Awoo.

The BumbleKast Topic of Archival (And Discussion)

Your Vest Friend

Couldn't help but be amused at how the question only tackled one single aspect about Heroes yet Ian basically gave out his opinion on the whole game :lol: That said, it was nice to hear that he doesn't think there was anything wrong with Heroes' plot, only that it needed fleshing out, which I can definitely agree with. And now I finally know why he apparently hates Metal Overlord so much, which I guess I can understand, even though I personally love Metal Overlord (maybe it would've helped if it looked more like Metal, just with minor elements of Chaos).

I'll admit, though, I was slightly irked when Ian used Cream's age as a factor to question Vanilla letting her go on adventures. Not only is Cream an honestly capable adventurer in spite of her age and overall demeanor, and I bet Vanilla knows that, but age isn't really a factor in a Sonic character's capabilities. Charmy is the same age as Cream and that doesn't stop him from being a detective. Sure, you could argue that Vector and Espio are his "family" and them bringing him along on missions is meant to be them being "irresponsible" but Charmy is still a capable detective despite his age and antics. Amy is merely twelve but she's able to live in her own house and care for herself (and no one seems to find that the least bit odd). I'm even tempted to list Rouge as an example, being an eighteen year old who managed to be a high-ranking government agent! Basically, the only thing age in Sonic characters affects is their appearance and, to a small extent, their personality. 

No episode this week (it's not due yet), but there is an announcement about Patreon support. 

So Knuckles is not the strongest, that's good to know. It makes him more varied (and the fact that he is better fighter makes up for it). There's no reason to limiting character into one thing like Heroes Type system did.

Huh, so Shadow can reach Sonic's speed only when he is wearing his rocket shoes. Interesting. Good to see that Sonic is fastest thing alive after all(well, right after Eggman of course).

I wish someone would ask Ian about Rouge. Even if sonic characters "can't have a past" in comics I still would like to know more about her character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, remember that this all just for the comic stuff. The games could say otherwise (but they haven't bothered so far so it's not worth fussing over).

Of course it's just for the comic stuff. Isn't this whole topic about it? In games even Amy is stonger than Knuckles.

I just care more about comics than games when it comes to the story.

1 hour ago, blade57331 said:

Of course it's just for the comic stuff. Isn't this whole topic about it? In games even Amy is stonger than Knuckles.

I just care more about comics than games when it comes to the story.

No she isn't.

I won't be repeating myself (beside, last time we talked about it, you quieted from discussion anyway)

But didn't Ian say that the current Archie versions are about as strong as the main series versions? I recall him tweeting that or something.

7 minutes ago, True Detective Soni said:

But didn't Ian say that the current Archie versions are about as strong as the main series versions? I recall him tweeting that or something.

If that is the case, Shadow should be as fast as Sonic naturally and Knuckles should be stronger than Mighty. 

1 hour ago, True Detective Soni said:

Nah, if that was the case then Shadow would be able slow time by will.(OP, much?)

Beside he gave those informations after reboot.

While I munch on crustaceans, we're jamming out for the next episode of Bumblekast!

Episode 12;

It's all about the (video game) music today, with talk of Endless Ocean, Sonic 3 and Knuckles (and other more modern Sonic games like the Storybook games, Sonic Colours and Sonic 4 [the last one in a not so good way]), Tales Of, Mega Man, Splatoon, Eternal Sonata, Dead Rising, Race the Sun, Shovel Knight, Kirby, Undertale and Cave Story.

But it's time for them to face the music in the Q&A!

-Which TF2 classes would suit heroes and egg bosses - (Egg bosses limited to ones that have appeared so far) Axel - Engineer, likes building stuff, Tundra - Heavy too general, but can't think of single class that he would best fit into, Clove - Haven't gotten into what her talents are, reserved as opposed to bombastic, slightly towards Spy as only class that stops and thinks before acting, Thunderbolt - Split between Pyro for chaotic nature, Soldier for fanatical detachment from reality, Conquering Storm - Disciplined, possibly Sniper for being assassins (but Sniper is one because of mental illness), Hood - Manipulative, off to the side, might be Spy as well. Lord Battle Kukku - One upcoming scene makes it clear what class he'd be, Oceanic Bosses - Some have already figured out one [aka Akhlut] but he's playing coy. skipping Aussie region Egg Boss, Cassia Sub-boss/co-commander - Scout. 

