Awoo.

The Introduction Topic

Indigo Rush

1 minute ago, Tony Caline said:

Hullo, friends - New fella to the boards, been lurking here and there, and I decided to hop on 'n' register, feelin' nostalgic for the days of messageboard interactin'. As far as Sonic stuff goes, my history with it basically started with SA2:B on the GameCube, which blossomed into a love for all the Genesis classics a la Mega Collection, and eventually, the series just kind of got me introduced to most of the people I've been interacting with over the past decade or so. Amazin' stuff, that.

Anyway, pleased to meet ya'll. Hopefully I'll do more than just lurking beyond this point. Whoo!

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

Hope this message board truly does bring the nostalgia you're itchin' to feel!

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sonicfan34 said:

Awesome, Sonic Heroes rule! PS2 for me, the more infamous version lol. But i like to try and challenge myself in weekends to try and beat SUPER HARD without dying once, still not done it yet. But an excellent game indeed!

Ahhh, I wish I could play Heroes again... my disc is scratched to hell and back, though but I digress. I'll rebuy it used some day.

1 hour ago, Sonicfan34 said:

Awesome, Sonic Heroes rule! PS2 for me, the more infamous version lol. But i like to try and challenge myself in weekends to try and beat SUPER HARD without dying once, still not done it yet. But an excellent game indeed!

Oh,  a fellow PS2 Heroes runner! Excellent news!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it’s about time I spoke up. You might’ve spotted me when I first joined about three months ago. Of course, I’d hesitated since Forces was around the corner; I felt there wasn’t much room to get myself started.

With that said, I first got hooked on Sonic since 2 on the family Genesis, but I never bothered to try getting passed anything after Chemical Plant. I first bumped into this place when Sonic Generations was announced. The only real games I have “played” are SA2B, Colors, Generations, Lost World and Mania. Basically, just another Mario fanatic pretending to be a Sonic fan.  :rolleyes:

I’m big on platformers, and take it nice ’n’ easy when playing, so I don’t really consider myself real competent. But hey! I did beat Titanic Monarch with no game overs, two lives to spare, so I tend to surprise myself. I do intend on broadening my horizons and try more playstyles as well. I am indeed aware that current conditions surrounding the franchise may be the most pleasing, which I agree with, but I’m not one to debate, really.

What has attracted me towards this site over others is seeing all the various personalities and ideas come together. I haven’t bothered finding any other sites like this, but I feel Sonic is a franchise that brings alot of nice, unique people together.  This place is a great place to lounge around in, and with the holidays close by, I figured it was about time I jumped in. This will be my first community I join, and I’m very excited about taking this big step.

I don’t know how much I’ll spend time here for now, but until then, I’m very glad to meet you all! :thumbsup_tone1:

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SupahBerry said:

Well, it’s about time I spoke up. You might’ve spotted me when I first joined about three months ago. Of course, I’d hesitated since Forces was around the corner; I felt there wasn’t much room to get myself started.

With that said, I first got hooked on Sonic since 2 on the family Genesis, but I never bothered to try getting passed anything after Chemical Plant. I first bumped into this place when Sonic Generations was announced. The only real games I have “played” are SA2B, Colors, Generations, Lost World and Mania. Basically, just another Mario fanatic pretending to be a Sonic fan.  :rolleyes:

I’m big on platformers, and take it nice ’n’ easy when playing, so I don’t really consider myself real competent. But hey! I did beat Titanic Monarch with no game overs, two lives to spare, so I tend to surprise myself. I do intend on broadening my horizons and try more playstyles as well. I am indeed aware that current conditions surrounding the franchise may be the most pleasing, which I agree with, but I’m not one to debate, really.

What has attracted me towards this site over others is seeing all the various personalities and ideas come together. I haven’t bothered finding any other sites like this, but I feel Sonic is a franchise that brings alot of nice, unique people together.  This place is a great place to lounge around in, and with the holidays close by, I figured it was about time I jumped in. This will be my first community I join, and I’m very excited about taking this big step.

I don’t know how much I’ll spend time here for now, but until then, I’m very glad to meet you all! :thumbsup_tone1:

Welcome.... back to SSMB! Enjoy your continued stay!

I agree with ya. This place is also a great place to make friends and lounge around. So, good choice!

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Hi! My name is Nick Perkins, but you can call me Perkilator!

Roger that and pleased to meet ya!

9 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Hi! My name is Nick Perkins, but you can call me Perkilator!

So... If I'm to formally address you, would it be Mr. Perkilator? :U

Hello I am edgey Hedgey and I introduced my self in a topic I made, and after checking out this topic I realized I made a mistake. Sorry.

