Awoo.

ARTWORK/PIXEL ART: Cyberblade's place of art stuff

Cyberblade

When the gallery system came along I was supportive of it, I saw a way to bring order to the chaos that was the forum system, but I realized soon that the gallery system was just not cut out for a forum. I am ecstatic to see things return to the way they were, and perhaps the simpler setup combined with a more visible space will bring the artwork back to the limelight it deserves. Anyways, nobody came here to read about gallerys vs forums, but rather to see my stuff. Well, at least I hope you've come to see that. ^^; Anyways, I'll try to keep things short and let the work speak for itself.

fix2candidate.png

This is a redesign of my character Cyberblade I made at the beginning of the year. Originally he looked like this, but I felt that in his story and consequently his design he had grown too serious, and was a difficult character to draw as anything but serious.

finishedpic.png

Naz's character Kiei dressed as Tales of Symphonias clumsy assassin Sheena. Kiei really isn't the type of character expected to be seen in pink. ^^;

complete1.png

So heres the full version of the pic in my avvie. This is the last pixel art I completed at the end of January, and one of my greatest ever imo.

sketches2009.png

I'm not known for being much of an artist by hand, in fact I've always felt my hand drawn stuff to be rather horrifying. ^^; But I've been starting to get better at it, due in part because of an idle hand in class. ^^; These are just a few of the better sketches I've scanned in, all of them of my character Cyberblade.

Comments and critique are all quite welcome. I have a lot more artwork that I've made over the years, but theres a bit much to consider posting here considering their age. Feel free to check out my gallery and scraps on my deviantart page for more information and older artwork. ^^

Edited by Cyberblade

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyberblade

• Little Miss Fortunes

• Candescence

• Katanga Askar

It's good to see one of the original SSN'ers posting his sprites again. Maybe peopel will follow suit. ;)

Now, I've seen the CyberBlade ones before via DA, I dunno if I commented though, so they are very wll done. The proportions on the lying down one are better as well as the shading, but I still adore the first one. The guy's cute. Nothing like the feral thing that preceeded him.

The one I hadn't seen was the Kiei one. Now, I don't think the shading on this is as thorough as on the CB ones, but ah well. The modelling is extremely good, and the details on the tail really caught my eye. So kudos there.

I've also noticed that you draw hands better the larger your PAs are, so stick larger. XD

Jeez, I never thought I'd be giving you constructive critisism. I can remember when your edits were godly to me.

Thanks alot for the comments. ^^ I've not completed much for a while. ^^; I only completed one PA in 2008. I've been trying to get more into it, and as evidenced by the three posted in this topic I succeeded for January, but I've not done anything since. I went for the smaller form to try and make things easier to complete, and quite agree with you that I do hands better on larger PA's, but larger PA's take longer. XD

Yeah, I made Cyber cuter on purpose. By far a better move then the feral thing he was before. It helped make a more expressive character (As evidenced by the many different expressions on my sketches), and at the same time brought something fresh to the table.

Heh, I still have many of those edits. ^^; Though they're nowhere near as godly looking now.

• 3 weeks later...

Updatez:

Some more drawing. I've been improving bit by bit I think. ^^.

cyberWTF_3-19-2009_2.jpgshadedCyber2.png

I really like how these came out. Both of them were shaded entirely with a regular black mechanical pencil, and then given color using the GIMP graphics program. I'm aware the feet look terrible on the one pic, but they were scribbled on at the last moment. ^^;

pretzel2.png

Chris's character Artumis choking on a pretzel. If you were an avid reader of the CoDS RP that took place on these forums a while ago then you might get this. I tried to ink this pic, than shade with colored pencils. Check my DA if you want more of the story.

Comment and critique as always. I'm trying to improve my drawing, so please point out anything even if you think I had to have noticed it. ^^

Edited by Cyberblade

• 1 month later...

Wow, Cyber!

I simply adore your Pixel Arts! I know you know how much I love Cyber already, but I'm just gonna stress it again: I love him so much~! He's such a cute and expressive character whilst having a wild edge to him that emphasises his "mischievous rogue scamp" kind of personality. From his scruffy hair, to the war-paint-esque markings, to his casual attire, to his youthful features, everything just... works. I love hos his poses serve to compliment his expression and general mood - it makes him look like a highly animated individual. ^ ^ An awesome design for an awesome character made by an awesome person. Hey! We got a cute little family of awesome there now~

Kiei looks so amused. XD But we all know how fun it is to dress characters up in clothes they usually wouldn't be caught dead wearing~. It actually kind of suits her, though - I'm not sure if I would have guessed that they weren't her normal attire if you didn't state it, though I'm not sure how you managed to make such unlikely clothes look convincing on the character, though. XD There's something very eye-catching about her ears and tail, as well, I love the fluffy details at the tips! X3

I really love how you colour your PAs in general; how the highlights are more prominent towards the centre and gradually become darker towards the edges, and how you manage to give the impression of intricate little details without making them obvious, like textures and the details on Cyber's shorts. I don't know, it really gives them a 3D, tangible air to them, like you could just reach out and touch them, whilst still retaining a charismatic and cartoonish charm about them. It's really amazing!

As for your hand-drawn works, they're not horrendous at all! I really like them! I love the many faces of Cyber, especially the weirded out "Blech, diet..." one. XD Rofl! Clever idea, hiding his hands in his pockets XD They're the bane of an artist! I think you draw them really well, though, from what I can see of them. Oh yes, and I'd like to know what that formula is in English too! XD

I love the coloured ones as well~ Especially the way you did Cyber's hair in the full-body pic, it's quite addictive to look at @w@ His expressions are adorable as well, though that's kind of a given seeing as he always has adorable expressions. XD I think it's amazing how you shaded it from the use of traditional and digital devices combined - it's fresh and proves that traditionalism doesn't have to be entirely phased out for digital works to be impressive!