-Method acting experience and history - Went as far as high school, teacher pushed the boundaries and wanted students to explore, no formal training because he wasn't enamoured with the politics and drama that comes with drama, likes acting, but more people with the passion for it and will fight dirty for it, enjoys it as a hobby, remembers method acting where you become the role of the character; if you can convince yourself you're them, it becomes your voice, nature of it gives sincerity and believability, helps with dialogue and script by getting into their head so you know how they would react. 

-Original script of Shadow Fall (specifically how Mephiles and Black Doom would be involved) - Can't talk about it in great as there wasn't a lot of detail for it, was part of the initial pitch and it got shut down really quickly so revised, overall not that different. general gist would be the same (save the world from the aliens again), difference was he had a way of Mephiles coming back through time travel, being the time manipulator he is found a way to spirit Black Doom back into being for him to get revenge, Doom would be defeated again while Mephiles would become reoccurring villain, ideas on how Mephiles-y he would be (same as Sonic '06 or different incarnation), didn't get very far because as soon as Mephiles was mentioned it was rejected, went with second idea (presumably Eclipse), nice idea but not a whole script, thinks what we got instead was better, Eclipse more intriguing, Darm Arms more fun, story stronger for Eclipse and Shadow dynamic [so it seems Mephiles is perma-dead].

-Did New Crusaders: Dark Tomorrow succeed Archie's sales expectations - He doesn't know because he doesn't see sales numbers, just told what to do, hopes it does resurrect because it was fun and he had lots of plans for it, interested in doing other stuff for Dark Circle (and anything else), would like to get on board with a more mature line occasionally to break the mold.

-Wish-granting gem in Naugus' belly button - No. As long as he's in control he'll be fully clothed, doesn't care about Handsome Time [uh, you can tell this is said in an OTT way right] although really likes that off-panel, reference to AoStH where Robotnik had it. 

-Did Sonic still get Master Emerald shard after Worlds Unite reset everything - No he didn't, shard will be accounted for in near future [aka the Knuckles and Amy arc], specifically set that scene up to come back to it later.

-What's it like in Canada - Cold but mild winter, likes it, nice, delighted by snow, people are polite, cities are big, clean and modern, US Dollar converts to more Canadian dollars because the CND is weak against the USD right now [surely that's an overall negative economically?], Tim Hortons on every corner, misses Southern cooking, hard to find good fried chicken and biscuits [why on earth would you fry a biscuit? That's like the deep fried Mars bar], but good overall, gotten used to Kmph so cruises at 80mph in US but that would be 140Kmph in Canada so not allowed, does not miss US money, likes the coinage and plastic 'monopoly money'.

-Question redo - What other characters from other media would he liked to have used as part of the main cast - Probably not a lot of fringe material he would be bringing in, would like to bring in Waltz and had big plans for her if allowed, some excuse to bring in the Lion Men eg with a bad B-movie playing in the background for an in-joke, had one special idea in mind for Bond Man, had an idea for terrible PC port versions of Robot Masters (being knock-offs would play into it) but became a matter of when and if they could use them at all, no solid plans.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

That Mephiles idea stands as an example of catering towards character appearances for the sake of popularity rather then for the benefit of the story. It radiated the funk of lazy fanfiction. I'll take what we got instead (though I still feel it could have been improved a bit).

Are the comics in some sort of limbo now? I knew about the delays but now they're not even on the shelves of my Books-A-Million anymore.

No comic issue has been out since SU#82 in January. But Archie has said they'll be getting a schedule to put out the releases, starting with StH#279 next week. 

It's been conventions all over the place this weekend, but that hasn't stopped the next episode of the Bumblekast!