1 minute ago, edgeyhedgey said:

Hello I am edgey Hedgey and I introduced my self in a topic I made, and after checking out this topic I realized I made a mistake. Sorry.

No harm done. Now you know where intros are made!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! My name is Danielle. I've been a fan of Sonic since I was six going on seven, when I discovered Sonic Lost in Mario World on Newgrounds looking for Mario and Peach stuff. Being aspie, I became obsessed with the few seconds in the intro when Sonic fell against a black background. When I was seven, I started watching Sonic X on Saturdays and played a Sonic scene creator flash game on some site. And then I found deviantART. It was initially when I was looking for Amy Rose pictures, as well as Breezie from AoStH (which I watched on YouTube), but dA became my haven. I created an account named sonbreezie despite being under thirteen. I learned who Mina was from there. For Christmas 2009, I got the Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics DS port.

When I was eight, I watched SatAM and the Sonic OVA on YouTube, and got obsessed with Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3, and Sonic Triple Trouble. For Christmas 2010, I got Jazwares' Sonic and Knuckles action figures.

In 2011, I discovered Touhou, so there went my Sonic obsession, but I still really liked the games. For Christmas that year I got Jazwares' classic Sonic plush. Also when I was nine, in 2012, I got GE Entertainment's classic Amy plush at an FYE in Woodbridge Commons and Jazwares' classic Sonic and Amy (bundled with one of the Archie comics) at Toys "R" Us.

I showed some interest in the series when I was ten and eleven, and I went through phases when I was twelve, thirteen, and fourteen, but around eleven and twelve I disowned the fandom for some reason. However, I'm fifteen, and receiving Sonic Forces and a DL code for Sonic Mania this past Christmas has rekindled my love of the series.

I find being a Sonic fan easier than being a Toonami Faithful, as I've been for the past two and a half years. Just as long as I remember to keep some bleach close by, I'll be fine.

5 minutes ago, AzureLakeSanic said:

Hi! My name is Danielle. I've been a fan of Sonic since I was six going on seven, when I discovered Sonic Lost in Mario World on Newgrounds looking for Mario and Peach stuff. Being aspie, I became obsessed with the few seconds in the intro when Sonic fell against a black background. When I was seven, I started watching Sonic X on Saturdays and played a Sonic scene creator flash game on some site. And then I found deviantART. It was initially when I was looking for Amy Rose pictures, as well as Breezie from AoStH (which I watched on YouTube), but dA became my haven. I created an account named sonbreezie despite being under thirteen. I learned who Mina was from there. For Christmas 2009, I got the Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics DS port.

When I was eight, I watched SatAM and the Sonic OVA on YouTube, and got obsessed with Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3, and Sonic Triple Trouble. For Christmas 2010, I got Jazwares' Sonic and Knuckles action figures.

In 2011, I discovered Touhou, so there went my Sonic obsession, but I still really liked the games. For Christmas that year I got Jazwares' classic Sonic plush. Also when I was nine, in 2012, I got GE Entertainment's classic Amy plush at an FYE in Woodbridge Commons and Jazwares' classic Sonic and Amy (bundled with one of the Archie comics) at Toys "R" Us.

I showed some interest in the series when I was ten and eleven, and I went through phases when I was twelve, thirteen, and fourteen, but around eleven and twelve I disowned the fandom for some reason. However, I'm fifteen, and receiving Sonic Forces and a DL code for Sonic Mania this past Christmas has rekindled my love of the series.

I find being a Sonic fan easier than being a Toonami Faithful, as I've been for the past two and a half years. Just as long as I remember to keep some bleach close by, I'll be fine.

I remember disowning my own fandom for Sonic for several more... petty reasons, but that's behind me. :V

But glad you're getting back into the series!

Hm? Oh, right. Yeah. Customs.

*ahem*

Welcome t-

6 minutes ago, blueblur98 said:

hello danielle!

welcome to SSMB! enjoy your stay!

WgvV0.gif.6cf67b9c9c4b3db6063ae6fb496aa787.gif

Huh. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Oops, I didn't even know this topic was here! I signed up in December, though I've lurked for a long time and didn't join sooner because of my fear for participating in the fandom again. xD;

Anyway, I'm a freelance illustrator and graphic designer with a passion for character design. My favorite Sonic character is Silver, though I also love Infinite, Knuckles, Vector, Shadow, and Tails. <3 I have a few fan characters I'd love to post about... eventually, when I'm not so afraid to talk about them.  ;w;

Hopefully I can make some friends here!