The inking and shading on Artumis is really awesome! I find it insanely difficult to ink or shade with colouring pencils, myself, but you've done it amazingly! And this is the work of someone who says he's not so great at traditional art? Pah, I say! You're really, really talented! Artumis has a very militaristic look about him, and something about him reminds me a bit of DBZ-style for some reason... It might be the eyes. Unfortunately I never got to read CoDS, but it's certainly an intriguing story from what I've heard... Rofl, and the Big Bad choking on a pretzel is a rather hilarious image. XD

Keep at the great artworks, Cyber~!

• 4 weeks later...

Updatez with new stuff. Lots of new stuff.

First up is an art trade with my now GF Summer, *See above post for awesome person in question* Though the trade was done before we got together it's still epic. You'll find her piece posted shortly in her art topic on SSN here. Check it out, her artwork is amazing.

The art trade in question was started by me, though considering the theme and Summers lovable attraction towards all things cute it would be easy to mix up. <3 Basically the theme was to draw the others character if they had been designed as the entirely opposite gender. So I changed her character Lucky into

LuckytheboyComplete1.png

I went with a theme of her character in that Lucky wants to appear strong. So I aimed for the non-nonchalant pretty boy look. I think it came out quite well. Some parts in the shading are a bit awkward I admit, but it all works.

--------------------------------------------

The next piece is called "The Wolf, the Bird, and the Moon" for a reason. If either the full moon, or the bird flipped offend you, don't click.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/Cyber...n_Complete1.png

I wanted a very low color stylized look, and I think I got it. The fur looks furry, the hair looks hairy, and the moon is shiny. I'm not so sure on the folds on the shorts, but they finally came out acceptable. 17 colors counting black and white.

---------------------------------------------

Now I'm usually always looking for critique, and that holds true for anything above. But I'm not looking for any of that on this piece. This is a collab with Summer (Again, check her topic HERE <3) that was started shortly after I told her I loved her. This started as a sketch which she has posted to her topic which I'm sure I've linked to enough in this thread, and I traced it into pixel form. Her copy has a lilac background, mine has a blue one. The version I'm posting here has a transparent BG.

Simply called "<3"

complete.png

:wub:

-----------------------------------------------

More coming soon. ^^

Edited by Cyberblade

DAMMIT! Stop making me jealous! First your art (I can't draw for shit), now you and Summer are 'dating'... Luckybastard*grumblegrumble*

Haha, but seriously, that's awesome, though I should've read the warning before I looked at the second pic. BRAIN BLEACH! You certainly have a unique style. Granted, I'm not a good critic when it comes to art.

Edited by The Sniper

I still gawp at boy Lucky; you somehow took Failcat and got her him to be made of pure winnage on a stick wrapped up in a huge dose of awesome. <3 He actually reminds me of the kind of character that I never fail to end up obsessed with. X3 His hair looks so awesome and play-with-able, and, and PINK NOSE is the cutest thing ever! <3 And I lovelove that jacket for it is made of smezz, and those jeans, and omg those shoes are a million times better than I come up with. XD For some reason I find it totally adorable how the collar isn't as big and clunky on him as I draw it on the female version, and, and... It's just... too awesome ;_;

Seriously, if it wouldn't go against the fact that Lucky is made of fail, I'd give her a sex change in a heartbeat. X3

I just love the fluffy texture on Cyber in this pic, and I think the title is awesome - it gives such romantic imagery, and yet it is the complete opposite of romantic. X3 The pose and gesture(s) suit him all too well, and though he's being really naughty, he manages to be so amazingly adorable whilst he's at it. <3 I actually think the short creases came out really well O_O Looks like real fabric to me, and that can't be a bad thing. I like how small the tail looks here, as it serves to emphasise... the area just below the tail, and, all things considered, that'd be an area of focus here. Cyber's just awesome, and... FLUFFY TEXTURES! *plays with his fluffiness*

As for the <3. Weeeeeellll... I really don't know what to say other than its very title! It's just so flawless! You completely awesomeyified that sketch into skyward oblivion and adorable <3 It's just... Perfect.

♥ Just like you ♥

• 1 month later...

This was meant to be posted with the last batch of artwork, but was far from ready at the time. I've been working on this for a while as a cover for Cake's Explorers of Infinity Pokemon fanfic. About 2 months now actually. I'm so glad its finished. Despite how much of a pain it became at the end, I truly had fun making this since its so much different from my normal.

coverFinal.png

I actually started this out intended to do it as a vector artwork project, but when the lineart was all traced I realized I couldn't shade for crap in Inkscape. ^^; So I retraced the lineart into the GIMP and transfered it to Kolourpaint to work on as pixel art. I'm rather pleased with the results, though the BG was more rushed then I would have liked, I just had to get it done.

--------------------------------------------------------

Explorers of Infinity Chapter 2 Part 1

Edited by Cyberblade

• 3 weeks later...

Double post. X3 This PA has turned out rather well IMO. It's the first PA of a girl I've done from scratch that I'm actually 100% pleased with the results of. Of course, it's not just any girl, but my GF Summer's character Lucky. (See 3 posts up) <3 This started out vastly different than the final version, since it took me a few times to hit my mark. I was trying for something with just a little bit of a naughty appearance behind an excessively cute pose and image. I think I finally hit that mark. Here is "Summers Luck"

complete01.png

As for the question some of you are asking, "Why is she in a swimsuit?" My answer to you all is "Why not?" XD