Awoo.

The Introduction Topic

Indigo Rush

Wut up?  Just created an account not too long ago.  Been playing sonic since the very 1st game (although Knuckles is my favorite character).  Favorite game is S3&K.  I'm a dance/techno/chiptune artist... been makin music since 2008 (mostly remixes of other songs).  Anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello there, I'm David. I used to play the Doctor in the TV series Doctor Who. 

Just kidding, my real name is Oscar, but I'm used to call myself Dante The Gamer or Chensen in other sites as Youtube, Sonic Retro, various forums, etc. I'm 19 years old, Argentinian and I'm passionate for Sonic since I was 6, and I'm still fan of it. Let me share you a little very long tale about how it all started, though.

Everything surged one day as a kid after getting a haircut, when suddenly, a friend of my dad came to my house at night and brought a strange console I never heard of. When I asked him the name I literally heard "Drinca" but he corrected me saying it was "Dreamcast". Then, he puts a game, the booting logo showed up and then a black starry background shows a logo shape and knives sounds forming, out of sudden, the words "SONIC ADVENTURE 2" and the shape of sonic's hair on its top and shadow's on its bottom. I was still unconcerned, until I heard that rock music and the space-y sounds and got to the first level "City Escape". When I started playing it, I got instantly in love with the game and I was about to yell just like that famous youtube video but not that high, though. Since then, I got to play other Dreamcast games as well, but my passion would go towards Sonic Adventure 2 more than any other game as ever. But then, my Dreamcast had to be sold in a year or so, sadly, because of financial troubles. 2 years would happen, though they seemed long enough, my dad bought another DC and I was like "Yay!" and as time went by, I would find any other games for Dreamcast about Sonic, such as Sonic Adventure or the classic Sonic games (they were on a disk which emulated up to 200 games from Megadrive into the DC). 6 months later (I was 9) my dad would buy a PC able to play almost PS2 kinda games, which meant I was able to know games like Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Heroes. Since then, I already knew I would become a big Sonic fan. I didn't had DC any more by that time and I didn't know how to get SA2 elsewhere, so I started doing PVM edits in SADX, thought they were crappy enough. By that time, I would already knew about Sonic games from 2005-2010, at least the main ones, but I wasn't able to play most because they were for PS2, X360/PS3, Wii, etc. Meanwhile, I still joined many other communities where I would continue to mod SADX and, among other things, I would then create my first Sonic fan characters (they were recolours but relax, they're dead now) and stories. When SG came out, I wasn't very convinced by Boost gameplay. Still, I got was amazed by the mods they were made on it and followed them on YouTube or Sonic Retro, but never interacted with any of them at all. Sadly, for a long time, I wouldn't be able to play them or SG because my newer PC had broke and my dad still didn't want me to give me another PC. Last year, I got a new PC since I was grown and all and actually got the posibility into playing SG and its mods, as well as making them, too. The problem was that I started college little after, so I wouldn't be able to learn much, but I still enjoy playing them and I recently did a YT channel to upload my own playthroughs of SG mods and other Sonic games (link to it will be in my sig, soon).

So yeah, I guess that was it, sorry for this long introduction post. About this site, I been wanting to join this place since not so long because I saw very good interesting topics and well, I wanted to share my thoughts on Sonic games or stories and such. I hope to be as active as much as I can and to be friendly as much as I can be. But, in other words, just to sum it up, let me say to you:

"Hello, there, Sonic Stadium!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Glad to meet you, Oscar! Might I say, you have a good taste in shows if I do say so myself! ;) 

Welcome to the forums, Oscar. Good to meet you. Enjoy your stay here.

Glad to meet you, Oscar! Might I say, you have a good taste in shows if I do say so myself! ;) 

Thank you, Faillinghearts and CJ! I'm also glad you're pleased to meet me! Actually, my tastes for shows is something I'm really proud by myself too! Also, don't want to sound mean or anything and I truly apologize, but I would prefer to be called David (Dante is better, though, since that's my YouTube user name)... and because it just feels awkward to me being called Oscar in English, sorry for that.

Edited by David Tennant
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess this goes here. Hi everyone, my name is Regen :) . I'm a long time Sonic fan, retro gaming fan and am currently studying at University for my Masters so I'm unsure how often I will come on here. Nevertheless, hi everyone.

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess this goes here. Hi everyone, my name is Regen :) . I'm a long time Sonic fan, retro gaming fan and am currently studying at University for my Masters so I'm unsure how often I will come on here. Nevertheless, hi everyone.

Hey there, Regen! Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I think I found where I'm supposed to go... anyways, hai gui-- *ahem* no, that's a bad impression. Hi guys, girls, and all other configurations of being. (much better) I'm going to call myself Gabby Jay and I have a serious habit of typing in all lower case, let's get that out of the way. I'm also a somewhat serious old-school fan... at least I like to think I am! The main reason I came around here is that I want to try my hand at fanfiction and I have an idea in mind involving the Genesis-era Sonic games mixed with other things. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone who'd be interested so I have one less thing to worry about.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I think I found where I'm supposed to go... anyways, hai gui-- *ahem* no, that's a bad impression. Hi guys, girls, and all other configurations of being. (much better) I'm going to call myself Gabby Jay and I have a serious habit of typing in all lower case, let's get that out of the way. I'm also a somewhat serious old-school fan... at least I like to think I am! The main reason I came around here is that I want to try my hand at fanfiction and I have an idea in mind involving the Genesis-era Sonic games mixed with other things. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone who'd be interested so I have one less thing to worry about.