Episode 13;

After all the wiki wikis, today's episode is a continuation of the video game music theme, this time for remixes and its history. It goes back over three decades and involves programming and pirates! It also brought us a lot of famous composers, both fan and official. 

And here's the Q&A cliffnotes for the episode;

-Reason for Naugus being bat-like and hunched and ugly on #223 cover being restored sanity instead of Genesis - In canon reason was that he was doing better initially but as he degraded he got more mutated, consistent use of Chaos Emerald contributed, Genesis wave caused it to get worse, real world reason is that Bates has a much cleaner style while Butler has a more detailed style, just drew it differently,

-Reason for usual style of setting up new places (meet FFs/general heroes, find Egg Boss, fight problem, say they'll return) - Easiest way to introduce setting, characters and conflict in concise manner, may not have time needed to delve into conflict or its experimental to judge if group/characters are going to take off, waste of time if too much time is given to characters that don't resonate, idea of Shattered World Crisis is quick and dirty world building then expand later, biggest desire he got back from readers was to get back the world building, not supposed to be complex - more introductory to get gist of things, can go crazy with it later, treat as first season of a show, Panic in the Sky said to be insane.

-Orbot and Cubot getting back from space - Not covered in official canon, likes to think they fell until they reached the planet, survived re-entry and got back to base. 

-Opinion on RWBY - Seen a little of series 1, enjoyed soundtrack as a guilty pleasure, thought action scenes were spectacular, show itself didn't pull him in, gives kudos to crew for making an original animated series,

-Why he said characters he'd like to bring back on previous podcast - That's people trying to find what he says and twist it to what they want it to mean, they asked who he'd want to bring back and he answered, doesn't confirm whether or not they're going to come back because he doesn't know, doesn't have control over it, may be gone forever, may get note saying they're bringing everyone back so do storyline for it, he'd never know, gets him into bad situation because of stuff he can't get into which frustrates him and everyone else, knows who he'd want to come back but can't speak as to whether they ever will. 

-Ensure Ian at Oz Comic-con Melbourne - For book signing contact him and is willing to foot shipping and handling fees both ways, can't stand the idea of charging for writing a name, understands why some do (artists commission, writers can't really so they can only write), charging saves time and weeds out the crowd to those who want to see you, which can be exhausting over long-term especially for a big name writer, going to shows - outside of fiscal ability largely, trying for Toronto Comic Con and Heroes Con due to local ties, otherwise travel and lodging outside of range, OzCon would have to foot the bill to fly him there and book lodging, only time that happened was Summer of Sonic 11/12/13 (one of those), did air fare and travel insurance, did that con until migraine got better of him (really svend).

-Would Smalls the Cat sound the same as Big the Cat (it's not that silly considering the severe personality change, Kyle D:<) - All anti-verse characters sounded like their main universe selves in his mind,  but with different inflections, does "simple and sweet" Big impression, does Smalls impression that sounds a bit closer to Duke Nukem, hearing a Big voice saying "your ass is grass and I'm the weed whacker" is weird,

-Can we see Cream and Cheese fight someone in the comic and win - Cream is not the same level of active combatant as the rest of the cast, younger like Tails but he grew up under Sonic, she and Cheese can hold their own but not ones to actively seek battle and not best equipped for battle, certain limitations they have to work with because of them being SEGA characters, will see Cream and Cheese get into the fray, just don't expect them to be on top of every battle like Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've noticed that about Cream as well. I suppose it does work for her character to not actively seek battle. Imagine if this Freedom Fighter angle weren't around. She'd probably never see any action unless her mother or her chao were kidnapped again. Glad to see it's not an age thing because that would be a little inconsistent. 

That's about what I'd expected honestly. Tails is equipped and trained as a fighter, he's more than proven that he can keep up with characters like Sonic. Even Charmy I'd expect to be somewhat capable, though not quite on the same level. Cream just isn't equipped or trained, or even has the disposition to fight.

"Don't expect Cream and Cheese to be on top of every battle because that's not who they are"

Not who they are, huh?

