Awoo.

Glitches in Video Games

JeffCharizardFlame

I think we've ALL had that time where a game does something unintended or bugs out. I just thought I'd post a topic about some notable examples of glitches I've experienced in my time as a gamer, whether good or bad, and make a discussion out of it.

I was playing LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 on my Wii one day, and I got to the part in Year 2 (Chamber of Secrets) where you're in the diary sequence following Tom Riddle to young Hagrid. Well, there's a section where you have to build a bridge out of LEGO blocks you free move to areas in the level, and a few pieces are held by Cornish Pixies. I got to the point where you release the Pixies holding these pieces, and one of them flew in front of the camera in its T-Pose, with a blank expression on its face, and then the game continued as normal. This startled me so I went to where the pixie should have been, but the block it was holding just floated there, in mid air. I went looking for the pixie, and found it in its piece holding animation, while not holding anything, near the exit of the current area. I've never been able to replicate it, and it's never happened to me in the Windows release either.

Now for an entirely different, frustrating glitch. I have the unfortunate pleasure of owning Dragon Ball Z: Sagas on the GameCube, and during the fight with Ginyu after he took over Goku's body, as Vegeta I was about to finish the fight, but right at the end Ginyu clipped through the stage after I knocked him into the level boundaries, forcing me into a limbo-esque state where the fight was still active, but I couldn't end the fight at all. What's worse, Jeice was still active as well, so I couldn't attack him to end the fight either because of how he's programmed in the Ginyu as Goku fight. So I ended up having to restart the ENTIRE mission.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was playing Okami on the Wii, which is pretty much the greatest video game I've ever played, but an entire area (inside the Water Dragon I think) was ruined because Amaterasu's face decided to leave her body and glitch through the floor. I couldn't leave, and so some emotional cutscenes and heavy plot occured with the eternal Sun God's face stretching off into the ground.

Kinda killed the mood.

• Thumbs Up 1