Nice to meet you, Gabby Jay! Welcome to SSMB! Hope this place satisfies your fanfiction writing needs! :P

Nevertheless, enjoy your stay!

Nice to meet you, Gabby Jay! Welcome to SSMB! Hope this place satisfies your fanfiction writing needs! :P

Nevertheless, enjoy your stay!

Well, I have to start somewhere, but I don't want to start off with... overused... concepts, either; I know full well where that'll lead me. :(

Figured I might as well post here.

Ayy lmao, my brethren. I'm just some dude who likes both classic and modern Sonic games. Rare, I know. Well, I'm glad to say that I'm excited to contribute my own spaghetti to the conversations you people have around these parts.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all. See ya around, fam.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm just some dude who likes both classic and modern Sonic games.

Hi and welcome! :D

I like both of them too! Although I tend to have a favourite game from both the Classic and Modern era, but I like them both.

Ayy lmao, my brethren. I'm just some dude who likes both classic and modern Sonic games. Rare, I know. Well, I'm glad to say that I'm excited to contribute my own spaghetti to the conversations you people have around these parts.

You just made my day sir! :)

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

Nice to meet ya! Welcome to SSMB, enjoy your stay!

I guess this is where new members go to get acquainted. (Dang! Everything looks so different when you're a member...)

Well then, greetings everyone! I am Kaotic Kanine! I am a long time fan of the Sonic franchise and have recently been trying to get involved with the fandom. I may not contribute to this forum a lot but in the events that I do I hope my contributions are positive ones and that I don't become a bother. If I ever say something stupid or offensive, please feel free to call me out!

• Thumbs Up 4

I guess this is where new members go to get acquainted. (Dang! Everything looks so different when you're a member...)

Well then, greetings everyone! I am Kaotic Kanine! I am a long time fan of the Sonic franchise and have recently been trying to get involved with the fandom. I may not contribute to this forum a lot but in the events that I do I hope my contributions are positive ones and that I don't become a bother. If I ever say something stupid or offensive, please feel free to call me out!

Nice to meet ya, Kaotic Kanine!

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

• Thumbs Up 1

First post, making it count!

Hey all, the name is PeridotShades, but you can call me whatever nickname you come up with. I've been a Sonic fan for a majority of my life with my first game being Sonic Heroes, and my favorite being (probably) Sonic Adventure 2. I really didn't notice this thread until I wrote my about me, so really everything you need to know is there. Also, I'm apart of the staff for Shadow of a Hedgehog.

Happy to be apart of the forums! c:

• Thumbs Up 2

First post, making it count!

Hey all, the name is PeridotShades, but you can call me whatever nickname you come up with. I've been a Sonic fan for a majority of my life with my first game being Sonic Heroes, and my favorite being (probably) Sonic Adventure 2. I really didn't notice this thread until I wrote my about me, so really everything you need to know is there.

Happy to be apart of the forums! c:

Sonic Heroes was your first game? So was mine!

Enjoy your stay! Glad to have you here, PeridotShades!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! I'm A self-taught digital artist that is a huge fan of Sonic the Hedgehog! As of 10/30/15 I am new to this forum. I'm super excited to get to know you and enjoy all the Sonic awesomeness!

• Thumbs Up 4

Draw4Life, Welcome to The Sonic Stadium forum! It's nice to see you. Enjoy your stay! :)

Edited by CarFan3635
remove mention
  • Thumbs Up 1

H-hi everyone, m-m-my name is Angie... I'm new to Sonic Stadium and I l-loved playing S-s-sonic games as a kid! I c-can't wait to talk with you all and become f-friends...! *blushes and gets embarrassed*

• Thumbs Up 9

H-hi everyone, m-m-my name is Angie... I'm new to Sonic Stadium and I l-loved playing S-s-sonic games as a kid! I c-can't wait to talk with you all and become f-friends...! *blushes and gets embarrassed*

Nice to meet you, Angie! Welcome to SSMB, enjoy your stay! :)  

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey there! I'm A self-taught digital artist that is a huge fan of Sonic the Hedgehog! As of 10/30/15 I am new to this forum. I'm super excited to get to know you and enjoy all the Sonic awesomeness!

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Welcome! Don't be shy, it's nice to meet you! I hope you have a good time here!

• Thumbs Up 5

Hi there. I just signed up half an hour ago.

My friends say I obsess over Sonic too much. What do they know?

Anyway, I came here just in general to talk about things like Sonic and stuff.

It'd be nice to find a place to discuss my collection of theories, though. Also how much fun it is to do things like this.

• Thumbs Up 4