Awoo.

Joe Alaskey dies, aged 63

Big Panda

A man of many talents and over 2 decades of voicing iconic cartoon characters. I've been listening to his interpretations of Looney Tunes characters for almost as long as I've been alive.

RIP Plucky.

Oh my god! :'( I had no idea he had cancer, what the fuck is happening?! :(

I just found out he did return one last time as Daffy just recently in Lego Batman 3 as Green Loontern, here's a video with quite a bit of his dialogue:

RIP Joe. :'(

Oh, man. Not news I wanted to hear. And we lost Stan Freberg last year, didn't we? Damn.

I know Alaskey had a prolific career as an impressionist and comedian, but he'll always be one of Mel Blanc's successors to me. His Daffy was easily one of the best. I was always upset he didn't reprise the role in The Looney Tunes Show (with no disrespect to Jeff Bergman, of course).

May he rest in peace.

Alaskey was always my favorite Daffy Duck voice post Blanc. Look at something like Duck Dodgers, he could really nail the character. 

Fuck cancer, man. We're losin' way too many people too soon.

Joe was the first EVER successor to Mel since he took over as Sam for that one scene in Roger Rabbit IIRC, and Mel was still alive then. However technically Noel (Mel's son) surely did Bugs and Daffy in the film also, since we've heard Mel as Bugs and Daffy in the Quackbuster shorts during that same period and his voice was REALLY noticeably aged, but in Roger Rabbit they were perfectly like his younger years. Also he and Noel did Bugs on camera in a behind the scenes look at the film and it was a giveaway there.

Don't forget Joe was also Plucky Duck. :'(

• Thumbs Up 2

FUCK NO!!! I just remembered he was Thomas Timberwolf, Chuck Jones' final creation! :'(

• Thumbs Up 1

Too many people lost to cancer...we lost another friend too soon, and it hurts. Hopefully his legacy will live on. :,(

Well this is an unpleasant thing to wake up to after my birthday.

I've always loved his work on Looney Tunes, especially on Duck Dodgers where he not only voiced Daffy, but also Marvin (aka Commander X2). I even have a couple autographs he made of each character.

RIP Joe Alaskey. :(

Anybody who made my childhood shine deserves my respect and admiration. He's in that big recording boothe in the sky now. Rest in peace you looney legacy. R.I.P.

7 hours ago, SurrealBrain said:

Too many people lost to cancer...we lost another friend too soon, and it hurts. Hopefully his legacy will live on. :,(

Have to pick you up on that line. It's just the word "Hopefully." 

I believe that there is no question that his legacy will live on. It's the same for everyone, they live in the hearts of those they have touched and the work he has been a part of will forever be available to us. In a way, that makes him immortal.

I've always been a purist and never really been able to handle any kind of Looney Tunes production without Mel as the voice. Exceptions to that have been characters like Bugs, Daffy, Sylvester and Taz. The rest of the toons just never sounded right to me. It is truly a shame to loose another talented person to that horrible, stupid cancer. He will be missed...

joealaskey.jpg

But as they say, "a legend will never die."

• Thumbs Up 2

Name didn't ring a bell at first but when I saw his resume...damn, he did a lot of well known character voices I grew up with. .__.

RIP...What the hell is happening this year?

Dammit, death! Stop being so cruel this year! This guy was one of my childhood voice actors and it's a shame to see him go. RIP, Joe Alaskey.