Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

28 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Anyone got a link to the first time he said 'add the numbers'.

Here, I think

http://www.youredm.com/2016/02/09/sonic-hedgehog-shares-cryptic-message-help-madeon/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monstercat/comments/44y90l/sonic_the_hedgehog_on_twitter_the_key_lies_with/

When they translated the faint text below the Sonic symbol, it read:

"Hello Hugo
The secret is inside the empire
We can get it back
The fated son of Daedalus
Add the numbers"

Each line corresponding to lyrics and clues to tracks by Madeon - adding the correct track numbers from each track resulted in "41."

http://www.destructoid.com/the-sonic-twitter-is-hinting-at-something-pretty-huge-340401.phtml

“THE SECRET IS INSIDE THE EMPIRE” may refer to track #11, Pixel Empire.  “WE CAN GET IT BACK” is a message written in the rune-y alphabet on the back of the single Technicolor, which appears as track #17. Finally, “THE FATED SON OF DAEDALUS” refers to Icarus of greek mythology, and is also the name of the 13th track on Adventure. Add those numbers up, and you get 41.

And 41 is a continuation of the 4/1 gag, which has been a thing for a while now:

CYOE7H4UsAA34lf.jpg

Look at those numbers again:
4/1/16
3/21

They're same numbers that we saw in that texting gag today, sans "00,"

T2oU77Q.png

But "00" was added to the 3/21 number with this tweet:

CZq7UGbXEAAkkNb.pngCZq7YvpWEAAIsi8.png
CZq7UHxXEAEXOMJ.png

And now, finally:

http://www.tssznews.com/2016/03/08/sxsw-teases-special-reveal-that-will-be-made-at-sonic-panel/
http://www.tssznews.com/2016/03/04/aaron-webber-you-will-find-out-what-the-numbers-mean-at-the-sxsw-panel/

It's all becoming clear.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Nothing. 

This however...

T2oU77Q.png

add.

+3.21.00

JULY 22, 2016

BAW GAWD BAW GAWD YOU CRACKED THE CODE BAW GAWD BAW GAWD BOBBY LASHLEY WELL ILL BE A SONUVABIT-

Well that's all fine and dandy. Aaron you lovable man. So now the sensible thing to is to wait, sit back and see if this is that fabled date.

This better be one HUGE game if we're doing all this code solving. At least to make it all worth it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Really? July? I'm afraid I may go in grumpy and whiny mode, it's kinda depressing, I was hoping to have... something by the end of the month or April. If that's really the case and they announce the game later it's strange though, they would skip E3. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It sure is a good thing I have Ratchet and Clank news to keep me busy, or else all this 25th anniversary confusion would be driving me crazy.

*eye twitches*

2 hours ago, Detective Chameleon said:

Really? July? I'm afraid I may go in grumpy and whiny mode, it's kinda depressing, I was hoping to have... something by the end of the month or April. If that's really the case and they announce the game later it's strange though, they would skip E3. 

I highly doubt they're planning on revealing a game or something of the like that late in the year.

Like you said it would be weird to see Sega miss both their usual time table for reveals and E3. Then again I'm still surprised we didn't get anything game-wise from the franchise in 2015, so who knows what's being planned at this point.

No, Runners isn't a thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm getting more and more curious as to what's going to be revealed at this convention. I mean if we are going to find out what the dates/numbers are all about, yet there will be no game announcements then what on earth will they be talking about during the mentioned look into the future and possible reveal.

15 minutes ago, Tenko said:

I'm getting more and more curious as to what's going to be revealed at this convention. I mean if we are going to find out what the dates/numbers are all about, yet there will be no game announcements then what on earth will they be talking about during the mentioned look into the future and possible reveal.

*cough*

#andamovie

Maybe 7.22.16 is the date we'll get some sort of mobile/digital release that ties into a proper 25th anniversary game to be released in the fall?

30 minutes ago, Detective Chameleon said:

*cough*

#andamovie

The movie has been delayed till 2018 last we heard, and even if work has been started on it, I doubt we would get anything of merit shown to the public this early on in production, a piece of concept art, or a bit of vague story/setting info perhaps. I really doubt those two dates have anything to do with the movie at all as even a teaser would be a good year or more away.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jango said:

It's amazing how we have 78 pages of pure especulation and a few off-topic discussion here and there. This site will crash when the first teaser finally come out March 21st.

Yeah, when SEGA actually announces the game, that's when we'll see the topic really get going.

Once we get a trailer, it won't take long to reach 500+ pages...if we aren't already there. :P

1 minute ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Maybe 7.22.16 is the date we'll get some sort of mobile/digital release that ties into a proper 25th anniversary game to be released in the fall?

I...could see that, actually. Some would say it's strange to do all this teasing for something that isn't the main installment, but they did clearly enjoy bamboozling us with all those numbers so, who knows.

29 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Finally....that long awaited Sonic Central app comes to fruition. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Runners 2

Now with 50 more buddies, extra long loading screens, internet connection checks whenever you collect something, and a story written by Nick Jr.

• Thumbs Up 6

31 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Sonic Runners 2

Now with 50 more buddies, extra long loading screens, internet connection checks whenever you collect something, and a story written by Nick Jr.

Don't forget about the red rings.

Screw red rings, Runners 2 will introduce platinum rings that allows you to even play the game but you can only get it with a small microtransaction of a million dollars. 

1 hour ago, Indigo Rush said:

Sonic Runners 2

add dial up! imagine sonic 06 with a dial up tone LOL

4 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

CdJ8SKmXIAAJqSY.jpgCdJ8SCiWIAA1m1S.jpg

giphy.gif

Happy 25th, Sonic.

so it is pretty much like Sims: Sonic Edition?

lol Fucking what?!

This can't be real, did @Tracker have something to do with this? Is Aaron and Gene pulling our legs or something. 

This can't be for real, I mean who the FUCK asked for a Sonic SIMS?! FUCKING WHO?!

Spoiler

real talk: I'm not even mad, just confused as all hell.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's not real apparently hahaha

Although this can definitely be a thing if they did make it

Best part is that people think Tracker did this