Yeah, being on top of a fight, or fighting at all, is totally not who they are :rolleyes:

I'm certain that her ability to fight wasn't exactly what he meant. Certainly, it's not as good as the portrayal of the other kid characters who do fight but that's only really because she is the kind of character who doesn't actively pursue combat. 

My only real issue with that is that it does make her inclusion feel a bit extraneous. There was a long, long, long period of time where Cream wasn't even in the comics and I feel that was due to the staff not really knowing what to do with her and how to even get her in. She wasn't even in the first Sonic and Megaman crossover. Not even as a cameo. 

She's got more of a presence now but it still feels like he's just kind of sticking her into the expected crowd with the main cast. That is where most expect her to be after all. What to do on top of that? Depends on what kind of stories they want to tell and whether or not they want to take the next step that SEGA's never taken and actually give her a reason to go out and better herself for the sake of a consistent character motivation that justifies her appearances. I'm down for that. So far, when it comes to the games, I've only ever seen her get included because something she loves has either gotten kidnapped or she's been the one who gets kidnapped. 

Or she'll get lost in the Cryptic Castle for some odd reason.

That's if they even can do that; the answer implies to me that SEGA are as much controlling how she's presented as the Archie staff are working out how to make her fit. 

On 3/21/2016 at 6:02 PM, Dr. Chaotix said:

I'm certain that her ability to fight wasn't exactly what he meant. Certainly, it's not as good as the portrayal of the other kid characters who do fight but that's only really because she is the kind of character who doesn't actively pursue combat. 

My only real issue with that is that it does make her inclusion feel a bit extraneous. There was a long, long, long period of time where Cream wasn't even in the comics and I feel that was due to the staff not really knowing what to do with her and how to even get her in. She wasn't even in the first Sonic and Megaman crossover. Not even as a cameo. 

She's got more of a presence now but it still feels like he's just kind of sticking her into the expected crowd with the main cast. That is where most expect her to be after all. What to do on top of that? Depends on what kind of stories they want to tell and whether or not they want to take the next step that SEGA's never taken and actually give her a reason to go out and better herself for the sake of a consistent character motivation that justifies her appearances. I'm down for that. So far, when it comes to the games, I've only ever seen her get included because something she loves has either gotten kidnapped or she's been the one who gets kidnapped. 

Or she'll get lost in the Cryptic Castle for some odd reason.

I know he wasn't really questioning her ability to fight, I took issue with him saying fighting, specifically being on top of fights, is not "who they are". Yes, Cream was made primarily to be the "Moe appeal" and has a pacifistic personality but she's also consistently presented as more powerful than she looks, often to game breaking levels. Cream may not start fights but she can finish them and she and Cheese are not to be underestimated (at least, that's my interpretation of her character), Ian was pretty much saying the opposite is true about her. 

EXACTLY!!! Both of those things, among others, is why I'm so frustrated with Cream's treatment in the comics thus far! Cream didn't get to appear in the comics for so long and even after she got in her appearances were minuscule/negligible, even leaving her out of a major crossover event that every other character got to take part in (or at least make a cameo). I expected them to start utilizing Cream more often to make up for that AND I was hoping they would give her motivation/purpose to hopefully redeem her character in the eyes of fans by doing so. But instead, throughout Shattered World Crisis (and even the SECOND major crossover event) they had Cream appear just to get maternalized by Sally (who I swear is leeching off Amy's role as Cream's "big sister figure") and forced by her to stay on Sky Patrol literally doing nothing. While Charmy and Big get to go out to help save the world, Cream is restricted to serving cookies and coffee...

On 3/21/2016 at 6:07 PM, Detective Reptiles said:

That's if they even can do that; the answer implies to me that SEGA are as much controlling how she's presented as the Archie are working out how to make her fit. 

So SEGA has been a major reason as to why Cream has been handled so crappy in the comics thus far? *Sigh* Goddammit SEGA... First they screw over Cream's character by not giving her enough depth from the get-go, then they ruined her relationship with Amy (and still are if the latest M&S Olympic games is any indication), then they fundamentally replaced her with a jungle badger, NOW they're restricting Cream's portrayal in the one piece of medium that's willing to give her any form of appearance...

