something silly. :V So much to do, so little time.

The sad thing is, is that I can totally imagine that being Sonic Dreams.

I don't reamember it being discused so:

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2016/03/the-creator-of-gravity-falls-is-at-sega-and-nobody-knows-why/

Both writer and director for Gravity Falls showed up in Sega. And their are probably under NDA. This is very suspeciuos and interesting. Are they for 25th aniversery game? Or maybe Sonic Boom? Or just helping mister Webber in his teasing shenanigans? So many great possibilities...

...ooooorrrrrr maybe they're just fans of the series and were in town and wanted to drop by,

We really need this game to come out. People are getting desperate.

3 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

...ooooorrrrrr maybe they're just fans of the series and were in town and wanted to drop by,

We really need this game to come out. People are getting desperate.

No, not even. We just need it to be revealed.

• Thumbs Up 3

People tend to forget that Alex is also a voice actor. He does tend to have a penchant for doing voices for old characters tho. Gruncle Stan and Old Man McGucket for example. He could possibly be there to audition for the role of new character.

I do much prefer the theory of him writing the English script for the new game however.

• Thumbs Up 5

I find myself unable to be cynical about people getting their hopes up about Alex. Seriously, it's literally the only point of interest I've been able to latch onto so far and, desperate or not, the idea of what it could mean makes me happy. So let em be happy thinking about it. 

Don't worry about them being disappointed when or if it turns out to not mean anything. I'm willing to bet disappointment is not a new feeling for most people apart of this fanbase.

18 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Hm. Tally of the letters, eh? Now, it could be that Ruby was just tipping  [•-Bryce -•]  on Twitter to look at that song for clues. But I'm not satisfied with that answer alone... so I tallied the letters at http://www.lettercount.com/......

Here's what I got:

huh1.PNG

This is with Julius in there as originally intended. We get 91.

And without Julius...

huh2.PNG

Now, if you remember, adding the numbers the last time with the Madeon shenanigans, we got 41. 41 ended up being a part of 4/1/2016, yes?

I propose two dates:

8/5; August 5th

9/1; September 1st

...keep an eye on Ruby's silliness. We might get clarity later on. I'm inclined to find importance in September 1st, as Sonic games tend to release closer to the Fall, but only time will tell at this point. Cheers.

It might be pure coincidence, but 85 and 91... Are the years Mario and Sonic respectively officially began.

Could it be some kind of reference to the Olympic Games?

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if known but....

Happy 25th Sonic, here comes Sonic 2!

CeRys-PXIAAaG47.jpg

For the Apple TV thing.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, ProfessorZolo said:

It might be pure coincidence, but 85 and 91... Are the years Mario and Sonic respectively officially began.

Hmmm, well any hinting at us FINALLY getting a proper Mario/Sonic crossover would be keen.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Not sure if known but....

Happy 25th Sonic, here comes Sonic 2!

CeRys-PXIAAaG47.jpg

For the Apple TV thing.

...Hooray, I suppose.

Now, I'd be excited if Sonic 3 got this treatment, even though I don't have Apple TV, but I don't see that happening.

• Thumbs Up 5

I know the true meaning behind Sonic Team A and Sonic Team B.

The A is their main series. The letter A is in the word "main". The B is their Boom games. B stands for Boom.

I cracked the code.

I can has cookie? <3

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

I know the true meaning behind Sonic Team A and Sonic Team B.

The A is their main series. The letter A is in the word "main". The B is their Boom games. B stands for Boom.

I cracked the code.

I can has cookie? <3

So Sonic Colors and Lost World were actually Boom games all along? Wow, I never knew that. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

But Unleashed provided the True Sonic Spirit while Colors, Generations, Lost World and Boom don't. They don't deserve to be called Sonic games if they don't have the sense of adventure to it!

Spoiler

I blame Donnie so much for this.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, True Detective Soni said:

Reveal hidden contents

I blame Donnie so much for this.

Can't we just make that the default response to everything which goes wrong? 

• Thumbs Up 9

You know, it didn't take me much research to find out that the "Sonic Team is two set teams" theory is BS. Can't explain right now cause on mobile, but basically: look at the credits of recent Sonic Team games on Moby Games.

19 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Can't we just make that the default response to everything which goes wrong? 

I thought it already was. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

Having Tax/Stealth's remaster of Sonic 2 show up again as a new release on another platform, even if it's Apple TV, is good news. It means a possible console release isn't totally off the cards and Sega isn't past using those excellent rebuilds again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 2 for Apple TV. Good. I can't wait for the 400th remaster of Sonic 1 to come out on my fucking toaster. That's gonna be a blast, let me tell ya.

• Thumbs Up 6

3 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

Sonic 2 for Apple TV. Good. I can't wait for the 400th remaster of Sonic 1 to come out on my fucking toaster. That's gonna be a blast, let me tell ya.

This would be fitting if it weren't for the fact that this is Taxman's version of Sonic we're talking about here. We're still limited on ways to play Taxman's Sonic 1 and Sonic 2.

I'm sick of all of the re-releases as well, but I'll make a definite exception when it comes to Taxman.

• Thumbs Up 4