• Promotion 1

Just now, Tikikata said:

Oops, I didn't even know this topic was here! I signed up in December, though I've lurked for a long time and didn't join sooner because of my fear for participating in the fandom again. xD; Hopefully I can make some friends here!

Pleased to meet ya, here on the SSMB! We've got quite an array of activities to help you mesh right in!

Just now, Tikikata said:

Oops, I didn't even know this topic was here! I signed up in December, though I've lurked for a long time and didn't join sooner because of my fear for participating in the fandom again. xD;

Anyway, I'm a freelance illustrator and graphic designer with a passion for character design. My favorite Sonic character is Silver, though I also love Infinite, Knuckles, Vector, Shadow, and Tails. <3 I have a few fan characters I'd love to post about... eventually, when I'm not so afraid to talk about them.  ;w;

Hopefully I can make some friends here!

Silver... goooooood choice, man! He's in my top 3! I can tell we can be good friends already!

You make fan characters, too? As a writer, I'd love to see them or give you advice, so throw 'em out when you're ready! Have fun here!

5 minutes ago, Ini Miney Jovahexeon said:

Pleased to meet ya, here on the SSMB! We've got quite an array of activities to help you mesh right in!

Sounds awesome, thank you! Pleased to meet you, too!

2 minutes ago, blueblur98 said:

welcome to SSMB, tikikata!

grab a seat and make yourself at home!

Such a cute Classic Sonic gif, haha, I love it! Thanks for the friendly welcome! ^^

1 minute ago, Failinhearts said:

Silver... goooooood choice, man! He's in my top 3! I can tell we can be good friends already!

You make fan characters, too? As a writer, I'd love to see them or give you advice, so throw 'em out when you're ready! Have fun here!

Aw, yay! ^^ So glad to find more Silver fans! <3

That would be fantastic!!! Thank you! ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

it's practically been a year since i signed up! let me properly introduce myself, as "hello i guess" just won't cut it.

*ahem*

hello. i'm blueblur98, a gamer, music maker, game reviewer, aspiring game developer and all-around chill guy. i joined the sonic stadium because sonic retro's forum requirements were a bit too strict for my liking. had i been accepted, i would've been known as fluffofyarn there. my favorite generes are platformers, racing games (preferably arcade/MK style), fighing games and puzzle games.

i've been a sonic fan since 2008, when i got sonic mega collection plus on my PS2. i would later go on to collect every sonic game on the system, as well as almost every main sonic game released as of yet. the fast-paced gameplay, colorful settings and cool characters drew me in, and i haven't been able to get out for 10 years, which isn't a bad thing. ever since then, i have got into more series, like littlebigplanet, crash bandicoot, sly cooper and more.

gaming inspired me to create my youtube channel,  which has held all of my reviews. at first, it strictly related to sonic and only sonic, but i would review and look at even more games later on. i have now amassed a small 100-person fanbase, which is great to have. 

reviews aren't my only passion, though. after i got my tablet in october of 2016, i made a full album of music you can check out. mostly techno stuff, but there's also some rock and serene music there. i was working on my second album, when my tablet unfortunately stopped charging, thus making me unable to finish it. i still regret not releasing it as-is by copying the tracks onto an SD card.

i have plans for making my own games, including a 2D platformer i'm keeping a secret, and an arcade game titled night of the glowflies. i'm going to start making both of these titles soon, so stay tuned!

i also have a blog at blueblur98.wordpress.com where you can find reviews and opinion pieces on whatever happens to be on my mind. nobody reads it, though. i want to have some people reading my posts.

as for here, it's been a crazy year of experiences. i've met some great people here, and it was fun discussing things even at the low points. the people here are mostly very nice, and are fun to be around and talk to. thank you all for making my year on SSMB a fun one, and i hope year 2 brings more fun than year 1.

1 minute ago, blueblur98 said:

it's practically been a year since i signed up! let me properly introduce myself, as "hello i guess" just won't cut it.

