Awoo.

The Introduction Topic

Indigo Rush

7 minutes ago, Delta Starfire said:

*waves with only slight anxiety*

Hey. It's been several years since I was last active here. I decided to put in another appearance, because I miss having a Sonic community. I changed my username, but when I was here last, I was under the name Bethany GRT, and prior to that I was under the name Eon Squirrel.

Anyway, hello again.

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

Welcome back to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

Hope this place gives you the Sonic community you missed!

5 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Welcome back to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

Hope this place gives you the Sonic community you missed!

Thanks. I hope so too.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Delta Starfire said:

*waves with only slight anxiety*

Hey. It's been several years since I was last active here. I decided to put in another appearance, because I miss having a Sonic community. I changed my username, but when I was here last, I was under the name Bethany GRT, and prior to that I was under the name Eon Squirrel.

Anyway, hello again.

I remember you posting in the Ken Penders topic back in the day. Welcome back and hope you enjoy your stay!

1 minute ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I remember you posting in the Ken Penders topic back in the day. Welcome back and hope you enjoy your stay!

Well, I hope that's a positive memory. 😛

Just now, Delta Starfire said:

Well, I hope that's a positive memory. 😛

Yes, it is, don't worry. xD

4 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Yes, it is, don't worry. xD

Well, that's reassuring. Is that topic still going?

Yep, it is. I don't go on it much anymore, so I can't tell you anything about its current happenings, but it seems to still be fairly active. (I'm not super active on these forums in general actually, but I'm around here and there xP)

43 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Yep, it is. I don't go on it much anymore, so I can't tell you anything about its current happenings, but it seems to still be fairly active. (I'm not super active on these forums in general actually, but I'm around here and there xP)

Well, I may check that out some time, if I fancy looking at the trainwreck again. 😛

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, I am new here

Have known this site for many years I just didn't feel like I was a good fit here but I recently thought about trying it out.

Awesome job on the site though, and its so cool that it picked up my Gravatar when I registered.

I hang out mainly on sonicretro but let's see how this goes. I like a varied conversation because on sonicretro the focus is too much on ancient hardware and far too little on art or new developments.

6 hours ago, Sonikku2k said:

Hello, I am new here

Have known this site for many years I just didn't feel like I was a good fit here but I recently thought about trying it out.

Awesome job on the site though, and its so cool that it picked up my Gravatar when I registered.

I hang out mainly on sonicretro but let's see how this goes. I like a varied conversation because on sonicretro the focus is too much on ancient hardware and far too little on art or new developments.

Hello Sonikku2k! Welcome to SSMB. ^_^

10 hours ago, Sonikku2k said:

Hello, I am new here

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

I'm sure you'll fit right in, so feel free to start a conversation!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, new gal over here. I've known about this site for a good while and I've started to particularly lurk around these forums during these past few months. I've decided to take the plunge and finally join these forums. 

Anyways, a bit about myself. I'm a young transwoman who recently started studying art and animation for college last year, so of course those are my main interests, expect a lot of art posts here, lol. I also like editing videos together, and I used to make YTPs, though nowadays I don't really do them. I wanna do some other kinds of vids besides YTP in the future. I'm also a small time fangame developer. I'm currently in the early stages of making a Sonic fangame, but I'm taking a bit of a break from it to focus on my studies. I'm hoping to get back into making it by the time my summer break rolls around.

So anyways, yeah that's the gist of it. I hope to post around here fairly often since I don't usually do well in a forum setting, but I got a good feeling about this one. Hopefully I'll get all nice and comfy in this place :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to the SSMB! Hope you enjoy your stay here and yes, it is comfy, nice and there are good feelings most of the time. :)

Wait a minute...I know you! Now that's a surprise coming here. You might not know me though but at least give a few hints such as former tennis player, often at the gaming section, lunatic fringe and was one of the oldest members when I was at a different place to the point where one of the members considered me an Old Man. To be honest I don't blame you for making different types of videos, YTPs have had a negative effect on people as I know from personal experience. Hope you get to post some of the artwork here in the future!