Edited by Kaotic Kanine

1 hour ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

1 hour ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

I know he wasn't really questioning her ability to fight, I took issue with him saying fighting, specifically being on top of fights, is not "who they are". Yes, Cream was made primarily to be the "Moe appeal" and has a pacifistic personality but she's also consistently presented as more powerful than she looks, often to game breaking levels. Cream may not start fights but she can finish them and she and Cheese are not to be underestimated (at least, that's my interpretation of her character), Ian was pretty much saying the opposite is true about her. 

EXACTLY!!! Both of those things, among others, is why I'm so frustrated with Cream's treatment in the comics thus far! Cream didn't get to appear in the comics for so long and even after she got in, they left her out of a major crossover event. I expected them to start utilizing Cream more often to make up for that AND I was hoping they would give her motivation/purpose to hopefully redeem her character in the eyes of fans by doing so. But instead, throughout Shattered World Crisis (and even the SECOND major crossover event) they had Cream appear just to get maternalized by Sally (who I swear is leeching off Amy's role as Cream's "big sister figure") and forced by her to stay on Sky Patrol literally doing nothing. While Charmy and Big get to go out to help save the world, Cream is restricted to serving cookies and coffee...

So SEGA has been a major reason as to why Cream has been handled so crappy in the comics thus far? *Sigh* Goddammit SEGA... First they screw over Cream's character by not giving her enough depth from the get-go, then they ruined her relationship with Amy (and still are if the latest M&S Olympic games is any indication), then they fundamentally replaced her with a jungle badger, NOW they're restricting Cream's portrayal in the one piece of medium that's willing to give her any form of appearance... 

By saying that fighting is "not who she is" I don't think think he meant to say that she is to be underestimated or that she can't finish fights. According to the summary above, he said she can hold her own fine but she isn't as on top of it as a lot of the other characters, which is something I can agree with, because it does make sense. It sounded more like he was talking about her general personality. Being able to finish fights is good but being a character who typically doesn't like to start them and has little experience compared to the others does understandably make it hard to work with what you've got. That's not an excuse to not try but when you've got a comic with so many characters who do have a bit more to them when it comes to something they have to consistently occupy their time or a character motivation of some sort, it can be pressing to find a justifiable reason for their inclusion outside of being popular. That problem could be fixed if they just... GAVE her something to work with but apparently SEGA doesn't want that for some reason.

And at least she got to appear in that Olympic Game. I'd rather be able to play as a character I liked then to see them in a comic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

By saying that fighting is "not who she is" I don't think think he meant to say that she is to be underestimated or that she can't finish fights. According to the summary above, he said she can hold her own fine but she isn't as on top of it as a lot of the other characters, which is something I can agree with, because it does make sense. It sounded more like he was talking about her general personality. Being able to finish fights is good but being a character who typically doesn't like to start them and has little experience compared to the others does understandably make it hard to work with what you've got. That's not an excuse to not try but when you've got a comic with so many characters who do have a bit more to them when it comes to something they have to consistently occupy their time or a character motivation of some sort, it can be pressing to find a justifiable reason for their inclusion outside of being popular. That problem could be fixed if they just... GAVE her something to work with but apparently SEGA doesn't want that for some reason.

Okay, I guess that's a good point as to why "fighting" isn't what Cream is. But still, she can fight and is a capable fighter despite her disposition and despite not being as experienced as her friends (even if she needs Cheese by her side), so Ian having her stay on Sky Patrol doing literally nothing except housework isn't justified.

That is true about having to work around the other characters. But, if you ask me, that can be remedied by utilizing them depending on how often they take action. For instance, Sally Acorn has had a major, active role in almost every story since the Reboot and even got her own SU Arc to boot (okay, technically it's Nicole's but she and Sally are so connected that it might as well be considered Sally's Arc as well), meanwhile Cream has only had ONE important moment at the end of one of those stories (and said moment was pretty much ruined entirely by focusing on another of Sally's pity parties). Why not have Sally take a backseat for a very long little while and allow Cream much needed prominence? Or how about Cream starts filling in for Amy, since the latter is presently traveling with Knuckles to help find the Master Emerald shards?