*ahem*

hello. i'm blueblur98, a gamer, music maker, game reviewer, aspiring game developer and all-around chill guy. i joined the sonic stadium because sonic retro's forum requirements were a bit too strict for my liking. had i been accepted, i would've been known as fluffofyarn there. my favorite generes are platformers, racing games (preferably arcade/MK style), fighing games and puzzle games.

i've been a sonic fan since 2008, when i got sonic mega collection plus on my PS2. i would later go on to collect every sonic game on the system, as well as almost every main sonic game released as of yet. the fast-paced gameplay, colorful settings and cool characters drew me in, and i haven't been able to get out for 10 years, which isn't a bad thing. ever since then, i have got into more series, like littlebigplanet, crash bandicoot, sly cooper and more.

gaming inspired me to create my youtube channel,  which has held all of my reviews. at first, it strictly related to sonic and only sonic, but i would review and look at even more games later on. i have now amassed a small 100-person fanbase, which is great to have. 

reviews aren't my only passion, though. after i got my tablet in october of 2016, i made a full album of music you can check out. mostly techno stuff, but there's also some rock and serene music there. i was working on my second album, when my tablet unfortunately stopped charging, thus making me unable to finish it. i still regret not releasing it as-is by copying the tracks onto an SD card.

i have plans for making my own games, including a 2D platformer i'm keeping a secret, and an arcade game titled night of the glowflies. i'm going to start making both of these titles soon, so stay tuned!

i also have a blog at blueblur98.wordpress.com where you can find reviews and opinion pieces on whatever happens to be on my mind. nobody reads it, though. i want to have some people reading my posts.

as for here, it's been a crazy year of experiences. i've met some great people here, and it was fun discussing things even at the low points. the people here are mostly very nice, and are fun to be around and talk to. thank you all for making my year on SSMB a fun one, and i hope year 2 brings more fun than year 1.

...Welcome to SSMB, enjoy your stay? :V

Regardless, glad you had a great year 1! Your positivity and enthusiasm in this site is something most appreciated here, so keep it up for the new year and good luck on your game!

I'm not exactly a new member, but it has been so long since I've been here. I created this account around the time Sonic Generations was close to be released,  stayed for few days and then vanished. I recently remembered about this place and somehow I still knew my password, so decided to enter here.

I'm Ninjice, my first sonic game was Sonic Adventure and ever since then I've been a hug fan, english is not my native language, so I apologize any mistakes beforehand. I'm a college student and also a big anime fan. When I have spare time, sometimes I sub videos and stuff.

And that's it, hopefully my stay here this time will be longer!

6 hours ago, Ninjice said:

I'm not exactly a new member, but it has been so long since I've been here. I created this account around the time Sonic Generations was close to be released,  stayed for few days and then vanished. I recently remembered about this place and somehow I still knew my password, so decided to enter here.

I'm Ninjice, my first sonic game was Sonic Adventure and ever since then I've been a hug fan, english is not my native language, so I apologize any mistakes beforehand. I'm a college student and also a big anime fan. When I have spare time, sometimes I sub videos and stuff.

And that's it, hopefully my stay here this time will be longer!

Welcome back to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

Hope you grow to be a strong presence on this site!

• Fist Bump 1

Nice to meet you everyone! I have been a sonic fan since I played Sonic Adventure 2 for the gamecube when I was a kid. I have played just about every Sonic game I know of and have watched Sonic X and Sonic Boom. I will probably watch the older shows some day as well. I also more recently got into the comics as well. My top 10 favorite Sonic games are 1. Sonic Adventure 2 2. Sonic Adventure 3. Sonic Generations 4. Sonic Unleashed 5. Sonic Rush Adventure 6. Sonic Rush 7. Sonic Colors 8. Sonic Forces 9. Sonic Heroes 10. Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) My 2 favorite Sonic characters are Shadow the hedgehog and Blaze the cat. My friend is drawing my Sonic OC and I cant wait for it so I can show it off. My favorite thing about the Sonic fan community is we all grew up with different games and so we are nostalgic about different games because this franchise has so much history. Its nice to meet you :)  

5 minutes ago, UmbraTheHedgehog said:

Nice to meet you everyone! I have been a sonic fan since I played Sonic Adventure 2 for the gamecube when I was a kid. I have played just about every Sonic game I know of and have watched Sonic X and Sonic Boom. I will probably watch the older shows some day as well. I also more recently got into the comics as well. My top 10 favorite Sonic games are 1. Sonic Adventure 2 2. Sonic Adventure 3. Sonic Generations 4. Sonic Unleashed 5. Sonic Rush Adventure 6. Sonic Rush 7. Sonic Colors 8. Sonic Forces 9. Sonic Heroes 10. Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) My 2 favorite Sonic characters are Shadow the hedgehog and Blaze the cat. My friend is drawing my Sonic OC and I cant wait for it so I can show it off. My favorite thing about the Sonic fan community is we all grew up with different games and so we are nostalgic about different games because this franchise has so much history. Its nice to meet you :)  

I can tell you're quite enthusiastic about Sonic! You'll fit right at home, here!