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Loopone said:

Welcome to the SSMB! Hope you enjoy your stay here and yes, it is comfy, nice and there are good feelings most of the time. :)

Wait a minute...I know you! Now that's a surprise coming here. You might not know me though but at least give a few hints such as former tennis player, often at the gaming section, lunatic fringe and was one of the oldest members when I was at a different place to the point where one of the members considered me an Old Man. To be honest I don't blame you for making different times of videos, YTPs have had a negative effect on people as I know from personal experience. Hope you get to post some of the artwork here in the future!

Oh shoot! I wasn't expecting someone to actually recognize me from those old YTP forums. I don't remember you though. Though from your demeanor I think I may have a few guesses 

But yeah, thanks for the warm welcome c:

1 hour ago, Palette said:

Hey, new gal over here. I've known about this site for a good while and I've started to particularly lurk around these forums during these past few months. I've decided to take the plunge and finally join these forums. 

Anyways, a bit about myself. I'm a young transwoman who recently started studying art and animation for college last year, so of course those are my main interests, expect a lot of art posts here, lol. I also like editing videos together, and I used to make YTPs, though nowadays I don't really do them. I wanna do some other kinds of vids besides YTP in the future. I'm also a small time fangame developer. I'm currently in the early stages of making a Sonic fangame, but I'm taking a bit of a break from it to focus on my studies. I'm hoping to get back into making it by the time my summer break rolls around.

So anyways, yeah that's the gist of it. I hope to post around here fairly often since I don't usually do well in a forum setting, but I got a good feeling about this one. Hopefully I'll get all nice and comfy in this place :) 

My friend Loopone knows you? Well, a friend of his is a friend of mine!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, hyperturbofox17 said:

HelloI Am New Here!

I Am Hyperturbo17

And I Am A Game Makers!

Game maker, huh? Sweet!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Knight56 here! I've gotten pretty into Sonic the Hedgehog over the past few years, despite being indifferent toward it through most of my childhood. I hope to be a helpful and insightful member here on the forums!

Also, I am thinking about making some fanfictions based on the games, more specifically retellings to help better explain what I think are misunderstood or poorly portrayed storylines. We'll see how that turns out however!

2 minutes ago, Knight56 said:

Hello, Knight56 here! I've gotten pretty into Sonic the Hedgehog over the past few years, despite being indifferent toward it through most of my childhood. I hope to be a helpful and insightful member here on the forums!

Also, I am thinking about making some fanfictions based on the games, more specifically retellings to help better explain what I think are misunderstood or poorly portrayed storylines. We'll see how that turns out however!

A fellow writer, huh? Nice to meet ya!

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Knight56 said:

Welcome to the stadium, Knight56!

You write fanfiction too? Have any pointers?

11 hours ago, Bloxxerboy said:

Welcome to the stadium, Knight56!

You write fanfiction too? Have any pointers?

Well, I think I'd be more helpful if I saw some of your work. But to me, one of the more underappreciated things is setting description. It can really set the mood for the rest of the chapter or story, and I've found in my reviews on other sites that it can really help.

One of the ideas I have floating around right now is a retelling of Shadow the Hedgehog's Last Story, as it seems to be heavily bashed for having a story ridden with plot holes and having a poor explanation of what really happened. I aim to fix that by using most of the levels present in the game and tying them all together to build up to the climax. I think it would honestly do a service to the community.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Umm, hello there. Just freshly looking into forums, (never done before, only on Sonic Retro [even there I don't have my account, just lurk] and some polish Sonic-related forum that I lost it's URL years ago) decided to just make an account so my username won't be taken if I wanted to make an account later. Don't expect me to write that much, I'm just shy overall.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, lh11 said:

Umm, hello there. Just freshly looking into forums, (never done before, only on Sonic Retro [even there I don't have my account, just lurk] and some polish Sonic-related forum that I lost it's URL years ago) decided to just make an account so my username won't be taken if I wanted to make an account later. Don't expect me to write that much, I'm just shy overall.

Nothing wrong with reserving your place! Hope to see you around soon!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, lh11 said:

Welcome to SSMB! We're glad to have you and hope you feel welcome. Feel free to dive in and join the discourse whenever you feel comfortable, and don't be a stranger!