Jump to content
Indigo Rush

The Introduction Topic

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

hahaha thank you! :D

Sorry if this isn't the right topic but does anyone know how to change your signature? I cant seem to find it.

You do so in Account Settings. Just click on your name if on the computer and a drop down list with the option will be visible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*waves with only slight anxiety*

Hey. It's been several years since I was last active here. I decided to put in another appearance, because I miss having a Sonic community. I changed my username, but when I was here last, I was under the name Bethany GRT, and prior to that I was under the name Eon Squirrel.

Anyway, hello again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Delta Starfire said:

*waves with only slight anxiety*

Hey. It's been several years since I was last active here. I decided to put in another appearance, because I miss having a Sonic community. I changed my username, but when I was here last, I was under the name Bethany GRT, and prior to that I was under the name Eon Squirrel.

Anyway, hello again.

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

Welcome back to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

Hope this place gives you the Sonic community you missed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delta Starfire said:

*waves with only slight anxiety*

Hey. It's been several years since I was last active here. I decided to put in another appearance, because I miss having a Sonic community. I changed my username, but when I was here last, I was under the name Bethany GRT, and prior to that I was under the name Eon Squirrel.

Anyway, hello again.

I remember you posting in the Ken Penders topic back in the day. Welcome back and hope you enjoy your stay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I remember you posting in the Ken Penders topic back in the day. Welcome back and hope you enjoy your stay!

Well, I hope that's a positive memory. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Yep, it is. I don't go on it much anymore, so I can't tell you anything about its current happenings, but it seems to still be fairly active. (I'm not super active on these forums in general actually, but I'm around here and there xP)

Well, I may check that out some time, if I fancy looking at the trainwreck again. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I am new here

Have known this site for many years I just didn't feel like I was a good fit here but I recently thought about trying it out.

Awesome job on the site though, and its so cool that it picked up my Gravatar when I registered.

 I hang out mainly on sonicretro but let's see how this goes. I like a varied conversation because on sonicretro the focus is too much on ancient hardware and far too little on art or new developments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sonikku2k said:

Hello, I am new here

Have known this site for many years I just didn't feel like I was a good fit here but I recently thought about trying it out.

Awesome job on the site though, and its so cool that it picked up my Gravatar when I registered.

 I hang out mainly on sonicretro but let's see how this goes. I like a varied conversation because on sonicretro the focus is too much on ancient hardware and far too little on art or new developments.

Hello Sonikku2k! Welcome to SSMB. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sonikku2k said:

Hello, I am new here

Have known this site for many years I just didn't feel like I was a good fit here but I recently thought about trying it out.

Awesome job on the site though, and its so cool that it picked up my Gravatar when I registered.

 I hang out mainly on sonicretro but let's see how this goes. I like a varied conversation because on sonicretro the focus is too much on ancient hardware and far too little on art or new developments.

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

I'm sure you'll fit right in, so feel free to start a conversation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, new gal over here. I've known about this site for a good while and I've started to particularly lurk around these forums during these past few months. I've decided to take the plunge and finally join these forums. 

Anyways, a bit about myself. I'm a young transwoman who recently started studying art and animation for college last year, so of course those are my main interests, expect a lot of art posts here, lol. I also like editing videos together, and I used to make YTPs, though nowadays I don't really do them. I wanna do some other kinds of vids besides YTP in the future. I'm also a small time fangame developer. I'm currently in the early stages of making a Sonic fangame, but I'm taking a bit of a break from it to focus on my studies. I'm hoping to get back into making it by the time my summer break rolls around.