1 hour ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

And at least she got to appear in that Olympic Game. I'd rather be able to play as a character I liked then to see them in a comic. 

That is true. Sorry for unintentionally bringing that up ^^; (Still, I wish Ian would freaking use Cream in a favorable way like he is with Charmy and Big)

23 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

-Can we see Cream and Cheese fight someone in the comic and win - Cream is not the same level of active combatant as the rest of the cast, younger like Tails but he grew up under Sonic, she and Cheese can hold their own but not ones to actively seek battle and not best equipped for battle, certain limitations they have to work with because of them being SEGA characters, will see Cream and Cheese get into the fray, just don't expect them to be on top of every battle like Sonic.

I am a little confused, did SEGA mandate specifically restrict him from making Cream willing to fight? I thought he just doesn’t know how to handle her because the Archie universe is so different from the game universe (world is in shamble because Eggman rules the world, no happy peaceful place, all main character work in some kind of organization, fighting everyday), and he can’t change her detail so she would fit in due to mandate which is ooc anyway.

Cream & Cheese fighting Emerl in Sonic X wasn’t weird, so I am sure Archie can make them join a fight. Sure, she isn’t the type to like fighting but she would certainly fight if her friends are in trouble. It doesn’t have to be a big fight too, She can throw Cheese at a swarm of badniks that the FF didn’t destroy or say something meaningful that helps someone and it’ll count as doing something useful and significant. I think it would work best if Ian didn’t throw Cream into the FF just so Sally can be a good mom and instead tag her with Amy like Sonic and Tails. Amy could do the fighting=Sonic, Cream can be the support=Tails.

And “not best equipped” huh? I understand if Cream herself doesn’t have any moves except maybe stomp on people, but Cheese has unlimited possibility. I would love it if Archie made Cheese op, but is rarely used because they don't like to fight...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/22/2016 at 0:54 PM, KoDaiko said:

Cream & Cheese fighting Emerl in Sonic X wasn’t weird, so I am sure Archie can make them join a fight. Sure, she isn’t the type to like fighting but she would certainly fight if her friends are in trouble. It doesn’t have to be a big fight too, She can throw Cheese at a swarm of badniks that the FF didn’t destroy or say something meaningful that helps someone and it’ll count as doing something useful and significant. I think it would work best if Ian didn’t throw Cream into the FF just so Sally can be a good mom and instead tag her with Amy like Sonic and Tails. Amy could do the fighting=Sonic, Cream can be the support=Tails.

YES! That's another, but increasingly major, reason why Cream's treatment throughout SWC frustrates me to no end! (Putting reason in spoilers so it doesn't take up space and so those who are sick of my "Cream rants" can avoid it)

Spoiler

Sally already has a lot of things going for her (there's a reason she's frequently labeled as a "Creator's Pet"), she certainly didn't need another one in being Cream's "mother/sister figure." It's especially unnecessary since Cream already has a mother figure and a sister figure in Vanilla and Amy Rose respectively, the latter whom Cream is the sidekick to. Cream should be grouped with Amy and Amy should be the one mentoring Cream, but Ian instead grouped Cream with Sally to give Sally yet another positive trait and I assume out of favoritism.

Although it probably wouldn't be bad if Cream and Sally's relationship was any good, but isn't in the slightest. Almost every time they're shown together, Cream states that she wishes to take part in the action or go on a mission and Sally without fail says "No, you're too young and inexperienced", which completely ignores Cream's involvement in Advance 2&3, Heroes, Battle, and the fight with Metal Sonic in 256. Honestly, this relationship is nothing but damaging as it forces Cream to do literally nothing at all, right after being made an official member of the Freedom Fighters and during a very important event that establishes the status quo for the reboot (so Cream's enforced inaction is NOT giving her any good long-term impressions), and makes Sally look bad by either being a blind idiot in regards to Cream's capabilities or simply having no faith in Cream at all.

