Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, Azul said:

Again, this is just kicking up dirt.

How is asking for opinions as to if it's a redesign or not kicking up dirt? 

Going on the TSS twitter and saying 'yeah classic Sonic got re-designed' or writing an article saying 'classic Sonic is re-designed' that's kicking up dirt.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

How is asking for opinions as to if it's a redesign or not kicking up dirt? 

Going on the TSS twitter and saying 'yeah classic Sonic got re-designed' or writing an article saying 'classic Sonic is re-designed' that's kicking up dirt.

You're essentially doing the same thing on a smaller scale by speculating it on a public forum. You're still putting the thought into people's heads.

14 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

aN1QhpV.png

I'm dubbing it "Neo Classic Sonic."

Everyone must follow suit. Now.

It could be an illusion from Sonic leaning his head forward. I don't know, if this qualifies as a "redesign", it sure as hell isn't really a compelling one.

Just now, Azul said:

You're essentially doing the same thing on a smaller scale by speculating it on a public forum. You're still putting the thought into people's heads.

How dare I give people thoughts. 

Now could you explain how asking people for opinions as to if it's a redesign or not kicking up dirt? 

Watch him be with green eyes. :lol:

Looks cool, but his head is kinda weird, and I don't know what makes looking it like that...
Oh, I get it. 2 spikes only. Welp, interesting.

4 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

How dare I give people thoughts. 

Now could you explain how asking people for opinions as to if it's a redesign or not kicking up dirt? 

Because whether you realize it or not, you're unintentionally starting a rumor that Sonic has been redesigned by asking if it was the case in the first place. Some people are gonna take it as "Classic Sonic's been redesigned." And according to what StriCYN3 said, it's just a homage to some art old work.

2 minutes ago, StriCNYN3 said:

Hmm, It reminds me of the style they had going on in those Japanese Sonic 2 manuals.

page19-354px-Sonic2_MD_JP_manual.pdf.jpg

lol Its just 1992 Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 4

1. There is a difference in spines

Wdyfq5F.png

5 minutes ago, StriCNYN3 said:

Hmm, It reminds me of the style they had going on in those Japanese Sonic 2 manuals.

Nothing to see here lol :D

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, StriCNYN3 said:

Well shit, look at that. We didn't got a new take on Classic Sonic at all. The More You Know!

5 minutes ago, Azul said:

Some people are gonna take it as "Classic Sonic's been redesigned." 

Really not my problem if people are daft enough to do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still sticking the 'stylistic choice' they got for Sonic on these prints for the notion of this 'redesign'. Hnnng they just scream 'WEAR ME ON A SHIRT' so bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when they actually use artwork from the Japanese manuals! 

Especially given how for years we'd had to endure this artwork on all our Sonic products.

04e6b56c8b0a368e6d8144861dd141d6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

Edit: Actually scratch that. Looking at Diogenes post, it is just straight up the same art. no slight alterations whatsoever, haha.

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

Oh, a Sonic bowl!

QMh8pWI.jpg?1

I can use that to eat my STUPID BLOODY SONIC CHOCOLATE COCOA PUFF RIP-OFF TRASH CEREAL THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SERIES IN ANY FASHION I MEAN THEY COULD AT LEAST HAVE MADE IT WITH CHEERIOS FOR RINGS AND MARSHMALLOWS FOR SHAPES OF CHARACTERS LIKE SONIC TAILS EGGMAN KNUCKLES OR CHAOS EMERALDS BUT NO THEY HAD TO DO THIS STUPID GARBAGE THIS IS HOT WET STEAMING TAINT I HATE IT WITH EVERY DIGESTIBLE DIETARY FIBER IN MY BODY ALL 12 VITAMINS AND MINERALS PER 30 GRAM SERVING OF CHOCOLATE WASTE

Where is this brand of cereal even available or where was this picture taken from? I'm asking because of the Arabic text.

7 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Oh, a Sonic bowl!

QMh8pWI.jpg?1

I can use that to eat my STUPID BLOODY SONIC CHOCOLATE COCOA PUFF RIP-OFF TRASH CEREAL THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SERIES IN ANY FASHION I MEAN THEY COULD AT LEAST HAVE MADE IT WITH CHEERIOS FOR RINGS AND MARSHMALLOWS FOR SHAPES OF CHARACTERS LIKE SONIC TAILS EGGMAN KNUCKLES OR CHAOS EMERALDS BUT NO THEY HAD TO DO THIS STUPID GARBAGE THIS IS HOT WET STEAMING TAINT I HATE IT WITH EVERY DIGESTIBLE DIETARY FIBER IN MY BODY ALL 12 VITAMINS AND MINERALS PER 30 GRAM SERVING OF CHOCOLATE WASTE

It's truly amazing how they can make a Sonic brand cereal and won't even make it Sonic themed. Instead it's just a generic chocolate puff cereal with Sonic simply slapped on it.

I'm pretty sure it's not in America/Japan so they probably just didn't care otherwise.

..............I'm ruining/explaining the joke aren't I?

5 minutes ago, McGroose said:

Where is this brand of cereal even available or where was this picture taken from? I'm asking because of the Arabic text.

I can't remember what country it's from, but it costs $14, that's before shipping.