So anyways, yeah that's the gist of it. I hope to post around here fairly often since I don't usually do well in a forum setting, but I got a good feeling about this one. Hopefully I'll get all nice and comfy in this place :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the SSMB! Hope you enjoy your stay here and yes, it is comfy, nice and there are good feelings most of the time. :)

Wait a minute...I know you! Now that's a surprise coming here. You might not know me though but at least give a few hints such as former tennis player, often at the gaming section, lunatic fringe and was one of the oldest members when I was at a different place to the point where one of the members considered me an Old Man. To be honest I don't blame you for making different types of videos, YTPs have had a negative effect on people as I know from personal experience. Hope you get to post some of the artwork here in the future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mr Loopone said:

Welcome to the SSMB! Hope you enjoy your stay here and yes, it is comfy, nice and there are good feelings most of the time. :)

Wait a minute...I know you! Now that's a surprise coming here. You might not know me though but at least give a few hints such as former tennis player, often at the gaming section, lunatic fringe and was one of the oldest members when I was at a different place to the point where one of the members considered me an Old Man. To be honest I don't blame you for making different times of videos, YTPs have had a negative effect on people as I know from personal experience. Hope you get to post some of the artwork here in the future!

Oh shoot! I wasn't expecting someone to actually recognize me from those old YTP forums. I don't remember you though. Though from your demeanor I think I may have a few guesses 

But yeah, thanks for the warm welcome c:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palette said:

Hey, new gal over here. I've known about this site for a good while and I've started to particularly lurk around these forums during these past few months. I've decided to take the plunge and finally join these forums. 

Anyways, a bit about myself. I'm a young transwoman who recently started studying art and animation for college last year, so of course those are my main interests, expect a lot of art posts here, lol. I also like editing videos together, and I used to make YTPs, though nowadays I don't really do them. I wanna do some other kinds of vids besides YTP in the future. I'm also a small time fangame developer. I'm currently in the early stages of making a Sonic fangame, but I'm taking a bit of a break from it to focus on my studies. I'm hoping to get back into making it by the time my summer break rolls around.

So anyways, yeah that's the gist of it. I hope to post around here fairly often since I don't usually do well in a forum setting, but I got a good feeling about this one. Hopefully I'll get all nice and comfy in this place :) 

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

My friend Loopone knows you? Well, a friend of his is a friend of mine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, Knight56 here! I've gotten pretty into Sonic the Hedgehog over the past few years, despite being indifferent toward it through most of my childhood. I hope to be a helpful and insightful member here on the forums!

Also, I am thinking about making some fanfictions based on the games, more specifically retellings to help better explain what I think are misunderstood or poorly portrayed storylines. We'll see how that turns out however!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Knight56 said:

Hello, Knight56 here! I've gotten pretty into Sonic the Hedgehog over the past few years, despite being indifferent toward it through most of my childhood. I hope to be a helpful and insightful member here on the forums!

Also, I am thinking about making some fanfictions based on the games, more specifically retellings to help better explain what I think are misunderstood or poorly portrayed storylines. We'll see how that turns out however!

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

A fellow writer, huh? Nice to meet ya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Knight56 said:

Hello, Knight56 here! I've gotten pretty into Sonic the Hedgehog over the past few years, despite being indifferent toward it through most of my childhood. I hope to be a helpful and insightful member here on the forums!

Also, I am thinking about making some fanfictions based on the games, more specifically retellings to help better explain what I think are misunderstood or poorly portrayed storylines. We'll see how that turns out however!

Welcome to the stadium, Knight56!

You write fanfiction too? Have any pointers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bloxxerboy said:

Welcome to the stadium, Knight56!

You write fanfiction too? Have any pointers?

 
 

Well, I think I'd be more helpful if I saw some of your work. But to me, one of the more underappreciated things is setting description. It can really set the mood for the rest of the chapter or story, and I've found in my reviews on other sites that it can really help.

One of the ideas I have floating around right now is a retelling of Shadow the Hedgehog's Last Story, as it seems to be heavily bashed for having a story ridden with plot holes and having a poor explanation of what really happened. I aim to fix that by using most of the levels present in the game and tying them all together to build up to the climax. I think it would honestly do a service to the community.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.