Oh yeah, there's also the fact that this "treatment" is a complete repeat of Tails and Amy's treatment in the early comics; being shunted to the sidelines by Sally due to age despite their desire to help and despite being major game characters who are very capable. Both of those moments were incredibly idiotic, especially in Tails' case, and are rightfully seen as stupid moments by many people, so that begs the question of why Ian would do this with Cream. I mean, he ought to know better! But I guess it's worth it in order to show how "great" of a mom Sally can be, even though she's already "great" at so many other things <_< 

But yeah, that's what should've happened! Cream should be tagging alongside Amy, truly acting as the Tails to her Sonic, not acting as Sally's support (which is what Nicole already is) and especially not being mothered by Sally.

Man, I really wish the Bumbleking Forums were still around. My rants about this are much more suited there than here as Ian would be able to actually see them.

Edited by Kaotic Kanine

• 2 weeks later...

This episode is going dark and gritty, now including more bats and aliens.

Episode 14; 

Yep, today's episode discussion is about Batman vs Superman the movie, discussing both the pros and (many, many) cons. Be warned that it contains lots of spoilers. And lots of ranty Ian.

But if you want something on the lighter side, we have the regular Q&A!

-Food and water in New Mobotropolis regularly and after BBA attack - Some orchards in city for food, either a river close by or aquifer for water, marketplace on side of town where suppliers and merchants from other cities traded, BBA only really damaged Castle Acorn and not the city, not everything in New Mobotropolis was Nanites, natural stuff was in place to begin with.

-Unleashed locations avoided - Not avoiding, haven't got to them yet, in Unleashed "adaptationfocus was on exploring the world and not hitting every location, readers were getting weary of slow approach, going to be seeing a lot of the Unleashed locations from #280 onwards, not delving as deep as some may expect, arc is about set-up for later, locations can be established for later exploration, wanted to hit on the more personal stories where he could, more about minutia and backstory to likes of hub characters that could be ignored, dabbling in both PS360 and WiiS2 versions as stories were a bit different, 

- Mythical mobians - Wouldn't put too fine a point on it just yet, if he confirmed a species readers would take that to extreme for confirmation, imagines that there are, dragons here are not ethereal powerhouses that they were pre-reboot, pre-reboot dance on edge of mythical, post-reboot dragons are powerful but just another species, not so special, there will be fun stuff revolving around Dulcy and fate etc [that and the giant phoenix bird we know about], 

-Snake limb technicalities, or if Mordred had limbs before being an Egg Boss - Snakes have arms but no legs [so exactly like pre-reboot], Mordred looks like he has mechanical arms and legs, legs are definitely so, undecided if arms are armoured or replaced with cybernetics, definitely had arms before his gig, helps to let other potential snake characters function as individuals and not just be giant talking snakes, having legs on them would basically make them lizards [given how closely related they are, that isn't too much of a stretch].

-How much written each day - not a solid daily quotient, depends on time available or what assignments he has, Worlds Unite had tight deadlines so wrote almost daily, can go a week or two without having to write, for random ideas or game docs or ideas that will never see print it happens any time, any day, sometimes hours or multiple hours, as needed for all of it.

-Favourite voice actor - Yuri Lowenthal, Matthew Mercer [LOL] good for portraying, Rob Paulsen is versatile, Keith David (liked him as Goliath, is an interesting voice), Kyle thinks anyone who was on Animaniacs was amazing, Mike Pollock, the rest of the Sonic Boom/general Sonic franchise cast, Scott Menville has one voice but it's a consistent and convincing voice, Cam Clarke similar but with 2 or 3, David Hayter gets a nod for being definitive voice of Snake, Tara Strong is prevalent and for a reason, Kyle also chips in Laura Bailey, Jennifer Hale, Grey DeLisle, not an exhaustive list, Ian would love to voice act, knows it's exhausting, his dad has done small parts for most of his life, breaking into industry is pretty tough.

-

• Thumbs Up 2